Sheffield Wednesday - Saturday 4th November 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to. I'll have to consult my agent first. :icon_wink

I saw your agent in Saffron Lane last night. I can see why he left you to drink on your own!

London Branch will be on the 10:25 from St Pancras. That's the 11:36 from Leicester.

So we'l see you in Fat Cats about 1.30pm ?

There's a diversion for engineering works after Derby, so the journey is taking about half an hour longer than normally. Train doesn't arrive in Sheffield until 13:18 - and I'm sure it will take more than 12 minutes to get from there to the pub.

There's a diversion for engineering works after Derby, so the journey is taking about half an hour longer than normally. Train doesn't arrive in Sheffield until 13:18 - and I'm sure it will take more than 12 minutes to get from there to the pub.

Not if I have anything to do with it!

A London Branch mate told me at the Stoke game last night that as their train arrives later than it did last year they will be boozing in the pub opposite Shalemoor tram station and not the Fat Cat.
RS & Boc could you please confirm.

A London Branch mate told me at the Stoke game last night that as their train arrives later than it did last year they will be boozing in the pub opposite Shalemoor tram station and not the Fat Cat.

:confused:
No mention was made of that to me either last night or Saturday - but I didn't travel on the same trains to the Palace game, so perhaps it was ew-arranged then.

Apparently, as we are likely to be pushed for time ( and the Fat Cat is about 10 mins from Shalesmoor supertram stop ), we may well instread go to the Cask & Cutler, which is within sight of Shalesmoor supertram stop. Another free house.

Apparently, as we are likely to be pushed for time ( and the Fat Cat is about 10 mins from Shalesmoor supertram stop ), we may well instread go to the Cask & Cutler, which is within sight of Shalesmoor supertram stop. Another free house.

and also a super-dump for what I saw of it last year.

Looks like all the cheap train tickets have now gone.
But if you still plan to go by train and haven't gat a cheap ticket, don't pay the full Leicester to Sheffield price, you can save a few quid by getting a two cheap day return tickets, Leicester to Derby, then Derby to Sheffield. Works out at around £16.

I saw your agent in Saffron Lane last night. I can see why he left you to drink on your own!

Is that a compliment to my girlfriend Boc :icon_lol: .

I was quite suprised to see you, just looked over my shoulder and there you were.

Looks like all the cheap train tickets have now gone.
But if you still plan to go by train and haven't gat a cheap ticket, don't pay the full Leicester to Sheffield price, you can save a few quid by getting a two cheap day return tickets, Leicester to Derby, then Derby to Sheffield. Works out at around £16.

I mentioned this in the opening post of the thread - the combined price is £15.50 and you can buy both tickets at Leicester; you don't have to waste time by getting off at Derby to take advantage of this.

Also, if you can get into a group of 3 or 4, you can combine this tactic with GroupSave - 3 or 4 travel for the same price as 2. So that would make it about £10.40 each for 3 or £7.25 each for 4 - one hell of a lot cheaper than the cheap tickets!!

NB GroupSave not valid on Virgin Trains between Derby and Sheffield - you must travel only on Central and MML trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566