Post Match Stoke 0 Leicester 5

No it doesn't. We were doing it perfectly effectively in pre-season.

Amongst a sea of complete and utter shite, maybe this is the most stupid of all. The way we are playing has clearly developed and improved from day one of the season - the way we utilise Hermansen in the build from the back, the improving technical control on the ball of Vestergaard and Faes, the slow but constant development of Ndidi into an attacking midfielder, the slowly changing role of the two wide men, the striker drawing back into the middle to make another attacking midfield player etc. etc. etc.

All of this has developed and improved game after game after game.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion on the type of football you want to see - that’s perfectly fine.
I totally disagree with you, but that certainly wouldn’t be the first time - but please don’t create what is really a rather silly storyline about the season that everyone can clearly see does not exist.

Everyone talks about the atmosphere at games but watching that clip was a million miles away from watching on television. I don't what's happened over the years but watching a game now sounds like the matches during covid. There used to be a time when you could really hear the crowd, I'm not just talking about Leicester games, it's every game on television, now there's just a slight background hum, rather like living a mile or so away from the M1. It sort of takes a bit of excitement away from the armchair viewer.

I’m thoroughly bored of both sides of this never-ending discussion.

I agree with you. But if you look back through this thread you'll see that there are about half a dozen sniping posts about fans on the 'other' side of the debate and nothing at all in response until cf asked a question which I tried to answer.

It is very one-sided for the most part. I have tried to engage on this properly because I want to explain why I've been critical at times, but it is obviously a waste of time.

This is getting so dull.

I do understand how football works. I know that sometimes a style of play takes a while. I know that retaining possession can draw opponents out of position or tire them out. I know all the arguments.

What I'm repeatedly trying to say is that we don't 'just' do this. In most of our games, we deliberately and intentionally kill time through utterly pointless and purposeless keeping the ball. It achieves exactly the same thing as teams that waste time through other means, like feigning injuries or taking forever to take set pieces. I believe that EM tells his team to use up time doing it. It's too often to be anything other than a deliberate ploy. He then pretends that it is part of some grand scheme.

We don't do it every game and we don't do it all the time. But we waste in inordinate amount of time in most of the home games doing it. And it makes those games really boring to watch.
Absolute drivel and twaddle. I used to think you were one of the more reasoned and sensible commentators on here.

I agree with you. But if you look back through this thread you'll see that there are about half a dozen sniping posts about fans on the 'other' side of the debate and nothing at all in response until cf asked a question which I tried to answer.

It is very one-sided for the most part. I have tried to engage on this properly because I want to explain why I've been critical at times, but it is obviously a waste of time.
I don’t particularly care where it starts and I’m not disputing what you say. I can see the “Boring” sarcastic posts appear as soon as we go a goal up, for example. I also see the posts that talk about how dull our games are. It’s just all really tedious.

Edit - And yes, I know it’s a forum for people to discuss things, but this is just death by repetition on both sides of the discussion. We know where everyone stands already.

I don’t particularly care where it starts and I’m not disputing what you say. I can see the “Boring” sarcastic posts appear as soon as we go a goal up, for example. I also see the posts that talk about how dull our games are. It’s just all really tedious.

Edit - And yes, I know it’s a forum for people to discuss things, but this is just death by repetition on both sides of the discussion. We know where everyone stands already.
Agreed. I’ll let it go now as I’m bored and that takes some achieving.

One thing did occur to me in relation to this and not wishing to stir anything up.

Society today has created a generation of people who require everything ‘now’ and are unwilling to wait or go through a process to get to the goal (pun intended).

Perhaps football is a reflection of this (across many grounds) with fans unwilling to be patient and enjoy the toil for the end product, all people want is the instant gratification?

As a total aside:-
Did anyone have the Stoke commentators on the stream they watched?

They referred to the Bet 365 as “ this famous old ground”

Whhhaaattt?

As a total aside:-
Did anyone have the Stoke commentators on the stream they watched?

They referred to the Bet 365 as “ this famous old ground”

Whhhaaattt?
Yes I did. They must have been pleased to have Glenn Whelan on there, as they ran through his football CV about every 10 minutes.

I think that the debate about atmosphere comes from the fans expectations. Most are thinking what the feck are we doing playing against this pile of poo. We should never have been here in the first place.

So, if you go to a match expecting to win, you are not going to be over excited when we do. The great atmospheres are created when we are not expected to win, but we do.

I will never forget Steve Walsh scoring in the last minute to draw against Arsenal. There is so much more excitement in that than there is in scoring the fifth goal in a 5 0 win.

I think that the debate about atmosphere comes from the fans expectations. Most are thinking what the feck are we doing playing against this pile of poo. We should never have been here in the first place.

So, if you go to a match expecting to win, you are not going to be over excited when we do. The great atmospheres are created when we are not expected to win, but we do.

I will never forget Steve Walsh scoring in the last minute to draw against Arsenal. There is so much more excitement in that than there is in scoring the fifth goal in a 5 0 win.
Ah yes, that game, the Bergkamp hat trick

BN and City Fan. I think you’re both cracking on here, you’re very welcome to your opinions and in the case of Brendan you saw that way before me. I’ve often enjoyed your points of view.

But seriously.

To find negativity and fault in this season is bananas. There’s no way any of us, aside perhaps Guillem Balage, expected this season to be so successful thus far.

The next challenge will come soon and with it much debate I’m sure, but you really need to enjoy this season and just get behind the plan and players because it’s working, no matter what anyone says, or thinks.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463