Confirmed Transfer St Ledger loaned to Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he's been there a month Liam Moore could be recalled from Brentford if we need him. I don't think he's as good (yet) as SSL though.

Keane and Morgan look solid enough for now and it's not a position that needs rotating during a game. If we get an injury we'll bring Moore back who can also play right back. Plenty on here were saying how shit he was earlier this season, no doubt some will be moaning now he's gone.

But leaves us with an even thinner squad at an important time of the season. Presumably someone's coming in to replace him.

Irrespective of whether or not someone else is coming in, it is a bizarre decision. For me, St Ledger and Morgan were our best central defensive pairing this season. Although Keane undoubtedly has promise, we'd be a more solid team with St Ledger there and I was hoping/expecting him to be in the centre of our defence tomorrow evening.

Even if NP prefers Keane to St Ledger, surely St Ledger is a better sub than Whitbread or potentially Moore? Sometimes it appears as though NP is trying to make things harder for us. We've now got more strikers in our painfully thin squad than defenders. Completely baffling.

Irrespective of whether or not someone else is coming in, it is a bizarre decision. For me, St Ledger and Morgan were our best central defensive pairing this season. Although Keane undoubtedly has promise, we'd be a more solid team with St Ledger there and I was hoping/expecting him to be in the centre of our defence tomorrow evening.

Even if NP prefers Keane to St Ledger, surely St Ledger is a better sub than Whitbread or potentially Moore? Sometimes it appears as though NP is trying to make things harder for us. We've now got more strikers in our painfully thin squad than defenders. Completely baffling.

Looks like the club will have to rebuild the back line again in the off season, can't see SSL staying, Whitbread can't be relied on, Moore has little experience and the club is light at fullback. Shambles.

He's only played 8 games all season, will he really be missed that much?

Of course he will; every player we loan out becomes the one we are missing and the reason we are in a slump. Come on Matt, get with the programme ffs....

Very surprised by that move. I wouldn't have him starting, but certainly as first choice replacement for anywhere in defence really!

Is today the loan deadline? Has it already shut?

He's only played 8 games all season, will he really be missed that much?

He's only played 8 games due to injury and then the loan of Keane, he is the second best central defender we have on the books and will almost definitely cost more to replace than we can get for him. If totally changing the team each season is the answer then someone is asking the wrong question.

Last edited:
Helps to get him fit. Can't just throw him into the side when he's barely played in months. Maybe we'll see him slot straight in when he returns.

He's only played 8 games due to injury and then the loan of Keane, he is the second best central defender we have on the books and will almost definitely cost more to replace than we can get for him. If totally changing the team each season is the answer then someone is asking the wrong question.

As Nathan said though, he's not fit and hasn't played for a long time due to those injuries and Keane's good form. With six games to go, we can't afford to just throw him in and our defending has been fine (until the last few games) without him. The only reason we would need him in the run-in is through injury and I'm not convinced an unfit SSL is any better than a fit Moore.

You seem to be thinking this is the beginning of the end for him, it may be that he is still very much in Pearson's plans for next season but at the minute he is no use to us until he is fit.

Bizarre and worrying.

He's a very talented player at this level, one of our few full internationals and I expected him to be starting in front of Keane once fully fit.

Surely we don't need to cut the wage bill already so fingers crossed he's been moved on to bring in one or two on loan for ourselves otherwise it looks as if the owners have given up on this year and are preparing for another year in the Championship.

^^There are 8 games to go and with our poor defending it seems ideal in having an experienced player coming back to fitness to sure things up a bit but obviously not the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570