TEAM SO FAR FORNEXT SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
People will always remember Goalkeepers mistakes and easily forget the good 'solid' type performances.I have no problem with Douglas,he's not great but we are Leicester City we aren't going to attract a World Class keeper.Still not convinced he'll be coming here though,if Celtic do release him then he will have options and not just us.

I think signing Douglas (if we do sign him) is a reality check for the club, for the past few seasons, we've always had the luxury of a very securing keeper, Poole, Keller, Flowers, and Walker had all been class keepers, but Douglas IMO is not in the same league as those mentioned above, and signifies that we are no longer able to attract keepers of that class. Shame, harsh, but it's a fact.

lcfcrules said:
highland fox said:
People will always remember Goalkeepers mistakes and easily forget the good 'solid' type performances.I have no problem with Douglas,he's not great but we are Leicester City we aren't going to attract a World Class keeper.Still not convinced he'll be coming here though,if Celtic do release him then he will have options and not just us.

I think signing Douglas (if we do sign him) is a reality check for the club, for the past few seasons, we've always had the luxury of a very securing keeper, Poole, Keller, Flowers, and Walker had all been class keepers, but Douglas IMO is not in the same league as those mentioned above, and signifies that we are no longer able to attract keepers of that class. Shame, harsh, but it's a fact.

I for one did not rate Keller. :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
lcfcrules said:
highland fox said:

I for one did not rate Keller. :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I never thought he was as good as Flowers or Walker, nonetheless, he still played a part in the most successful seasons in the club's history.

that darren kenton remindes me of FRANKIE SINCLAIR,
he was proper shite against plymouth and really dogie!!

we_8_cov said:
that darren kenton remindes me of FRANKIE SINCLAIR,
he was proper shite against plymouth and really dogie!!

Kenton reminds me of Frankie too. That said, for most of his career Frankie was a very good defender for both Chelski and City. If Kenton is like Frankie in his younger days then that is no bad thing. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

frank sinclair was a legend.......................................NOT
HE SCORED ABOUT 5 OWN GOALS
LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CL will bring in at least 4 players before next season. Why not wait to see who's here before deciding formations??? :?

we_8_cov said:
frank sinclair was a legend.......................................NOT
HE SCORED ABOUT 5 OWN GOALS
LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most defenders score own goals, granted not from the halfway line. Frank was a legend and all of the current defenders have a long way to go before they get near Frank in my book. He was a brilliant defender just not too good at passing dribbling or crossing, good enough for us though and a key part of the MON glory days. Nothing anyone says will change my opinion on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669