Thanks Claudio but cheerio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither rudkin or neville have impressed me over the years and i blame rudkin almost in equal measure to claudio in allowing us to set up and approach this season in the way the club has.

What planet are you on? Neither have impressed you? Neither you or I or anyone on here has the first clue what they do.

I love the bloke. He's our best manager ever. Selection of players like Fuchs is bordering on match fixing for me though....if he starts the same shit players in our next game and rotates the lesser offenders as usual then he should go.

The problem is not crap players or a crap manager. It is simply players who, having achieved so much, are not motivated because nothing will ever be as good again. It's an understandable reaction but one we have to tackle head on.

I will not support the sacking of Claudio. It would not solve the problem.

If he did go Mancini would be awesome

What the **** am I reading? Ranieri is going nowhere and rightly so.

Ignore last season. If we were 5 points clear of the drop zone any normal time at this stage, most of us would take it.

Ranieri hasn't got everything right this season, but I think it's more down to the players than him.

Things need to get better, but it seems worse because of the heights we reached last season.

Definitely not time to be sacking Ranieri! Crazy talk.

The problem is not crap players or a crap manager. It is simply players who, having achieved so much, are not motivated because nothing will ever be as good again. It's an understandable reaction but one we have to tackle head on.

I will not support the sacking of Claudio. It would not solve the problem.

If he did go Mancini would be awesome

If you exclude his persistence in allowing Fuchs, Drinky, Vardy and the clowns at the back to play week in week out then fair nuff. Sadly it may need someone new to allow players who want to be here play.

Thank god other are starting to see that Claidio is clueless. Get rid and lats get someone in that has some idea.

Ignore last season. If we were 5 points clear of the drop zone any normal time at this stage, most of us would take it.

At a push, I'd be prepared to ignore last season as a one off, never to be repeated, event. I don't agree that it's that simple, but never mind.

However, why do you apply '17th or better' expectations to a squad that are paid top eight Premier League money, a club that pay out top eight Premier League transfer fees, and a team that are top eight in terms of income/wealth?

Our players, management and owners have deliberately pushed this club into a world where 17th is a miserable failure and 18th is a complete disaster. Now that we can pay players more, and outbid most other Premier League clubs, we have to raise our expectations.

You'd have a very good point at any previous point in our history, but we're not that club right now.

The problem is when he's picked some of the others they've been even worse.

I don't think Musa is anywhere near Vardy's quality but would pick him as he actually tries. The likes of Swansea and Sunderland could move above us on effort with no ability. There's enough players in other positions where you could make similar comparisons to Vardy/Musa. Gray in for Mahrez, Junior Lewis for Drinkwater or Me for Morgan to name a few.

It's a tricky one, isn't it?

Last season Ranieri said he was leaving the players to play as they were doing. He was leaving the style as it was. He wanted to change things slowly. It worked, we played like we did at the end of the great escape and the form continued and we smashed the shit of everyone. Champions.

This season, we've changed approach, we are meek, incipid and waiting to get beat, especially away from home. We aren't playing with the same intensity and we aren't starting games with the same mentality as last season. In fact, you might say we are setting up in quite an Italian way at the minute. The changes haven't worked Claudio and the players are not responding, at all.

There's a number of possible reasons but at the minute it's the managers job to get the best out of these players and know his best team and formation. He clearly doesn't. The continued selection of Fuchs this season suggests to me Ranieri is way off, the guys been a liability and in Chilwell we have someone who's rarely puts a foot wrong. Fuchs gets the nod though. Misplaced loyalty which can be seen time and again, defending players who have been utter shite and needed calling out.

We all know the business in the summer was miles off the mark, it was a golden opportunity to attract some real talent to the club and we blew it, big style. The players we brought in may come good in the end but it remains to be seen and we needed premier league experienced players. We were fishing in the wrong pool. We should have been looking to take proven premier league players off teams we may not have been able to in the last. Opportunity missed but probably not entirely Ranieri fault.

Ranieri needs to earn his coin pretty quickly, like within the next 3 games. 5 points required.

At a push, I'd be prepared to ignore last season as a one off, never to be repeated, event. I don't agree that it's that simple, but never mind.

However, why do you apply '17th or better' expectations to a squad that are paid top eight Premier League money, a club that pay out top eight Premier League transfer fees, and a team that are top eight in terms of income/wealth?

Our players, management and owners have deliberately pushed this club into a world where 17th is a miserable failure and 18th is a complete disaster. Now that we can pay players more, and outbid most other Premier League clubs, we have to raise our expectations.

You'd have a very good point at any previous point in our history, but we're not that club right now.
Spot on. The club have budgeted for a top 10 finish. 17 is a ****ing disaster on those expectations.

Of course he shouldn't go.

He isn't the reason that we're playing badly. His formations are not the reason we're playing badly.

Too many players sat back on their laurels after last season, haven't put the work in, are enjoying their increased salary and celebrity and simply don't have the will to put the necessary work in during games (and I suppose training). CR cannot replace them all because we simply don't have the players to do it and I'm sure he really believes that they'll come round.

I can't think of one player from last season's team that this doesn't apply to.

Maybe Kasper, maybe Huth.

The only players to put in the required effort this season are players who were fringe squad players or in other teams last season.

If you exclude his persistence in allowing Fuchs, Drinky, Vardy and the clowns at the back to play week in week out then fair nuff. Sadly it may need someone new to allow players who want to be here play.

Well he's started the replacement of Fuchs with Chilwell which will probably become permanent. Drinky was our best player through the first dozen games but does need a rest or time to settle with his new partner (s). Vardy - I'm with you don't understand it. He's been taking the piss all season and we have a number of players to replace him with. Maybe if Slim hadn't gotten injured after getting in the team he'd be in instead. Not sure though.

The problem with your argument is that it can't be separated. We are paying top 8 money (apparently) because of last season. If it hadn't happened we wouldn't be. We aren't paying it because we have top 8 quality players (in general) but as a reward (rightly so) for last season.

The problem with your argument is that it can't be separated. We are paying top 8 money (apparently) because of last season. If it hadn't happened we wouldn't be. We aren't paying it because we have top 8 quality players (in general) but as a reward (rightly so) for last season.
Why do you say 'rightly so'?

The BMW was a reward, 5-year contracts are not. We extended their contracts and gave them a wage rise because we believed in their ability and they have let us down. If you see long-term contracts as rewards, they are surely not unconditional.

Why do you say 'rightly so'?
I belive the players deserved rewarding with new contracts. They brought in a huge amount of money to the club based on their performances, I believe they deserve a part of that. I don't expect everyone to agree, but I had and continue to have no issue with what they're paid.

The BMW was a reward, 5-year contracts are not. We extended their contracts and gave them a wage rise because we believed in their ability and they have let us down. If you see long-term contracts as rewards, they are surely not unconditional.
They have let us down. It doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566