Swine Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you no longer get to see a doctor to get it confirmed properly everyone who is feeling ill in any way just seems to assume that's what they've got.

A friend's grand daughter was given Tamiflu and following a bad reaction to it was sent for tests.It now turns out she has a totally different virus (which is apparantly doing the rounds currently) and it's nothing to do with swine flu.

If we have a spell of hot sunny weather I suspect a lot of people will be self diagnosing with swine flu !

Because you no longer get to see a doctor to get it confirmed properly everyone who is feeling ill in any way just seems to assume that's what they've got.

A friend's grand daughter was given Tamiflu and following a bad reaction to it was sent for tests.It now turns out she has a totally different virus (which is apparantly doing the rounds currently) and it's nothing to do with swine flu.

If we have a spell of hot sunny weather I suspect a lot of people will be self diagnosing with swine flu !

I know I will :038:

I have a mother with several underlying health problems. Is it ok with everybody if I'm slightly worried?

Of course it is, it's only natural to be concerned if somebody close to you has health problems.
But you shouldn't limit or focus your worry to Swine flu.

Macky ,mate no i have not fell for anything i know its on the rise as mates kids are coming down with it plus other firends know poeple close by that have come down with the swine flu .

They've got a dose of the flu, same way people do every year. If you put the word 'swine' in front of it, all you're doing is making it sound scarier. But it is still just the flu.

The main worrie and yes it is a worrie is if it mutates (or how ever you spell it) then we could have a problem .

It has already mutated and will mutate again, and again, and again.
That's what a virus does.

I see GMTV were reporting from the town hall in Leicester this morning as it has had the highest reported number of cases in the country last week. :icon_eek:

I see GMTV were reporting from the town hall in Leicester this morning as it has had the highest reported number of cases in the country last week. :icon_eek:

That was just Newts ringing up every 5 seconds asking if the schools were going to stay shut :icon_wink

People are complaining that the advice they are being given on the phone line isn't good enough now. I can imagine the call:

"Hi I have swin flu"
"What are your symtpoms?"
"Symptoms? I just assumed I was dying from it because I felt tired"
"Sorry sir it doesn't sound like you have swine flu"
"Can I have some Tamiflu anyway, just in cases?"
"No sir. Goodbye"

No way!
It keeps the media created credit crunch off the front pages and gives our economy a chance to recover

not if everyone is scared to go out of their houses and therefore not to work etc :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669