Sheff Utd 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot comment on the performance but look forward to reading posts from those who were there.

The team selection is interesting. Sven has settled on his midfield for some time. Now the strikers seem to be settled. Gallagher is fit but on the bench and Dyer is preferred alongside Vassell and The Yak.

The defence is less obvious. After the Millwall game I was surprised that Mee kept his place but it seems Sven rates him higher than Hobbs. Van Aanholt is clearly not just a back up for Berner.

Its not what Mattock said about LCFC that makes me hate the little spotty c***. Its him as a person, and 75% of people who know him will agree.

Him and his big time mates can all rot in hell.

I hate everything about him. Probably the most arrogant person I've ever had the misfortune of speaking too.

Weale - 7 - Made some great saves to keep them out.
Naughton - 4 - Lost possession too many times.
Bamba - 5 - Reasonably solid, poor distribution, made a couple of mistakes. Clownish at times.
Mee - 5 - Solid, but again made a couple of mistakes and distribution was poor.
Van Aanholt - 3 - Horrendous debut. Lost the ball repeatedly, passing was awful.
Abe - 4 - Had a tough night but worked hard.
Wellens - 5 - Kept the midfield ticking, but unspectacular.
King - 5 - Not his best game but still had good moments.
Vassell - 3 - Appalling.
Yakubu - 5 - Flashes of adequacy.
Dyer - 5 - Up for it but didn't achieve much.

Subs: Gallagher - Has learned to tackle.
Oakley - Headed off the line.
Waghorn - Was on for about a minute.

Not sure how you can give Naughton a 4, thought he was our best outfield player. Mee was steady, some nice last ditch defending at times, would benefit from a leader beside him.

Not Wellens' best game but got under their skin and did a job. Yak needed to put a shift in, think he had the wrong studs in.

It's a good job King scores. Oakley, times up.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can give Naughton a 3
Not sure how you think I did :icon_conf
thought he was our best outfield player.
Wow. No. Did you not see how many times he lost the ball in dangerous areas?
Mee was steady, some nice last ditch defending at times, would benefit from a leader beside him.
Agree.
Not Wellens' best game but got under their skin and did a job. Yak needed to put a shift in, think he had the wrong studs in.
Agree with that too.

Just to add as well, the pitch was a bit of a shocker, maybe the reason we couldn't get going as we usually do with the passing game.

Just to add as well, the pitch was a bit of a shocker, maybe the reason we couldn't get going as we usually do with the passing game.

The commentary team suggested that Micky might have had a word with the groundsman.

Wouldn't surprise me. Worked a treat for them. Shame their strikers couldn't hit a barn door and it managed to injure their new left back.

Last edited:
Now it's gettin' late
And the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate
See it shinin' in your eye.

Bit harsh with some of your ratings there BM.

I wouldn't have marked Naughton down that low, or Vassell.

Though tbh I think the only two who deserved more than a 5 were Mee and Weale.
:102: I can't be the only person who saw Naughton repeatedly give the ball away in front of goal, and everything Vassell tried went tits up.

I didn't think he worse worse than Bamba tbh, he gave the ball away loads and put us in danger saveral times for Mee to tidy things up.

As for Vassell, the effort was there, just a tad too greedy at times and again, passing wasnt up to much. I wouldve taken him off instead of Dyer for Gally.

:102: I can't be the only person who saw Naughton repeatedly give the ball away in front of goal, and everything Vassell tried went tits up.

No, both fullbacks were poor tonight, although I thought Mee deserved more than a 5. Was better than Bamba and won almost everything in the air.

So when we are playing on a pitch maintained like a bowls green we are awesome.

What should Plan B be when we are playing on the equivalent of a farmer's field like tonight?

Micky Adams simply said "You cannot pass on this pitch so just hoof it and pack their penalty area and win corners"

That was a plan that almost worked.

Well battled. Bit of luck, but who's complaining.

Hopefully maintain this form and we will be up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669