Swine Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
However surely it would only give immunity to this particualr strain of flu. You would still be able to get other strains.

Precisely.
The annual flu vaccine is made up of the most prevalent strains for that year.

People do die after getting it though or end up permanently ****ed up.

Matt_B

around 6000 according to the radio earlier.

I was trying to prove the same point as we are discussing earlier at work, the figures I found where "in the region of 38k dead and hundreds of thousands hospitalised each year" for the UK

Siouxsie

I've just sneezed. This could be the beginning of the end. :icon_cry:

Leesoh

Precisely.

I try and avoid having the flu jab, as it always makes me ill.

I have a mild flu type virus at the moment, I am hoping it's swine flu. The sooner I get it and get over it (the flu :icon_roll ) the better.

Cate Fox

That has got to be the most ridiculous idea I've heard... if they are going to take it to extremes we should all stop going to work and stay at home.

Joe_Fox

Precisely.

A mate at work was off work for about 4 weeks after the annual flu jab - is it worth it? It's a form of gambling.

newtonfox

That has got to be the most ridiculous idea I've heard... if they are going to take it to extremes we should all stop going to work and stay at home.

If they are thinking large amount of people in one place is not good then it mite affect work,football or anything where loads of people will be at thesame place.

Imo they are not telling us somthing maybe :102:

its been said that the kids mite get 4 extra weeks off ..........................

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
If they are thinking large amount of people in one place is not good then it mite affect work,football or anything where loads of people will be at thesame place.

Imo they are not telling us somthing maybe :102:

its been said that the kids mite get 4 extra weeks off ..........................

Ifs, mights and maybes!!

Did you actually read the whole of the statement from the Department for Children, Schools and Families, which you pointed us to earlier? You know - the bit that reads "We expect that schools and early-years and childcare settings will reopen as usual".

The situation is bad enough without the media and people like you trying to cause widespread panic. The fact is that this is only another type of influenza - a virus which leads to the deaths of a large number of people every year - but, more usually, without this ridiculous amount of drama and speculation.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Ifs, mights and maybes!!

Did you actually read the whole of the statement from the Department for Children, Schools and Families, which you pointed us to earlier? You know - the bit that reads "We expect that schools and early-years and childcare settings will reopen as usual".

The situation is bad enough without the media and people like you trying to cause widespread panic. The fact is that this is only another type of influenza - a virus which leads to the deaths of a large number of people every year - but, more usually, without this ridiculous amount of drama and speculation.

The amount of hysteria that is intentionally being whipped up is actually far more disturbing to me than the illness.
What's the agenda here? It's not as if there isn't anything else going on in the world for them to spout bullshit about.

Macky

Gruntled Member
A mate at work was off work for about 4 weeks after the annual flu jab - is it worth it? It's a form of gambling.

My doctor tries to get me to have it every year, but I flatly refuse.
I had it about 8 years ago and have never felt so ill in my life after it.

Siouxsie

The amount of hysteria that is intentionally being whipped up is actually far more disturbing to me than the illness.
What's the agenda here? It's not as if there isn't anything else going on in the world for them to spout bullshit about.

It diverts some of the attention away from events in Afghanistan / rising unemployment / corrupt politicians...

Anyway I've had a sore throat for about a week so I'll probably not be around much longer.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

I'm not sure that there is an agenda. I think it's just lazy reporting of the type that will appeal to people like Newton and Harbro.

MKFox

My doctor tries to get me to have it every year, but I flatly refuse.
I had it about 8 years ago and have never felt so ill in my life after it.
same here, load of old bollocks

fcukcov

It diverts some of the attention away from events in Afghanistan / rising unemployment / corrupt politicians...

Anyway I've had a sore throat for about a week so I'll probably not be around much longer.

I think thats exactly it. Its a way of taking the stupid peoples attention away from the shite that the government has us in. Watching france24 news (by far the best news channel on sky) even they were taking the piss out of the way the British government is handling the whole thing.

MKFox

hands like pat jennings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673