Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

6 to go. 6 games in which to collect enough points to WIN THE LEAGUE. Wow, it felt good typing that.

Our last away game before consecutive home games against West Ham and Swansea.

Sunderland are on a draw streak and we play them before Spurs entertain Man Utd so a win for the Foxes would, I'm sure, deflate Spurs.

A ten point gap would be amazing.

Overall we are pretty even historically in terms of results but THIS season is different.

1.30pm Sunday game live on Sky.

Come on Citeh!!!

Same team! Another 1-0! COYF!

Team picks itself. Not going to be an easy game but from what I've seen of Sunderland they ain't great.

Anyone in Sydney pop down to Cheers on George St. Good Leicester crowd and atmosphere last Sunday, even when a storm knocked out the coverage and missed the goal.

Nervous for this one... Same for every game!

But Sunderland have a habit of getting results at this stage to clear their way to safety

Sunderland aren't great defensively but as with every team that we've played for the past few months they will stick lots of men behind the ball. This is another potential banana skin and arguably a pivotal game in the season with Spurs facing Man U right after. Would be nice to plant a little seed of doubt in their minds right before the match. The danger is obviously Defoe, who is still a Spurs loving bum boy and will likely have that extra edge to his performance because of that.

Same team , normal committed performance and that should be enough to get 3 points here,i suppose 0-1 is the obvious prediction so there it is ... Vardy to score

It's high time we played with more right backs in a 7-3-0 formation with a view to ensuring a 0-0. And failing.

Sunderland aren't as bad as their position suggests. They tend to finish games pretty strongly too, having outplayed teams like Man City in the second half. Feeling a slight blip so I'm going to go for a 1-1 draw.

Still think that will be enough to at least maintain the gap to second

We'll win against Sunderland and Swansea, draw against West Ham and Man United, Spurs will draw on Sunday and then win against Stoke and West Brom, only to draw 1-1 at Stamford Bridge on May 2nd giving me a good excuse to be absolutely plastered on a Monday. Simples.

Last edited:
We should go all out attack from the very start in the hope of gaining a 7-6 victory.

A couple of early goals for us and I think they will fold and save their energies for the Norwich game.

4-0 Leicester. Smith (2), Lynex, Lineker.

4-2 Leicester. Vardy, Mahrez (2), Albrighton.

No, much more exciting as we come back from 6-0 down to score 7 in the last 10 minutes.

Won't be easy this. Should be a banker on paper, but Fat Sam will have them well up for it.

They really do have to find wins though. They can't sit back and hope for a draw, this late in the year, at home. They'll have to be a bit open and try to find goals. Hopefully this plays into our hands.

Anthony Taylor is the ref and we've won all three of the games that he's reffed this season.

Anthony Taylor is the ref and we've won all three of the games that he's reffed this season.

All three of the League games - he also reffed the 4th round FA Cup replay against Tottering which we did not win.

He's been in charge of two of Sunderland's games - a home draw and an away defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669