Swansea City 1-0 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
But over the last 5 games we have, and over the last 24 games we have too. Honestly, people seem to want to bend the stats to show the most defeatist attitude possible.

To be fair, I wasn't bending any stats and I didn't really have any motive for posting the form table; just thought it was interesting!

I'm still very happy with the way the season is progressing, as most people probably are. Fans of nearly every team are going to moan about one thing or another, and think that the team that they would pick would win every game and create bountiful chances. Especially after a lacklustre loss.

I still don't think we have played well for any length of time all season, so whether that means we may soon hit form (ala Forest) and climb up the table, or whether we may soon not get the rub of the green and plummet towards mid-table medicrity only time will tell.

Take the top 3 teams away..the rest of the championship is a much of muchness.

Its not very often i leave the Walkers and say bloody hell we were good today.

Thats what sort of team we are,an ugly side that grinds results out.

I think that comes down to the personnel at the club,there are no stars, no Gary Mcalliser type players who can spray 40 yard passes around.

I think if Nigel had the funds and players we would play a different style.

Thats why we have to be patient and let him build a good side gradually.

Take the top 3 teams away..the rest of the championship is a much of muchness.

Its not very often i leave the Walkers and say bloody hell we were good today.

Thats what sort of team we are,an ugly side that grinds results out.

I think that comes down to the personnel at the club,there are no stars, no Gary Mcalliser type players who can spray 40 yard passes around.
I think if Nigel had the funds and players we would play a different style.

Thats why we have to be patient and let him build a good side gradually.

I think there are some very talented footballers at the club that are capable of that, I personally feel like our play is restricted by a lack of character and that Oakley isn't a great captain*.

*I of course have no idea of what he's like in the dressing room, he just looks very quiet and reserved on the pitch. I want someone that points and shouts a lot.

Last edited:
I think there are some very talented footballers at the club that are capable of that, I personally feel like our play is restricted by a lack of character and that Oakley isn't a great captain*.

*I of course have no idea of what he's like in the dressing room, he just looks very quiet and reserved on the pitch. I want someone that points and shouts a lot.

One problem we have, is that rather than bringing the ball out of defence,and building play we hoof it to the strikers and the attack finishes.

On Radio Leicester ,the Birch said he was standing near Nigel,and over heard him complimenting on how well Swansea passed the ball.

Now why dont we play like that..is it Nigels own tactics or does he not believe we have the right players to implement it.

On the other hand is it because our left back and right back is poor..Pearson adopts a more defensive/direct approach..as in keeping his midfielders to deep

I went to see the Posh v Derby game today. It was the DJ Campbell show. He scored two, was fouled for the penalty (the Posh defender was red carded). that led to the third goal and was the victim of a wild lunge by a defender which reduced Posh to 10 men. He was full of running and came across as a real team player. Why isn't he playing for us? He is a quality championship striker, and we only have Matty Fryatt that is up to this level. Is it poor management by NP - ie an inability to get the best out of a player. On today's performance, well done DJ!

Kerrea Gilbert played for Posh. A little suspect defensively, but was a useful outlet when going forward.

George Boyd looked good again. We could do with him to add some falir on the left, with Craig Mackail-Smith providing some much needed running and enthuisasm as well.

I was disappointed by some aspects of today's game, but it's not the end of the world. We still created chances, and should have put them away. From some of the things that I am reading on facebook, and on another forum, you would think that we were back to the relegation season. But the difference is that back then, we looked more clueless.

So was there some particular post of mine that was read out?

So was there some particular post of mine that was read out?

Yes, but I'm ****ed if I can remember which one!

They obviously chose one of yours because it sounded vaguely sensible and/or plausible :icon_wink

He's not playing for us cos he was a knob whilst here, and when he was at Blackpool was a knob in how he talked about the club.

I actually don't care if he is scoring goals for the sheep, they can have him.

Was disappointed with todays game, WHY were the defence lumping the ball up for Fryatt to win headers?? He doesn't do that ffs, surely it would've been more productive aiming them at Kermit, seeing as he can do quite well in the air. But they didn't. :icon_roll

Gallagher and our Dyer were both shit. Their Dyer ran rings around Morrison and then after he had been booked he moved over to terrorize McGivern and Brown-which he did with ease.

And I'm not being biased:icon_roll but I thought Oakley was our best player today, he seemed to be the only one tracking back, and putting tackles in. And pushing forward where he could. Not that he was helped at all by the ineffective muppets out on the wing.

NP got the tactics wrong today. I think he made a mistake taking Fryatt off and not changing Gallagher and Dyer as soon as possible(before halftime would've been nice ahem)

As poor as we were first half though, we should've gone in level, but Fryatt blazed over when he really should've done a lot better with the chance given him.
And second half I thought for the first 15 or so minutes, we got at the Swansea players and didn't let them settle, which made them start to panic. If we had carried that attitude on I think we could've got summat from the game, but they didn't and they allowed Swansea to take control again.

Saying that, Waghorn really shouldve done better with the pass played to him in the box, and N'Guessan could've got his effort on target, instead of it whizzing past everyone(though tbf if Howard had stuck his foot out it might well have connected and gone in)

So yeah, disappointed we didn't compete more against a side that really isn't any better than ours. Just one of those days.

Just uploading pics now so will post a link shortly.

I was disappointed by some aspects of today's game, but it's not the end of the world. We still created chances, and should have put them away. From some of the things that I am reading on facebook, and on another forum, you would think that we were back to the relegation season. But the difference is that back then, we looked more clueless.

It wasn't just them being clueless, it was obvious to us idiots going to watch them that there wasn't a 'team' attitude. All individuals playing for themselves not each other.

And I might get shot down in flames for this, but really-is Brown any better than Kisnorbo?? I mean, both are crap at distributing the ball!!

Strange un cos despite the tactical error in the first half, I thought we played well as an attacking unit second half. In fact, I am not that annoyed. It looks we're running out of steam and heading to a rightful position. My expectation of us has been lowered because it's quite evident we are have an average squad. The reasoning we are beginning to lump it is the lack of a real creative force capable of magic and the likes of Wellens and Gallacher have no confidence atm.

Hobbs was great today after the first 25. I like Swansea, good side, clever wingers and bar a cock of goalie, decent attitude.

And we've got some nobs as support. I was disappointed travelling around 380 miles for an average performance but if you feel the need to openly abuse our players, just don't bother going and working yourself up.

Yes their goalie....he was timewasting on the goals kicks all the way through the 2nd half, and the ref only decides to book him for it in the 95th minute?

Actually don't get me started on that ref, cos not making any excuses for our performance, but he was utter shite!

It wasn't just them being clueless, it was obvious to us idiots going to watch them that there wasn't a 'team' attitude. All individuals playing for themselves not each other.

And I might get shot down in flames for this, but really-is Brown any better than Kisnorbo?? I mean, both are crap at distributing the ball!!

The point is that some people are seemingly likening our current performances to the relegation season, and before. But it's nothing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669