Teacher in Sudan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? .

because it isn't?

it's the lack of belief

i suppose it's semantics and it's like arguing black isn't a colour

maybe black is a colour, maybe it isn't, but it certainly is different and the lack of all others makes it

Due to the controversy surrounding the bear called Mohamed in Sudan, Sooty has been forced to call off his planned tour of Jamaica.

Due to the controversy surrounding the bear called Mohamed in Sudan, Sooty has been forced to call off his planned tour of Jamaica.

According to the last census, the majority of Jamaican are Christians. What point were you trying to make :102:

because it isn't?

it's the lack of belief

i suppose it's semantics and it's like arguing black isn't a colour

maybe black is a colour, maybe it isn't, but it certainly is different and the lack of all others makes it

I think you are accepting a "Church" definition of Religion. :icon_wink

Imo they have done more damage to themselves rather than anything else over this non existent incident. 1st its cartoons then teddy bears, how on earth can people respect them when they are baying for executions over such innocuous trivialities. If the teacher had been condemning the prophet by ranting and raving then they would be much more justified in being upset and taking action. The teacher has been used as a propaganda pawn by extremists wanting to exploit every possible avenue in denouncing the western world.

i think the gang rapes, poor human rights records, slavery etc. also adds to people's poor opinion of them :icon_wink

I think you misunderstand the possible use of the term 'sooty'.

Aha!

I humbly apologise - I see it now. Now I see what you meant that has really creased me up :icon_bigg

No, I am not being facetious - I really did miss the point :023:

No I am serious. Why does any "religion" need a "God" and need a particular form to be a religion. I believe as fervently as any "God" squadder in the lack of any "God" and yet that is not a religion.

To my way of thinking it is religious intolerance and religious hate that denies me this opportunity.

By it's very nature a religion is belief in a God. If you don't believe there is a God but want your lack of belief to be called a religion then fine. I don't mind what you call it. You said you were an Atheist and if you want to call that a religion that's fine with me. But to say religious hate and intolerance are denying you that opportunity is nonsense. :018:

By it's very nature a religion is belief in a God.

by it's nature a belief in a god is a religion :)

as for the way you said it... i think you need a "usually" in there, religion can also be a thought system, a form of "treat others as you wish to be treated by them" philosophy in fact

you could argue Marxism was a religion and that was anti-gods

and as previously mentioned, Buddhism has no gods

by it's nature a belief in a god is a religion :)

as for the way you said it... i think you need a "usually" in there, religion can also be a thought system, a form of "treat others as you wish to be treated by them" philosophy in fact

you could argue Marxism was a religion and that was anti-gods

and as previously mentioned, Buddhism has no gods

True, Buddhism has no Gods as such and is a set of beliefs. There is a school of thought that Buddhism isn't a religion for that reason, it is a belief system. Similarly Marxism should not be considered a religion. In fact it's closer to being a political party. I guess it's a question of whether you want to call Buddhism a belief or a religion. Same goes for Atheism. You could, I guess, at a stretch say it's a religion, but a more apt description would be a belief. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669