Pre Match Swansea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kasper might have something to say about your goalkeeping choice, as he is only 30, and probably has his best years as a goalie still to come.

If he has any of his father's goalkeeping genes in him, Kasper will be looking forward to May 2023 , when at the age of 36, like his dad, he will be captaining his team to the treble of FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League trophies!

I dropped him because I think he's a knobhead and wouldn't be at all surprised if he is a dressing room troublemaker. His on-pitch responses to some of Ranieri's changes/decisions have disappointed me on a couple of occasions.

I could be wrong or at least misinterpreting stuff. But even if I have, he has grown a pair of tits which I feel justifies my binning him.

I dropped him because I think he's a knobhead and wouldn't be at all surprised if he is a dressing room troublemaker. His on-pitch responses to some of Ranieri's changes/decisions have disappointed me on a couple of occasions.

I could be wrong or at least misinterpreting stuff. But even if I have, he has grown a pair of tits which I feel justifies my binning him.
Wow.

Kasper's tits is one of these alternative facts methinks.

Problems all over the pitch, but we should drop Schmeichel

Priceless :038:

I want us to move towards chucking some of the established 'stars' out but recognise that we probably can't do that all in one go. I was thinking about this last night and think even what we might have, until recently at least, have called our second string would be strong enough to stay up and provide a sound foundation on which to build in the summer whilst we sell off the dickheads.

I'd go 4-3-3 and would like us to transition towards something like this:

GK: Zieler

RB: Amartey
LB: Chilwell
CB: Benalouane
CB: Wague (I'm assuming mobility here)

CM: Mendy
CM: Ndidi
CM: King

RW: Mahrez
LW: Gray
CF: Slimani

I think that's a pretty capable side. We ought now to be looking at adopting the Southampton model in the transfer market too. When players make stars of themselves here they will almost without exception want to move on to bigger things. Let them go and cash in. Develop our academy properly and combine that with a policy of signing young players who can give us something in their development before they sod off elsewhere.

So the same formation that was anihilated by Southampton then ?

Sounds like Vardy is sure to start. So more poor control and weak shots. he's even starting his sprints later these days. Please don't kill the buzz Vards.

Given that there are questions over Slimani's fitness then, yes, it looks like Vardy might start.

I'm not too concerned about that in truth. I think confidence might be a tad higher than previously, and we may feel Swansea is exactly the team we should be playing at the moment. I'm feeling ok about it myself. I wouldn't say confident, I'll wait for 30 minutes into the match before I go saying things like that!

First goal wins.

Nobody did their chances any harm against Derby, and I think Amarty, Chilwell, Bennalouane, King and especially Grey did enough to put themselves into real contention for a place in the first team. Problem is, they did 120 minutes mid-week so they may well not have enough in the tank for the Swansea game. I can only hope that the clear message that they are otherwise on borrowed time (and the nice mid-week rest) puts a bit of welly into Morgan, Simpson and Drinkwater. I think we've missed Okazaki nearly as much as Kante with regard to the pressing that gave Drinkwater and Mahrez the room to make the play, so I'd bring him back - since we'll need to go with Vardy due to Slimani's fitness this makes sense anyway, as they worked well as a partnership last season.

So, this weekend I'd go: Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Ndidi, Drinkwater, ; Okazaki, Vardy

4-4-2 and hopefully we stick with it for a while even if the result doesn't go our way. It worked fine for us last season.

A word on Mendy, I really haven't been that impressed with him. The effort is clearly there, the energy is there but it's like we've not really figured out what we want him to do or we don't know his strengths - despite the stats that prove his workrate he's nearly always totally anonymous. I feel like Ranieri really needs to take a look at him better and help him unlock his talent..

Wasn't he meant to be a good passer of the ball? I just can't really put my finger on what his role is meant to be exactly.

Th

The tits but was clearly tongue in cheek. I'd love tits like his. He is definitely carrying a few extra lbs though.

I do trust that the journalists on Football Weekly, who are well connected, are on to something when telling their listeners that he is a source of dressing room discontent though. His failure to back the manager when asked after the Man Utd game was also disappointing to me.

I don't see why people see Schmeichel as being immune from the criticism facing the outfield players to be honest. He is s good (but not great) goalkeeper and we have a goalie in Zieler who I am a fan of. There's nothing especially controversial in what I've said.

Somebody here has replied about "problems all over the pitch". Well Kasper is out there too and as a senior player shares in that responsibility. I want the players who I believe to be underperforming and/or displaying a poor attitude out of the team and then out of the club this summer. He ain't that great as to be indispensible.

So the same formation that was anihilated by Southampton then ?

The importance of formation is overblown. They're just starting positions. Style and movement within any framework are what makes a performance.

A 4-3-3 (I don't care which formation we play, in truth; a good one is flexible anyway) with players running, pressing and moving well off the ball is better than any formation where those things aren't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566