SHOULD HE STAY? OR SHOULD HE GO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who-Izzet

Ok so I know this one has been posted before, but from what I have seen of heard of the players my opinion is changing rapidly.

Who do you think should stay & who should go?

Does anyone know of anywhere that could do something that works out the percentage of votes for the players?

Ian Walker - GO (proved me wrong, but free's up wages)
Peter Canero - STAY (young, showed a few good signs)
Danny Tiatto - STAY (best player this season)
Nikos Dabizas - GO (Really think he would rather be somewhere else)
Martin Keown - GO (Not going to improve with age)
Matt Heath - STAY (Still raw but believe he can be alot better)
Keith Gillespie - GO (Believe his problems are more than just on the pitch)
Lilian Nalis - GO (tough but sometimes he looks like he needs a hair cut)
Dion Dublin - GO (Near the end of the road)
James Scowcroft - GO (Not Premier League quality)
Jordan Stewart - GO (age on his side, needs better players around him)
Chris Makin - GO (tough but Canero or Stearman for me)
Scot Gemmill - GO (not Premier quality anymore)
Gareth Williams - STAY (he'd be starting in my XI)
Richard Stearman - STAY (one for the future)
Matt Elliott - GO (one of my best players under MON but Matt call it a day)
David Connolly - STAY (Missed some but still not getting the service)
Trevor Benjamin - GO (either play him & see or free up the wage bill)
Jason Wilcox - GO (never understood why we signed him, past it)
Joey Gudjonsson - GO (was good for Betis but not creative enough)
Tommy Wright - STAY (tough choice but I'd give the lad 1 more season)
Nathan Blake - GO (what was Mickey on?)
Lee Morris - STAY (Creative apparentley but had an offer from casualty)
Stephen Dawson - STAY (never seen him, but should get his chance)
Conrad Logan - GO (Totally on what I heard, but doesn't sound that great)
Kevin Pressman - GO (Should be no.1 lol joking!!!)
Chris O'Grady - STAY (nearly 19, still time. Notts Co are poor be fair)
Levi Porter - STAY (I heard a few stories of this guy which are all good)

That gives me a squad of 11 players & 3 of them have never started a game for us. Perhaps the changes won't be this huge, but do your own on realise what a job CL has here.

Guys I'd be looking to get in...

DEF Alan Maybury - Hearts (as I think we are)
MID Craig Rocastle - Chelsea (on loan at Hibs, doing a good job)
GOA Kasey Keller - Spurs (could be a free agent end of season)
ATT Pawel Abbott - Huddersfield (depends on price)
MID Inigo Indiakez - Derby (eww a Ram, looks too good for this league & creative)
WIN Scott Partridge - Liverpool (not seen him this season, but looked great for the Sky Blues last season)

Lets put it another way....you've a Gun,you have five bullets.Which 5 out of the current squad of 'wasters' do you take out?
I'll start you with...
Makin
Scowcroft
Gemmill
Dublin
Blake

Yeah,I know five isn't enough but five is all you've got...Fire Away

Ian Walker - Stay (only if he takes a huge wage cut)
Peter Canero - Stay (we've struggled without him at RB supporting Gillespie)
Danny Tiatto - Stay (only until the end of next season at the most as he's getting on a bit)
Nikos Dabizas - Stay (only until the end of the season)
Martin Keown - Go (only at the end of the season)
Matt Heath- Stay (possibly one of our top scorers this year so far)
Keith Gillespie - Stay (looks a better different player under CL and our only proper right winger)
Lilian Nalis - Stay (possibly the best player in our team)
Dion Dublin - Go (I don't rate him at all and he's getting on a bit)
James Scowcroft - Go (don't rate him think he's better in the championship but if we get in the premiership again he'll have another useless season)
Jordan Stewart - Stay (young and coming player very good and the future and present of our club)
Chris Makin - Go (crap and useless no need for him in any team above the conference)
Scot Gemmill - Stay ( a good all around player)
Gareth Williams - Stay (don't quite understand yet why he doesn't start as he is also up there to be our best player)
Richard Stearman - Stay (quality and future of our club could get some good money out of him soon)
Matt Elliott - Go (gets payed to much and wouldnt play even if he was fit)
David Connolly - Stay (probably not good enough for us but is supposedly our only proper goalscorer not showing it though)
Trevor Benjamin - Go (useless piece of crap)
Jason Wilcox - Go (don't even need a reason)
Joey Gudjonsson - Go (again useless piece of crap and keeping Williams out of the team for some reason which isn't good)
Tommy Wright - Go (not good enough at the top level if that's where we want to be)
Nathan Blake - Go (I'm not goin to say anything)
Lee Morris - Go (to injury prone and not very good)
Stephen Dawson - Stay (not seen him play so he needs a chance)
Conrad Logan - Stay (don't have many keepers so we may as well keep him until we get a new one)
Kevin Pressman - Go (not bad keeper but to old really)
Chris O'Grady - Stay (not seen him play so he needs a chance)
Levi Porter - Stay (not seen him play so he needs a chance)

i don't think we have to worry about Walker.
the longer this injury takes the more i get the feeling that it's a career-ending one.
besides,he is out of contract in the summer and i doubt that it will be renewed,simply due to the cost.

