Post Match Sunderland 0 Leicester 1

We'd just lost three in a row: I think the QPR defeat particularly knocked confidence. Did you really expect scintillating football? The win was vital, not just for the three points but to get some of that confidence back. I am sure that we can look for improved performances from now on...
You're bonkers if you think that performance increased confidence by any amount whatsoever. I don't believe for one minute the players lacked confidence at all. This is a team that played the most superb football for 80 minutes against one of the best teams only 3 matches ago.

The confidence was certainly there for the first half of the first half. By the time the actual goal went in we could easily have been three up. Is it a form of over-confidence perhaps that, as we've all seen a few times now, we get one and then sitback only to then find 'it' can't be easily turned back on later in the match?

The confidence was certainly there for the first half of the first half. By the time the actual goal went in we could easily have been three up. Is it a form of over-confidence perhaps that, as we've all seen a few times now, we get one and then sitback only to then find 'it' can't be easily turned back on later in the match?
I don't think we sat back immediately. I think Sunderland did after the goal and that's what turned the tide. We then couldn't find the spaces we'd exploited for the first 10 minutes and got frustrated when they didn't press high. They almost never pressed Hermansen after we scored. The longer that went on the more frustrated we got and the more mistakes we made. Sunderland smelt blood after that and were first to every loose ball whilst we just made even more mistakes as panic set in. That's when we went backwards and they pushed up a little more without pressing really high.

It was a horrible, horrible performance and keeping Mavididi on didn't help us at all. Between him and Winks, we were gifting them chance after chance.

We must start moving the ball quicker and we must start to create more space if the opposition aren't giving it to us. Vardy's movement was excellent all night, unfortunately some of the rest of them looked like they only wanted to play in their own special square yard.

Ricardo is one of if not our most mobile player... we are really, really going ro miss him.

Fair to say the drop off from Ricardo to Hamza is a considerable one.

Can only hope it is offset by the return of Wilf.
Has there been anything saying how long he'll be out? We've also missed Vestypants, though a lot of Doyle's passing was great last night, so hopefully he ablity to pass it out will help mitigate for his loss too

Has there been anything saying how long he'll be out? We've also missed Vestypants, though a lot of Doyle's passing was great last night, so hopefully he ablity to pass it out will help mitigate for his loss too
A lot of his attempted passes were good. Many went astray. He's nothing like as effective as Vestergaard.

Coady would be extremely unfortunate to lose his place on Saturday.

He's played two matches recently, two clean sheets and two excellent 'leadership' style influences where we've had to tough it out. The fact that he constantly talks to his players throughout the matches is key.

I'd have him in the side over Vestergaard right now. Either that, or go with a back three of Coady, Vestergaard and Faes.

Coady would be extremely unfortunate to lose his place on Saturday.

He's played two matches recently, two clean sheets and two excellent 'leadership' style influences where we've had to tough it out. The fact that he constantly talks to his players throughout the matches is key.

I'd have him in the side over Vestergaard right now. Either that, or go with a back three of Coady, Vestergaard and Faes.
Well that's mental.

I don't care if it's Faes or Coady or both but Vestergaard has to play.

Well that's mental.

I don't care if it's Faes or Coady or both but Vestergaard has to play.
Just a bit, some people just can’t see what’s slapping them in the face. Vesty is arguably one of the first three names on the team sheet for me.

We've looked absolutely ****ing awful without Vestergaard, particularly in a "moving the ball" sense.

Our whole build from the back only really works when Vestergaard (and to an extent Ricardo) is there. When he isn’t there we are a complete ****ing mess

Not picking him would be plain stupid, which is why he will play

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463