Sheff Utd 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just realised something: we have to cheer Cov and Forest on on Saturday.

Only interested in cheering my team on, it's not the last day of the season yet :icon_wink

Yeah, but what if Watford or Leeds were to get in the play-offs by a point, Cov or Forest could curb that point on Sat. Obviously, there's no suggesting they'd play the same way regardless of that result, but they could both do us a favour that's for sure.

Yeah, but what if Watford or Leeds were to get in the play-offs by a point, Cov or Forest could curb that point on Sat. Obviously, there's no suggesting they'd play the same way regardless of that result, but they could both do us a favour that's for sure.

More worried about our terrible goal difference at the moment.
I hope the Ipswich result isn't in any way an influence come the end of the season.

More worried about our terrible goal difference at the moment.
I hope the Ipswich result isn't in any way an influence come the end of the season.

One result won't have an influence come the end of the season.

If anything, it'll be the shower of shite under Paulo Sousa at the beginning of the season.

Under him, we'd have been hammered last night. And from what I've heard and read, we weren't great at all but there was plenty of resolve, grit and dermination for the cause (and a bit of luck!). I see that as great endorsement of Sven's management and the way we're going.

I look forward to Barnsley on Saturday.

If we continue to climb up the table towards the playoffs, the only thing i fear is that our goal difference is by far the worst in the top 10
and we could end up missing out on goal difference like Swansea did last year.
What a choker that would be with Sousa's results like 6-1 at pompey eventually costing us at the business end of the season.
-4 now, if we play well Saturday we may well be soon on 0 or the +1 etc if we can put 3 or 4 past the likes of Barnsley & Bristol we could really be heading in the right direction.

I think from the position we were in 3 months ago (and even now), most people would take play-off qualification being as close as a point here or there. We're still outsiders, but results like this certainly suggest we have a chance.

I said previously that if we win away at Sheff U and then at home to the hovis bunch, we'll make the play offs, i'll stick with this.

There's a reason we haven't won away at Sheff U since 1985 (i think), and normally we would come away with zero.

A great confidence boosting win this one, regardless of the performance.

Next up the hovis lot...someones due a tonking...

I said previously that if we win away at Sheff U and then at home to the hovis bunch, we'll make the play offs, i'll stick with this.

There's a reason we haven't won away at Sheff U since 1985 (i think), and normally we would come away with zero.

A great confidence boosting win this one, regardless of the performance.

Next up the hovis lot...someones due a tonking...

Couldn't be happier if it was Barnsley that got that tonking. Could, not, be, happier.

May be all those who castigated Ben Mee after his first ever game and after giving away a penalty in his first ever minute of that game will now give the guy a fair chance.

The impatience and inability of some on here to recognise a good player is incredible.

And you know who you are....

Not really, he's a liability. An accident waiting to happen. He might turn out to be a great player but I'm finding it difficult to understand why we are blooding him, teaching him the game and letting him make all of his mistakes during a promotion push. It's madness.

The less said about Van Aanholt the better. These players are not currently better than the seasoned pros we have at the club already. They may turn out to be but that's of no benefit to us.

Last edited:
My folks/OH went last night and said they shouldve won 4-1 and we were lucky!!!! Makes a nice change, I could see another 'Preston' happening....Apparently some City fans were shouting 'DIE! DIE! DIE!' when Mattock was laid injured - if you were one of them then hang your head in shame......

Weale - 9
Naughton - 5
Bamba - 7
Mee - 4
Van Aanholt - 2
Abe - 5
Wellens - 6
King - 6
Vassell - 3
Yakubu - 5
Dyer - 5

The highlight of the Radio Leicester commentry for me was Stringer shouting "Ben Mee over!"

Is he trying to tell us something?:icon_lol:

Saturdays game will be no walk in the park, they are only two points behind us, got in 2-3 new players and playing better than earlier in the season when we beat them at their place.

I would love to batter them, but think it will be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669