5 bulletts

Wilcox
Dublin
Benjamin
Keown
Elliott

I think they need putting down, perhaps if we had a magnum & stand the rest in a line we will get a few more.

Ian Walker - STAY - if he takes a pay cut
Peter Canero - STAY - looks good. still young - one for the future.
Danny Tiatto - STAY - our best player by far this season
Nikos Dabizas - GO - decent but can make silly mistakes
Martin Keown - STAY - keep him on as player-coach and help out youngsters. would be a great role model to young defenders
Matt Heath - STAY - best centre back we got, behind Keown
Keith Gillespie - STAY - looked good lately only right winger we got
Lilian Nalis - STAY - midfield looks lost without him
Dion Dublin - GO - too old and lost the pace
James Scowcroft - GO - get someone in better with his wages, good servant to the club though.
Jordan Stewart - STAY - promising and still got 10 years left in him
Chris Makin - GO - looked good but only as cover
Scot Gemmill - GO - again good cover but not worth keeping
Gareth Williams - STAY - great player
Richard Stearman - STAY - the future captain of Leicester City IMO
Matt Elliott - GO - legend but his time is over we need the money from his wages to invest in other talent
David Connolly - STAY - he will come good, I guarantee!
Trevor Benjamin - STAY - last time we were in D1 he was a gem. give him a chance!
Jason Wilcox - GO - waste of money, out for the season
Joey Gudjonsson - STAY - hard working grafter - looks good.
Tommy Wright - STAY - i would keep him, but I would loan him out to a lower league club.
Nathan Blake - GO - waste of space, waste of money. **** off back to wolves!
Lee Morris - STAY - looks promising
Stephen Dawson - STAY - one for the future
Conrad Logan - STAY - better than Pressman and worth keeping if Walker doesn't return...
Kevin Pressman - GO - don't need him, Taylor, Walker and Logan better than him.
Chris O'Grady - promising
Levi Porter - Looks like one of the best talents we've had since Heskey

Matt Heath - STAY - best centre back we got, behind Keown

what the f##k!

Heath IMO is poor , today he was shocking and just let the player run past him for there 2nd goal.Dublin is much better than him and Sterman

Lee Morris - STAY - looks promising

This bloke is shocking.He aint got a clue poor against Rovrum and poor when he came on against Sheff utd.

about 10 of us were singing today '****ing have Lee Morris , ****ing have Lee Morris , You can ****ing have Lee Morris'

Ian Walker - GO
Peter Canero - STAY
Danny Tiatto - STAY
Nikos Dabizas - 50/50
Martin Keown - Go
Matt Heath - STAY
Keith Gillespie - GO
Lilian Nalis - Stay 9but going at the end of the season anyway
Dion Dublin - GO
James Scowcroft - 50/50
Jordan Stewart - STAY
Chris Makin - GO (shit)
Scot Gemmill - GO
Gareth Williams - STAY
Richard Stearman - STAY
Matt Elliott - GO
David Connolly - STAY
Trevor Benjamin - 50/50 (if we stay in this leauge then sure stay, if not he can go!)
Jason Wilcox - Out of it anyway
Joey Gudjonsson - Stay
Tommy Wright - STAY
Nathan Blake - GO
Lee Morris - STAY
Stephen Dawson - STAY
Conrad Logan - Stay (why get rid of young talent, its cheap aswell)
Kevin Pressman - GO
Chris O'Grady - STAY
Levi Porter - STAY

