Suspected suicide bomber shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
What if.....
The policeman had let the suspect move, he detonates the trigger, a carriage load of people are killed.....
People would be shouting out, why didn't they shoot the suspect when they had a chance.

But that isn't what happened. We could all invent 'what if' scenarios, but it doesn't change what has actually happened nor does it really contribute anything to the debate.

We are not trained marksmen, we are not privvy to the info they were. It is a horrendous misfortune that an alledgely innocent man has been killed, however, lessons will be learned from this, both for the police and future terrorist suspects.

He wasn't alledgely [sic] innocent, he was innocent.
Just because we're not trained marksmen or privvy to the lack of information that they were doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on it.

I think it's time to move on....

'Move on' how? Stop talking about it? A dangerous way of thinking, or not thinking.

Steven

What if.....
The policeman had let the suspect move, he detonates the trigger, a carriage load of people are killed.....
People would be shouting out, why didn't they shoot the suspect when they had a chance.

We are not trained marksmen, we are not privvy to the info they were. It is a horrendous misfortune that an alledgely innocent man has been killed, however, lessons will be learned from this, both for the police and future terrorist suspects.

I think it's time to move on....

What until the next one? :102:

As for what if scenarios, they are no replacement for accurate risk assessment and clear judgement. On the day this guy was shot the Police had neither and fell back on what if scenarios. Look where that took them.

It must be clear to anyone that there has been systemic failure and systemic cover up surrounding the events by the protagonists and that does them no credit nor the rest of the Country.

H T B

What until the next one? :102:

Only time will tell.

Keep going on about this incident is doing nobody any good. As I typed earlier, lessons will be learned, and only time will tell how well they are learned.

Oh, and what if.....
...nah, won't bother!

Macky

Gruntled Member
Only time will tell.

Keep going on about this incident is doing nobody any good. As I typed earlier, lessons will be learned, and only time will tell how well they are learned.

It does do good in the sense that it shows that not all of the population are just sheeple, prepared to accept an innocent man being slaughtered due to their professional incompetence and then accepting their explanation without question.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should just wait and see if it happens again to find out if lessons have been learned?

H T B

It does do good in the sense that it shows that not all of the population are just sheeple, prepared to accept an innocent man being slaughtered due to their professional incompetence and then accepting their explanation without question.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should just wait and see if it happens again to find out if lessons have been learned?

Trouble with the written word, it doesn't come across the same as a face to face discussion.

Only time will tell!

I never want to see another incident like this ever again. If we don't, it would appear that lessons were learned.
If it does, but the outcome is a satisfactory one to all concerned, again, it would appear that lessons were learned.

Only time will tell!

highland fox

Trouble with the written word, it doesn't come across the same as a face to face discussion.

Only time will tell!

I never want to see another incident like this ever again. If we don't, it would appear that lessons were learned.
If it does, but the outcome is a satisfactory one to all concerned, again, it would appear that lessons were learned.
Only time will tell!

I doubt the death of an innocent man will ever result in a satisfactory outcome to any of his loved ones.Surely if an innocent man is shot dead again clearly lessons will have not been learnt:icon_conf

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I doubt the death of an innocent man will ever result in a satisfactory outcome to any of his loved ones.Surely if an innocent man is shot dead again clearly lessons will have not been learnt:icon_conf

You can be absolutely certain that at some time in the future another innocent man will be killed by the police. It will not mean that lessons haven't been learned from the de Menezes incident; only that mistakes can be made and that there are always more lessons to be learned.

Boy Genius

Banned
You can be absolutely certain that at some time in the future another innocent man will be killed by the police. It will not mean that lessons haven't been learned from the de Menezes incident; only that mistakes can be made and that there are always more lessons to be learned.

Lessons will not be learnt. ALL POLICE ARE THICK ****S!

MKFox

For once I'm with dibble on this.

Joe_Fox

One rule for them, another for the rest of us.

Real Sharapova

No one comes out of this very well, and I would include in that the bleeding heart campaigners who have attached themselves for their own purposes the the family of the dead man.

Last edited:

Singth

I hope there isn't another situation like this but more than that I hope there isn't a situation where the police legitimately have to take action but hesitate due to fear of all of this bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669