Confirmed Transfer St Ledger loaned to Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Nathan said though, he's not fit and hasn't played for a long time due to those injuries and Keane's good form. With six games to go, we can't afford to just throw him in and our defending has been fine (until the last few games) without him. The only reason we would need him in the run-in is through injury and I'm not convinced an unfit SSL is any better than a fit Moore.

You seem to be thinking this is the beginning of the end for him, it may be that he is still very much in Pearson's plans for next season but at the minute he is no use to us until he is fit.

He's as fit as the other substitute options at the back, otherwise no team would take him on loan. Personally I don't really think it matters if Nigel has him in his plans for next season but that is another discussion. The club has far too few options at the back and in midfield but loads of forwards on the bench.

Didn't we have about 200 right backs at one point?

I loved the security of knowing that should anything go wrong, should an injury occur during a match, there would always be another player ready to slot into the most valuable position within the side.

You can't have enough right-backs. Unless one of them is Robbie Neilson in which case you have one right-back too many.

Didn't we have about 200 right backs at one point?

James Chambers, Richard Stearman, Hossein Kaebi, Alan Maybury, Darren Kenton and Radiston Kishishev.

James Chambers, Richard Stearman, Hossein Kaebi, Alan Maybury, Darren Kenton and Radiston Kishishev.

The team from Megson's last match:

"M Fulop, B N'Gotty (L Porter, 61), P Kisnorbo, G McAuley, J Chambers, S Clemence (S Newton, 18), J Wesolowski, A Sheehan , R Stearman , M Fryatt, D Campbell (C John, 32) "

I think nine of those players have played at full back, although for most of them it's not their usual position.

The team from Megson's last match:

"M Fulop, B N'Gotty (L Porter, 61), P Kisnorbo, G McAuley, J Chambers, S Clemence (S Newton, 18), J Wesolowski, A Sheehan , R Stearman , M Fryatt, D Campbell (C John, 32) "

I think nine of those players have played at full back, although for most of them it's not their usual position.

During that game ten players played in a defensive capacity.

Bizarre and worrying.

Surely we don't need to cut the wage bill already so fingers crossed he's been moved on to bring in one or two on loan for ourselves otherwise it looks as if the owners have given up on this year and are preparing for another year in the Championship.

Well, unless anything happens in the next hour or so it looks like we're sticking with what we have. (Assuming it's midnight his time round and not 11 pm).

I'm not sure this is the best way to raise the moral in the dressing room. It seemed like he was a popular player, not that I'm reading too much into twitter...

Schmeichel - "gutted your going lad! Thought you were taking the mick earlier!"
Gallagher - "Good luck to my man @seanstledger12 on loan .. #topbloke #player"
Nugent - "please don't go....ill be lost without you!!!!"

People trying to paint this move as acceptable is absolutely baffling, Its absolutely not what we need at this stage for utterly obvious reasons. The same people were saying it was ok that we had **** all cover at left back because ssl can play there.

Some people would lick the shit from NP's arse.

I'm not sure this is the best way to raise the moral in the dressing room. It seemed like he was a popular player, not that I'm reading too much into twitter...

Schmeichel - "gutted your going lad! Thought you were taking the mick earlier!"
Gallagher - "Good luck to my man @seanstledger12 on loan .. #topbloke #player"
Nugent - "please don't go....ill be lost without you!!!!"

Looking good hey, our defending has been terrible recently, the boy wonder Keane couldnt even be arsed to jump to stop the shaggers 2nd the other week, this will give him a right kick up the arse...not.

Maybe Pearson still holds a grudge from when he fell out with him the 1st time, I cant think of any other logical reason.

Bizarre and worrying.

He's a very talented player at this level, one of our few full internationals and I expected him to be starting in front of Keane once fully fit.

Surely we don't need to cut the wage bill already so fingers crossed he's been moved on to bring in one or two on loan for ourselves otherwise it looks as if the owners have given up on this year and are preparing for another year in the Championship.

^^There are 8 games to go and with our poor defending it seems ideal in having an experienced player coming back to fitness to sure things up a bit but obviously not the case.

Did you read the last set of published results ?

Some people would lick the shit from NP's arse.

That's ****ing disgusting, no way would I do that. Maybe off his shoes, but no ****ing way would I lick it off his arse, that's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669