Ian Walker - Stay (With a large reduction in wages)
Peter Canero - STAY (young)
Danny Tiatto - STAY (Must stay)
Nikos Dabizas - Stay (One year more and GO)
Martin Keown - GO (Can be good, but not often enough)
Matt Heath - STAY (Ok at this level)
Keith Gillespie - STAY (Done well for CL)
Lilian Nalis - STAY (Must stay)
Dion Dublin - GO (ASAP)
James Scowcroft - GO (Does not care about city)
Jordan Stewart - STAY (Good at this level)
Chris Makin - GO (To many mistakes)
Scot Gemmill - GO (Why is he here)
Gareth Williams - STAY (Makes a difference)
Richard Stearman - STAY (Definate stay)
Matt Elliott - GO (THanks for everything matty, time to move on)
David Connolly - STAY (But the clock is ticking)
Trevor Benjamin - GO (Sorry trev but we need more than 100%)
Jason Wilcox - GO (Lost in space)
Joey Gudjonsson - STAY (Tries hard and does some good)
Nathan Blake - GO (ASAP)
Lee Morris - STAY (Young)
Kevin Pressman - GO (To old)
Chris O'Grady - STAY (Seen him once, he impressed me)
Tommy Wright - STAY (Still possible)

Levi Porter - Dont Know
Stephen Dawson - Dont Know
Conrad Logan - Dont Know

I think out of all the younger players Levi Porter will be the one based on what I read, but then Petrescu & Wright should have been.

I have to admit I would give Benjamin a chance, his record actually isn't that bad, even in a Leicester shirt. So he's a donkey but somehow (even when he bobbles it in) he gets it in the net. We have nothing to loose now, I'd give him 5-6 games in the first team to prove himself. Didn't he score in the Chelsea & Arsenal reserve matches?

Ian Walker - STAY (unless we can get someone else cheaper)
Peter Canero - STAY - (needs to improve a lot though)
Danny Tiatto - STAY (needs to cut down bookings though)
Nikos Dabizas - STAY (Most natural ability of any defender in squad, just needs someone to get it out of him))
Martin Keown - GO (but stay on the coaching staff)
Matt Heath - GO (will end up at either Grantham or Hinckley within 3-4 years)
Keith Gillespie -GO
Lilian Nalis - GO
Dion Dublin - GO (too old)
James Scowcroft - GO (Lazy bastard)
Jordan Stewart - STAY (still maintain one of our better platers this season)
Chris Makin - GO (not good enough)
Scot Gemmill - GO
Gareth Williams - STAY (needs to work harder though)
Richard Stearman - STAY (might turn out to be a decent player)
Matt Elliott - GO (free those wages up!)
David Connolly - STAY (no point kicking him out)
Trevor Benjamin - GO (a poor poor poor player)
Jason Wilcox - GO
Joey Gudjonsson - GO
Tommy Wright - GO (not good enough))
Nathan Blake - GO :lol: :lol:
Lee Morris - GO
Stephen Dawson - no idea, never seen him play
Conrad Logan - same as abve
Kevin Pressman - GO
Chris O'Grady - GO (poor reports at league 2 level)
Levi Porter - no idea

Joey Gudjonsson - GO (was good for Betis but not creative enough)

err................... :shock: :? :shock: :?

Joey was signed by Lorenzo Ferrer for 3million by Betis and he only played for them 5 times, he was so poor after those games he was sent to the B Team and even on loan to Ferrol and they didnt even play him, he was then given to Villa on a free, then Villa kicked him out to Wolves and Wolves kicked him out to us.

How was he "good" at Betis? :? :shock: :D

I'd keep Tiatto,Stearman,Dawson,Connolly,Canero,Williams but if someone came in with good money for any of them I'd let them go.
All the others I would let go.Let CL start from scratch and build a team that can acheive if not better the MON era.The Squad is full of mediocrity some of them are better than others but looking at everybodys elses lists just brings home how many poor,past it,never gone be it players we have accumalated.

Perhaps a more realistic way of looking at this would be:

Ian Walker - would like him to get fit again and STAY on a reduced wage. But I suspect he is either injured for good or he will GO elsehwere on a free. Can't blame him if he does. Good servant, best keeper we've had (equal with Flowers on his top form) for many years.

Stuart Taylor - STAY - if we can afford him, he wants to come, and Walker has gone. Walker would still be my first choice.

Peter Canero - STAY - needs a good run in the side and needs to decide if he's a winger or a right back (assuming we don't play wingbacks anytime soon, for which he'd be perfect)

Danny Tiatto - STAY - nutter!

Nikos Dabizas - STAY - with Keown, Elliot and Dublin all at the end of their careers, we need one senior centre back.

Martin Keown - would like him to STAY in some capacity - as a player if he can keep it going for another year, but on a reduced contract as he realistically won't be playing as much. But not to be relied on as first choice.

Matt Heath - STAY - as with Dabizas, we still need a centre back or two. Perhaps not the greatest, but not as bad as he is often made out and a realistic option as back up. We will not easily sign that many better payers for what we can afford to pay.

