Stockport County - Sat 16th Aug 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is definately reserved seating now then?

I have purchased 3 tickets for friends but at seperate times. I was told by ticket office that we could sit anywhere.

If they have cocked this up then it's left me in a bit of a pickle!!

So this is definately reserved seating now then?

I have purchased 3 tickets for friends but at seperate times. I was told by ticket office that we could sit anywhere.

If they have cocked this up then it's left me in a bit of a pickle!!

I spoke to the ticket office on Tuesday night. They were originally told by Stockport that the seating is unreserved (and they have a letter, which I have seen, which proves it). When the ticket office found out that Stockport were telling people that the seating is reserved, there was a conversation between the two ticket offices - and at the end of that conversation, the understanding was that the original allocation (uncovered seats at the end) would be unreserved and the further allocation (covered seats at the side) would be reserved.

Who knows what will happen at the important time tomorrow afternoon! It is possible that it is a condition of Stockport's Safety Certificate that seating is reserved - and, although the agreement is that the end will be unreserved, it is possible that Stockport will decide that every must sit in the seat specified on their ticket.

Either way somebody will be disappointed. Unreserved seating is not an efficient system when the stand is going to be full and groups that arrive later will probably find that they can't sit together because the people who have arrived early have left 'personal space gaps' all over the place.

Last edited:
Piss up and brewery spring to mind....

Indeed - but it's Stockport who are at fault. I still can not feel sure that I know what they will actually do on the day.

It is utterly ridiculous to have unreserved seating when the stand is going to be full, unless there are stewards emloyed to make sure that fans use every available seat and do not leave gaps. This really means filling up from one end or from the middle outwards, which will not meet the approval of everybody.

I am forced to the conclusion that reserved seating is the only practical solution with a full stand.

Maybe Leicester should have told them that we would sell the allocation and unreserved seating would be ridiculous.

Now they have said unreserved i dont think it's going to matter what Stockport say when we get there, the amount of people who will turn up and just sit wherever will make it too difficult for them to do anything about it. Especially when all of the pissed up mongies rock up at 2.59!

Last edited:
Now they have said unreserved i dont think it's going to matter what Stockport say when we get there, the amount of people who will turn up and just sit wherever will make it too difficult for them to do anything about it. Especially when all of the pissed up mongies rock up at 2.59!

I think we're getting there at about 1:30 so we can piss on all the seats we're not using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566