Stockport County - Sat 16th Aug 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have received an allocation of 1,332 tickets for this fixture. These are in the 'Railway End'. I'm still trying to get clarification, but there is a possibility that a further 800 tickets could be available in the Popular Side stand.

12/8/08 - 900 more tickets received. Please note these are in the Popular Side Stand, and are charged at £2 more

Please note the game is ALL TICKET for visiting supporters.

Prices:

Adults - £16 /£18
Seniors/Students - £11
Under 16's - £5

Mon 4th Aug - STH Priority 1
Tue 5th Aug - STH Priority 2
Wed 6th Aug - STH Priority 3
Thu 7th Aug - Members (Subject to availability)
Fri 8th Aug - General Sale (Subject to availability)

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at 10am and are priced as follows:

Adult STH - £14
Senior/Under 16 STH - £12

Adult non STH - £16
Senior/Under 16 non STH - £14

Directions & Parking:

Approx 90 miles - 2 hours

M1 north to J29 > A617 towards Chesterfield > A619 > A623 > A6 ......

As you approach Stockport you need to turn left on to the B5465 (Longshut Lane West). At the end of this road, turn right on to Shaw Heath. Take your 2nd left on to Booth Street, once you have gone over the railway bridge you will need to keep left and join Mercian Way. The ground should be visible at this point, and it can be reached by taking any of the first four streets on the left.

There is plenty of street parking available within a short walk of the ground.

Trains:

The suggested route is via Sheffield and a saver return is available at £35.60. There is slightly chaper advance purchase option available for £29 but I would ignore this route and go via Nottingham. The journey time is practically the same, but more importantly this is over £13 cheaper than the saver option above. You will need to buy a CDR from Leicester to Nottingham (£8) and a CDR from Nottingham to Stockport (£14.30) - Total £22.30 ... oh and you will also have the joys of my company if you get the trains below :icon_wink

One example of possible travelling times:

10.05 Leicester
10.34 Nottingham

10.42 Nottingham
12.24 Stockport

17.55 Stockport
19.29 Nottingham

20.07 Nottingham
20.34 Leicester

The station is a short 10 minute walk from the ground.

Pubs:

There are a few pubs on Castle Street which are recommended, The Sir Robert Peel, The Armoury and The Grapes. Alcohol is not served in the away section(s) of the ground.

I'm sure our resident beer expert, ok ok alcoholic Real Sharapova will be on in due course with details of where the London Branch will be residing for a few pre match drinks. :038:

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO ASSIST MEMBERS WITH QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE REGARDING THE GAME IN QUESTION. POSTS ARE WELCOME FROM MEMBERS WITH ANY FURTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE HELPFUL OR RELEVANT TO THIS GAME. ANY POST THAT IS OF 'GENERAL CHIT CHAT NATURE' WILL BE DELETED.

Last edited:
No trains on the direct line between Euston and Birmingham International on this date although there is an hourly service going all round the houses and through High Wycombe, taking about an hour longer than normal - change at International for trains to the north.

Anybody travelling up from London would be well-advised to make a booking as soon as possible. I will be travelling up on the Megabus and back on the train via Oxford, although NF did find a cheaper London-Stockport option via Nottingham - I declined it because even the Megabus is not as bad as a 2-car EMT cattle-truck.

People travelling from London could also find it cheaper to use Megatrain for part of the journey. It doesn't look like they've released the tickets for that date yet, but when they do there should be some tickets for £1 from London to Sheffield, and for the return journey from Nottingham or Derby (there will be no Megatrain tickets on suitable trains from Sheffield to London)

Any chance of the TV buggering up the date for this one (before we buy train tickets etc ) ?
Or the police (as per Posh away) ??

it is possible to get to Stockport from Nuneaton changing at Brum with advance tickets costing between £11.00 and £15.00 return. Handy for anyone Hinckley side of Leicester

Ticket prices, selling dates and fox travel details now added.

They are nice ticket prices...

But not unusual for this division.

They're cheaper than most, probably due to the lack of a roof, but some places will be charging £14 for away fans (standing), and covered seats are generally around £18.

Clubs in the south east will usually charge a couple of pounds more, but they will still seem cheap compared to our matchday prices.

Only if we have that many P1 cardholders... though seeing as quite a few folk have manager to get higher Priority cards than they are actually entitled to it wouldn't surprise me if some games don't get to Members day of sale.

i know what youre saying but my folks were 'upgrade' from P1 to P2, jim in ticket office did it without asking them :102:

The thing is, if we do get a match where the away allocation is shite and for example I would miss out on a ticket but people I know who definitely aren't entitled to P1 have got a ticket, I'd be rather pissed off.

Saying that, I'm quite sure I'd be ok!

The thing is, if we do get a match where the away allocation is shite and for example I would miss out on a ticket but people I know who definitely aren't entitled to P1 have got a ticket, I'd be rather pissed off.

Saying that, I'm quite sure I'd be ok!

i wouldn't worry, even with the smaller grounds the attendances in this league are so shocking i'd guess you'd be fine for all games. plus, similarly to myself i imagine plenty people will be attending less matches this year than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566