Keith Gillespie - STAY - finally doing something to justify his existence

Lilian Nalis - STAY or GO - the Frenchman is an enigma and will do what he wants anyway, with a Gallic shrug no doubt. If he stays he will be useful, if he goes we'll manage without him.

Dion Dublin - GO - thanks Dion, but it's a shame it's not really worked out.

James Scowcroft - he's undoubtedly one of our better players, so I'd like him to STAY on a much reduced contract, even though I'm not a big fan. I suspect he will GO though as he still has a decent reputation as a good footballer and will probably get a better offer. In that respect, if we get any sort of offer in January we should take it.

Jordan Stewart - STAY - see Gillespie comment above

Chris Makin - STAY or GO - not really bothered. Was supposed to be unspectular but solid, but he's been very inconsistent. If he can get his form back he could still be a good player for us. Highly rated by fans of former clubs, and not all that old yet, so maybe worth persevering with.

Scot Gemmill - GO - to be fair, a good pro who has played at the top level for all his career, so he must have been far better than he is now in his decline.

Gareth Williams - STAY - but will the real Gareth Williams please stand up?

Richard Stearman - STAY - looks a great prospect. Which these days means we might get a couple of mill for him in a year or two...

Matt Elliott - GO - with our very grateful thanks, Matt. One of, if not the most important LCFC player of the past decade, alongside Lennon and ahead of Izzett and Savage.

David Connolly - STAY - good player, needs to score more. Will benefit from a confident, quick thinking young team around him that Levein is working towards (hopefully).

Trevor Benjamin - GO - not good enough Trev.

Jason Wilcox - GO - too old, injured, and not the direction we want to head in.

Joey Gudjonsson - doesn't look quite good enough but still has some potential. Is in contract (a realistic one presumably) so he will STAY unless anyone wants to buy him, which is unlikely.

Tommy Wright - GO - not good enough. But is still under contract for another year I think. So will probably STAY and maybe go out on loan a couple more times.

Nathan Blake - GO - he is obviously a far better player than he has shown, and he's overly villified by some fans, but as with Willcox, not much point in handing out a new contract. Is he out of contract in the summer? Hope so!

Lee Morris - STAY - might as well give him a bit of a go. Young, quick, presumably talented, and on a small contract.

Stephen Dawson - STAY - never seen him play live, but looks good on reserve team highligts and is clearly rated by many people at the club.

Conrad Logan - GO - looks a bit dodgy from what I've seen.

Kevin Pressman - GO - cheers Pieman, it's been fun!

Chris O'Grady - Not sure. Didn't set the world alight at Notts County - in fact was supposed to be utterly shite.

Levi Porter - STAY - same as Dawson

I didn't know Gudjonsson only played 5 times for Betis. I seen him live on telly for them once & took it he was a regular. Hell I remember him playing alot better then than he does now though, but then with all our players "I remember them playing better for their other clubs".

I don't agree with what someone said about Heath though. I understand he makes mistakes, but every young centre back does, same as goalkeepers. It doesn't show up as much if you are a midfielder or a forward. Like I posted on another thread. Heath is only 24 on the 11th Jan, he's getting plenty of experience behind him now, he's big, gets up well, & nods a few goals in. Most defenders best years are from 25 upward.

I think he is the best prospect we have here & perhaps for a while, but time will tell. I could be wrong bet I'd be willing to bet my money on him becoming a Premier League regular in perhaps 2 more seasons.

matt heath is a decent enough player - hes pretty solid most of the time. hes had a difficult introduction to 1st team football - hes not got pace and it would have been much easier if hed had a fast partnet. hes big flaw is his distribution which is often poor, sometimes awful - i dont see him being premier league class unless that improves. i would hope we keep him though, we need to retain as much homegrown talent as possible

One thing we've never really had here though is pace at the back. Yeah I would certainly like to see him stay, but I think he can make it. Once the team settles down I think the distribution will get better. The past few seasons we have looked like a team that don't know what the other members of our team are going to do. I don't know if they do communicate but sometimes it doesn't look like it.

Stewarts is another who really needs to improve on this & perhaps the whole team. I've seen some nice possession since CL has been here but our final ball is terrible.

stewarts a strange one - when he 1st came through it looked like he had the potential to be absolutely fantastic cos of the flashes of brilliance he showed, i dont know if this talent is buried deep down somewhere now or if it was nothing more than an ability to do some fancy tricks with the ball when theres not too much pressure on him. having said which while not living up to that early potential so far hes still fast with a strong shot and has had a fairly solid season IMO. based on his current performances if he improves his final ball then he'll become a very important player for us i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566