Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three of the League games - he also reffed the 4th round FA Cup replay against Tottering which we did not win.

He's been in charge of two of Sunderland's games - a home draw and an away defeat.
Well, that's that sorted then.

All three of the League games - he also reffed the 4th round FA Cup replay against Tottering which we did not win.

He's been in charge of two of Sunderland's games - a home draw and an away defeat.

Who did we beat in the 3rd round? Must have missed that game.

There's more than one way to skin a skanky Cat, and i reckon the Foxes will find at least 3 ways. One of which will undoubtedly be a 30yard scorching free kick from a previously unknown part of Bob Huth's boot. (Serious face).

Who do you think from that team would get into the current team?

Only four of them. Flowers is better than Schmeichel. I'd pick Lennon, Izzet and Heskey over Albrighton, Drinkwater and Okazaki in a 4-3-3:

Flowers

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Lennon Kante Izzet

Mahrez Vardy Heskey

Purely on talent alone I would have Collymore but I doubt very much whether someone with his personality would fit in with the group here now. Shame really because he was a very, very good footballer.

Even though I grew up as a kid with that squad of players playing for us and absolutely idolised them, I think I'd only have Heskey in the starting 11.

Muzzy, Lennon & Elliott were all fantastic for us at the time but these players we have now are playing on a different level to those guys.

Flowers/Kasper would be a close call tbf but I honestly think Kasper is quite under-rated on here. If he was ever made available for transfer, most other PL teams would snap our arm have to have him!

Six games to go and we are safe from relegation. At the start of the season, I would have been delighted. We now have a chance of champions league qualification, whereas Sunderland have to fight for their lives. I fear that their desire and drive will be greater than ours. They have a team full of horrible fighters (Cattermole, Kaboul etc.), with the added quality of Defoe and Lens. 3-0 to the Mackems.

Curiously, if we win an Spurs and Arsenal also win - we are guaranteed a top 4 finish! It almost makes you want to root for our challengers ;)

er.... nah.

Curiously, if we win an Spurs and Arsenal also win - we are guaranteed a top 4 finish!

I was unconsciously listening to the TV earlier this evening when I heard somebody say, "a win for Leicester [against Sunderland] and if other results go their way, they could be one game from the title". Disbelievingly I shouted, "Oh ffs - don't be ridiculous!" at the set. But then I though about it.

Now 7 points ahead with 6 games left.

Win on Sunday with other results going our way - and we're 10 ahead with 5 to play.

Win the next game with other results going our way - and we're 13 ahead with 4 to play - can't be caught!

So it could be sorted in just two games. Of course it won't be - but it's brought it home to me how close we actually are.

I honestly think Kasper is quite under-rated on here. If he was ever made available for transfer, most other PL teams would snap our arm have to have him!

He is definitely under-rated on this forum and in a very negative way.

I have seen all our keepers in the modern era and only Banks and Shilton are better than Kasper.

A lot of our goals have come from his intelligent distribution. Yes, sometimes his kick outs to start our attacks don't work but most times they are very successful.

I've never understood why people are so quick to jump on his back.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Kasper would be easy to replace, and I am definitely someone who thinks he's a good keeper. However, Southampton (Forster) and Stoke (Butland) are not considered one of the big boys and they've managed to find excellent keepers, so there are obviously good options out there, if you look enough.

Could be worse, several years ago Man. City might have got rid of Hart instead of Schmeichel and we could have ended up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669