Swansea City 1-0 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our last 5 games, we have won 3, drew 1 and lost 1.

Including outplaying 2 play-off hopefuls, and our 1 loss also to a play-off hopeful.

I don't think we are leaving our decent form behind us at all.

Our last 5 games have seen us removed from the play off positions.

Stats are brilliant, the simple fact is the standards seem to be slipping and so is our league position.

Our last 5 games have seen us removed from the play off positions.

Stats are brilliant, the simple fact is the standards seem to be slipping and so is our league position.

not true at all, we were 7th by 1 point before those games.

We are now 7th on Goals Scored. So we have gained one point on everyone else.

Plus, we have lost a game to everyone else from postponements, meaning we are potential 4pts better off in terms of a play-off place than we were before it.

Standards are not slipping at all.

But then, you can prove anything with facts.

Last edited:
not true at all, we were 7th by 1 point before those games.

We are now 7th on Goals Scored. So we have gained one point on everyone else.

Plus, we have lost a game to everyone else from postponements, meaning we are potential 4pts better off in terms of a play-off place than we were before it.

I make that 2-1 to Rosso, come on Lako, get back in it!

Disappointing, but maybe it will show Meelan that we do need strengthening if we're to hold onto a playoff spot now that we've dropped out of it (wishful thinking!)

I think this team is good enough to challenge for the playoffs at least, even if we don't quite get there... and considering this is our first season back up, that is a good achievement. But, having been in the playoff places for almost the whole season until now, it will be a disappointment if we don't hold onto it.

If we don't strengthen this month, I think it is purely down to money. There is no way that Nige wouldn't want to strengthen the squad now if he could. He was adding players to the squad at this stage and beyond last season, despite us being top and looking fairly comfortable. Even if he DOES truly believe the team we've got is good enough to secure a playoff place, he'd be a fool not to try and strengthen to make sure of it (or even challenge for automatic) if he had the opportunity to.

It's all about the money. (the dum dum da da dum)

Last edited:
Deej got 2 goals from Derby today.

Turns out he can score! All he needs is for both opposition centre backs to be sent off! Shame we never realised that before ;)

When I say standards are slipping I don't just mean form, I mean performances.
Against Ipswich we were diabolical, no cutting edge and no creativity. We failed to take maximum points off a truely lackluster side.

The same applies against Bristol and Forest, truely gutless performances where we looked very very average at best. We had not really seen such performances in the previous half of all games played to date.

Im sticking my neck on the line and saying we are quite poor, lacking any real quality, the rest of the league may well be the same, but I don't care about them.

When I say standards are slipping I don't just mean form, I mean performances.
Against Ipswich we were diabolical, no cutting edge and no creativity. We failed to take maximum points off a truely lackluster side.

The same applies against Bristol and Forest, truely gutless performances where we looked very very average at best. We had not really seen such performances in the previous half of all games played to date.

Im sticking my neck on the line and saying we are quite poor, lacking any real quality, the rest of the league may well be the same, but I don't care about them.

I didn't go today, and I agree the performance vs Forest was poor, and the Bristol City game was a mistake by Pearson to change the side so much. Ipswich I don't have too many complaints as it was against one of the form sides in the division (something everyone seems to over-looked, they've lost like 1 in 10 or something ridiculous) who came to play all out defence for the point. Not to mention the weather was so ****ing freezing I have no idea how any players could play in that.

And yes, I think then you over-estimate the rest of the league. We are more than worthy of a play-off spot imo, and I am confident we will make them come the end of the season.

Deej got 2 goals from Derby today.

Turns out he can score! All he needs is for both opposition centre backs to be sent off! Shame we never realised that before ;)

Against a nine man bottom of the league side. Well done DJ!!

Wheels fell off, going down, Pearson out etc.

But yeah, on the positive side at least this will stop the fans moaning about needing 2 wingers as now we have played them and lost to a team we beat without playing them 2 weeks a go.
Paul Gallagher is NOT a winger. I can assure you. So we are still waiting on having two wingers playing at the same time from the off. Anyone seen Nicky Adams anywhere..........

The worrying thing is that Nige has seemingly insisted that this 'squad' is good enough to secure a play off birth. Whilst we have seen occasional bursts of quality we are struggling to retain consistency. We are still lacking in a number of areas. Right back, creative winger and m/f. Big man to take the load off Matty and score a few goals.
I love this club, but I completely agree with all of this

Paul Gallagher is NOT a winger. I can assure you. So we are still waiting on having two wingers playing at the same time from the off. Anyone seen Nicky Adams anywhere..........

I was going to point that out myself before I saw this post. Some people's logic appears to be: he's being played on the wing by Nigel, he must be a winger. That assumption is wrong though. At Plymouth, Stoke, and of course Blackburn, he was an out-and-out striker. He's played on the wing here because we have have so many strikers and Nigel probably thinks it would be unfair to only have two of them on at once.

Personally I'd still like to see N'Guessen and Dyer starting at the same time.

Well, that table means that if we keep playing like we are we will finish around 12th....

Plus we've got a few tough away games coming up.

I'm not saying anything about the current performances as I missed most of the recent games, but the stats show that over the last 8 games we haven't been play-off material.

Well, that table means that if we keep playing like we are we will finish around 12th....

Plus we've got a few tough away games coming up.

I'm not saying anything about the current performances as I missed most of the recent games, but the stats show that over the last 8 games we haven't been play-off material.

But over the last 5 games we have, and over the last 24 games we have too. Honestly, people seem to want to bend the stats to show the most defeatist attitude possible.

But over the last 5 games we have, and over the last 24 games we have too. Honestly, people seem to want to bend the stats to show the most defeatist attitude possible.

It's not about the stats, look past the stats and look at the utterly average performances recently, you might get a forsight into which direction we are currently heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669