Post Match Sunderland 0 Leicester 1

Well at least we won.

Hope Wilf is ready to start again soon, and Ricardo isn't out for too long. The midfield is poor ATM.

That was nowhere near an ugly win.
That is the worst performance for many a year. And it looked deliberate to me.

It did look as if Sunderland being shite was the only thing that could stop us from achieving less than 3 points. Unless we deliberately booted it into our own net (or give away a pen....) it was easier to just win the ****er.

I think we’ve all been burned with the number of spectacular **** ups and collapses we’ve seen at City, I think we have a good sense for it and the comments on the forum tonight have been uniformly negative and self deprecating.

Personally I think I’m getting to that stage of cognitive dissonance a lot of fans have been experiencing this season where I can see us there at the top of the league where we’ve been almost since day one and yet it’s just not satisfying. If feels rare at the minute, particularly since Xmas, to come away from watching us and thinking ‘that was satisfying and fun to watch’

We all need to see City put on a bit of a show, and show some ruthlessness. A reminder of some of the talent in the squad. I personally loved that Bournemouth cup game because it was just a bit chaotic and different.

It feels like we’ve played with the handbrake on for so long now that car might be completely ****ed. Shot our bolt without really ever noticing.

Well, that was my first trip to Sunderland and my first away match of the season, so I enjoyed the occasion of it. Those were the friendliest stewards I've ever encountered at a football stadium. I was also very entertained by the man a few rows behind me who screamed at Hermansen every time his kicks went out of play.

But there's not a lot I can add to what popillius popillius and tedfoxxx tedfoxxx have said: it was 75 minutes of appalling football and Mavididi was very lightweight.

I was very excited after the goal because I assumed we'd keep playing with that attacking intent. Instead, I can honestly say that was the worst win I've ever seen. The result is wonderful but the performance was dreadful.

I’m a glass half full kind of person, but **** me we’ve been tired for a while bar the FA Cup game.

He’s earned my trust so far, I’ve been clear on that.

Will continue to trust him to get us over the line. If he fails from here to get us promoted, then serious questions need to be asked.

So far the gamble on hiring Enzo has paid off pretty spectacularly. If he can grind the results out to get us over the line, he’ll deserve a lot of credit.

A win on Saturday would go a long way.

We have a string of relatively winnable matches after the cup game.

Play shit and win. I'll take it.

It's crazy that after 36 games there are still four teams with at least two points per game (presuming Southampton win their next game). Has this ever happened before?

Probably the most depressing win I've ever watched. Sunderland are a pig awful side. Worse than QPR. We got an early goal...& then struggled for most of the rest of the game.

All just shows how much we depend on a handful of players to hit top form every week. Lets hope we get them all back & in some sort of form for the rest of the season.

& then sell almost ****ing everybody in the summer if we get promoted !

PS - I've seriously had enough of Nacho now. Just **** off son.

I don't care if he scores 10 goals from now til the end of the season, he'll be shit if we go up & unreliable if we don't. We've spent money on Cannon, so give him some ****ing game time to prove himself.

I'd be fine with it if someone else was playing amazingly & keeping him out, but they're not.

It's crazy that after 36 games there are still four teams with at least two points per game (presuming Southampton win their next game). Has this ever happened before?

It's also mad that 9 wins from our last 10 games (seems unlikely ATM) would still see us beat the Championship points record. 8 wins and a draw would equal it.

Feels a long way off what we're seeing on the pitch lately.

To add, the referee was terrible.
True - gave a free kick every time a Sunderland player fell over - then decided not to give one, or possibly two, penalties against us. Mind you, he performed better than half our players who, despite a conspicous lack of effort for 75 minutes, somehow managed to contrive a rather depressing win.

Went to the game last night as it’s local to me. The thing that really frustrated me in the 2nd half was the complete lack of movement when we had the ball at the back. This resulted in pointless passing between Coady/Faes and Winks which more often than not resulted in a loss of possession or a pass back to Mads which just brought on more pressure. Sunderland sensed this and it allowed/encouraged them to press higher and we lost control of the game. In the first half there were some good runs made by the front 5 but they were very rarely seen or risked in favour of a pass backwards.

Went to the game last night as it’s local to me. The thing that really frustrated me in the 2nd half was the complete lack of movement when we had the ball at the back. This resulted in pointless passing between Coady/Faes and Winks which more often than not resulted in a loss of possession or a pass back to Mads which just brought on more pressure. Sunderland sensed this and it allowed/encouraged them to press higher and we lost control of the game. In the first half there were some good runs made by the front 5 but they were very rarely seen or risked in favour of a pass backwards.
Yep, one of the biggest problem for me is that we still haven't worked out we need to actually ****ing move off the ball.

It almost looks like we think we are too good to have to do that sort of thing.

I think i mentioned earlier in the season that we were in danger of crawling up our own arse.

We'd just lost three in a row: I think the QPR defeat particularly knocked confidence. Did you really expect scintillating football? The win was vital, not just for the three points but to get some of that confidence back. I am sure that we can look for improved performances from now on...

We'd just lost three in a row: I think the QPR defeat particularly knocked confidence. Did you really expect scintillating football? The win was vital, not just for the three points but to get some of that confidence back. I am sure that we can look for improved performances from now on...
I expected a reaction after going a goal up seeing as that should have been a confidence boost the players apparently needed.

Instead we shrunk and nearly allowed the same thing to happen again.

They are top of the league and if a few defeats knocks them this badly then we really are in for a bit trouble next season if we go up.

Not sure tbh and it is the typical Leicester way. If memory serves me correct, we were relegated out of the Championship on the highest points achieved to go down, we then promoted out of League one with the highest points total to promote.
We promoted into the Prem and clawed back the biggest points total at Christmas to avoid relegation and then won the league with the smallest and least expensive squad. It is always a roller coaster ride hopefully we promote this year with a few weeks of the season to spare.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463