Thanks Claudio but cheerio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. He stays. He has earned the right to relegate us.

He has earned the right to finish us in 17th position.

He hasn't earned the right to relegate us.

Of course he needs to go.

And he needs to go because he hasn't been doing, isn't doing, and shows no signs of doing any of the things listed by BN.

It might be understandable that he's blinded by loyalty to the core players who helped him achieve the impossible last season. But we can't carry on with a man in charge who deems Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, and Vardy as undroppable. We need a complete shake-up from top to bottom and Ranieri had shown zero indication that he is capable of, or even inclined to do so.

There is no footballing reason why he should keep his job.

If the lack of desire is 'in the players heads', I cannot see how changing the manager will help.

The whole team ran through brick walls for Ranieri last season. I cannot believe he has 'lost the dressing room'.

Maybe we need a 'Cambiasso moment' to get all our ducks back in a row again.

There is an obvious replacement for Ranieri out there. Roberto Mancini is ideal for our club. He's got a reputation for being a strong disciplinarian who shakes up big characters and demands total obedience in following his orders.

He also did a brilliant job turning a rich club full of under-performing players into a winning club (Man City).

He'd fall out with several of our squad and replace a load of them. It's just what's needed.

However, given what we've got and where we are, Ranieri is the only man that can sort it out over the next three or four months. Depending on how we survive (if we do), I'd consider the change in the summer. If we go down, he'll quit anyway.

We're in a relegation battle. So what?! In ordinary circumstances this is a position we'd be happy to be in. Last season was unbelievable - something that should never have happened and will probably never happen again (at least not in my lifetime). We are probably about where we should be and above where most of us are used to being.

I agree we have to battle - and that wasn't evident today and the manager will have to address that. But why are people assuming that Claudio is any worse at doing that than someone else will be? I'm confident we'll stay up and frankly I don't think changing the manager would make a blind bit of difference. Last season has made the city managers job an almost impossible task for anyone - including Claudio.

But like it's so often said - it's a game of opinions and whatever will be will be. I'm genuinely still enjoying the ride.

I would incline to agree with you reference last season, but this season is so shockingly bad and littered with performances as bad as today's that whoever was the manager would be under pressure, there is no fine margins this season, on most occasions our defeats have been resounding, there is a complete lack of desire, whilst the football on offer is turgid lacking any intensity or style. We look rudderless and clueless.

If we sack Ranieri then we have no right as fans to ever expect loyalty from anyone else. If he'd left for another team in the summer, when his stock was high, we'd have berated him for being disloyal and probably called him a ****. It has to work both ways. We aren't relegated, not that it's the end of the world if we were.
Considering how many fans moan about short sightedness and lack of loyalty from players/managers nowadays, they sure don't dish it out.

Well I think he has earned the right to be here as the manager of this team until he is done. If that results in relegation so be it. That is my opinion. You don't have to agree. I am a big grown up man now. I don't need validation.

Well I think he has earned the right to be here as the manager of this team until he is done. If that results in relegation so be it. That is my opinion. You don't have to agree. I am a big grown up man now. I don't need validation.

I respect your opinion.

As wrong as it is ;)

There is an obvious replacement for Ranieri out there. Roberto Mancini is ideal for our club. He's got a reputation for being a strong disciplinarian who shakes up big characters and demands total obedience in following his orders.

He also did a brilliant job turning a rich club full of under-performing players into a winning club (Man City).

He'd fall out with several of our squad and replace a load of them. It's just what's needed.

However, given what we've got and where we are, Ranieri is the only man that can sort it out over the next three or four months. Depending on how we survive (if we do), I'd consider the change in the summer. If we go down, he'll quit anyway.

I like the idea of bringing Mancini in, especially with his small Leicester connection. Arguably it would also be better to get rid of Ranieri now than have him leave next season when we have been relegated.

1) There's no reason why he'd want to come here to manage us. I mean, he might but that's a pretty big supposition on which to remove Ranieri.
2) He had SOME success at Manchester City but after spending millions and millions, some, (a lot of Manchester City fans) may suggest that he also had huge failures.

Isn't it a bit damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

He's held his hand up to mistakes in formation against Chelsea and Southampton, and we'd all agree with that I'm sure. Yet, as has been pointed out, we'd hardly been performing in a supposedly preferred formation - so he HAD to change something. He did and it's worse. Now he's acknowledged that he maybe has to go back to what they know and get them performing in that shape.

I think he's now publicly accepted what many here have been saying. And, note, I said "publicly", that's not to say he wasn't thinking it, just not saying it. I would never expect him to slag the players in public. I don't think any decent manager should ever do that - and CR wouldn't do it anyway.

Maybe he's expecting too much of the players. Maybe he thinks they're better footballers than they are, or believe themselves to be. Whatever the case, he has a motivation job on his hands now. He's going to have to find a way of making what he's got work, and I think that's when we'll find out how good a manager he really is.

Talk of dismissing him now is premature. I think we've got a little room for manoeuvre (given that there are, fortunately and somewhat unbelievably, at least 3 teams in a worse position than us. I think he's got to change the vibe in the dressing room; whether that means dropping Drinkwater, Fuchs and Vardy, I don't know... but he has to turn it around somehow. He's given it long enough and it's time to get busy.

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

He's held his hand up to mistakes in formation against Chelsea and Southampton, and we'd all agree with that I'm sure. Yet, as has been pointed out, we'd hardly been performing in a supposedly preferred formation - so he HAD to change something. He did and it's worse. Now he's acknowledged that he maybe has to go back to what they know and get them performing in that shape.

I think he's now publicly accepted what many here have been saying. And, note, I said "publicly", that's not to say he wasn't thinking it, just not saying it. I would never expect him to slag the players in public. I don't think any decent manager should ever do that - and CR wouldn't do it anyway.

Maybe he's expecting too much of the players. Maybe he thinks they're better footballers than they are, or believe themselves to be. Whatever the case, he has a motivation job on his hands now. He's going to have to find a way of making what he's got work, and I think that's when we'll find out how good a manager he really is.

Talk of dismissing him now is premature. I think we've got a little room for manoeuvre (given that there are, fortunately and somewhat unbelievably, at least 3 teams in a worse position that us. I think he's got to change the vibe in the dressing room; whether that means dropping Drinkwater, Fuchs and Vardy, I don't know... but he has to turn it around somehow. He's given it long enough and it's time to get busy.

Good post

The owners have a massive problem largely of their own making.

They have next to zero experience, knowledge or understanding of what it takes to run a successful football club, granted they've got most of the commercial decisions near enough right but they're insistence in having a closed board places huge reliance upon Rudkin and Andrew Neville to support the coaching team, advise the board but also kick backsides when required on the playing side of things.

Neither rudkin or neville have impressed me over the years and i blame rudkin almost in equal measure to claudio in allowing us to set up and approach this season in the way the club has.

Back to the thread - Claudio should probably stay, not because his performance is anywhere close to acceptable since we lifted the trophy but due to a lack of obvious candidates out there.

So we won the league last season despite the best efforts of Rudkin and Neville to **** it all up?

If the sports science team have got the fitness, performance and training issues sorted as last year, surely the rest is down to the manager to sort the team's heads and motivation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566