Pre Match Swansea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
its pretty much the team that lost scored and won a league game for us, where Mahrez played off of Slimani against West Ham

We need to change the system. The players might not like the idea but we need 3 in midfield and they need to get used to that.

I'd go for

Schmeichel

Simpson
Benny/Wague
Huth
Chilwell

Mendy
King
Ndidi

Mahrez
Slimani
Vardy/Gray

Justifications (if needed):
- defence isn't working. We need someone with more pace at centre back. Could drop either Huth or Morgan really but Huth plays left and get the feeling Benny is more comfortable on the right. Not sure about Wague
- Chilwell is obvious. Experience next to him should help so also part of Huth getting the nod
- We need 3 in midfield. Ndidi and Mendy to break things up and help the defence. Ndidi more so.
- King gets his place because he's the only centre mid we've got that will get forward and we need that. And Drinky seems to have given up.
- Slimani needs to be our main striker now. Less defensive duties for Mahrez. Vardy on the left - he still works hard despite what many think, it just isn't working for him. But he can still be a threat and we need his pace/workrate. Also contributed to goals from there during the Great Escape.

Stick with it, our 4-4-2 has been sussed out and we're too weak defensively

Schmeichel

Simpson
Amartey
Huth
Chilwell

Gray
Mendy
N'Didi
Kaputska

Okazaki
Slimani

Subs: Zieler, Benalouane, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Musa

Schmichael

Simpson
Amartey
Huth
Chilwell

Albrighton
Ndidi
Mendy
Mahrez

Gray

Slimani

Subs
Morgan
Fuchs
Zeiler
King
Kaputska
Okazaki
Musa

Would drop the lot of the chief underperformers.. Ndidi + King in CM, Amartey + Benalouane in at CB. Simpson and Chilwell RB/LB. Albrighton and Gray in wide midfield and Mahrez + Slimani up front is probably the way to go.

Mahrez looked more like himself today for the first time in a long time.

Despite a positive performance from many of the 'fringe' players tonight, we will no doubt see Drinks, Vardy, Comedy Fuchs and co. back in for the Swansea game.

I thought Benalouane had a great game tonight. However I just think we need a bit more Premier League experience in central defence in such a crunch tie, hence I'd go with Huth and Amartey. I wouldn't have any complaints if he started Benny though.

Would drop the lot of the chief underperformers.. Ndidi + King in CM, Amartey + Benalouane in at CB. Simpson and Chilwell RB/LB. Albrighton and Gray in wide midfield and Mahrez + Slimani up front is probably the way to go.

Spot on.

Armartey must start on Sunday either RBor CB Benaloune should also start in place of Wes or Huth, maybe throw Wague straight in and drop both. Obviously Gray should start. If we play 3 central midfielders then it has to be Ndidi Mendy and King, Slimani in attack with Mahrez. Tonight may just have lifted spirits enough for a winning 1-2 result Slimani 2

If we play 4-3-3 it's
Schmeichel

Simpson
Benny
Huth
Chilwell

Amartey
Ndidi
Drinkwater

Gray
Slimani
Mahrez