Thanks Claudio but cheerio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that last season we were brilliant and fearless, even though we mostly had 40% possession in games. As we played on the counter attack we got away with it.
This season we are so slow and our passing is largely pathetic. Players are lazy and are frightened to risk anything.
Opposition teams still have a majority of possession still, but we just give the ball away and can't make use of it.

Thank god other are starting to see that Claidio is clueless. Get rid and lats get someone in that has some idea.

You were saying that last season. It wasn't quite as crap as you predicted, if I remember correctly.

You were saying that last season. It wasn't quite as crap as you predicted, if I remember correctly.
The ingenious part of using a static analysis for a changing reality is that sooner or later something might fit your narrative for a brief moment

Rumours abound that the players don't want to play for Ranieri, beginning of the end if true.

Nope. He stays. He has earned the right to relegate us.
Relegation is still avoidable, it's the insipid pathetic performances on the pitch most weeks that annoy most supporters.

Reactions: FIF
Rumours abound that the players don't want to play for Ranieri, beginning of the end if true.

Same thing as happened with Chelsea last season under Mourinho. The players got the hump with the manager and downed tools. Who can claim that our players haven't done the same thing? The evidence is getting overwhelming.

After a bit of a fuss, Chelsea fans appear to love all these players once again. Will we do the same?

The common factor in both squads is player power. Some very strong characters who can come together to be winners or disrupt the whole place.

The owners will know the truth. It is up to them to intervene to back either the manager or the players. Either way is dangerous, but not as dangerous as doing nothing.

Same thing as happened with Chelsea last season under Mourinho. The players got the hump with the manager and downed tools. Who can claim that our players haven't done the same thing? The evidence is getting overwhelming.

After a bit of a fuss, Chelsea fans appear to love all these players once again. Will we do the same?

The common factor in both squads is player power. Some very strong characters who can come together to be winners or disrupt the whole place.

The owners will know the truth. It is up to them to intervene to back either the manager or the players. Either way is dangerous, but not as dangerous as doing nothing.
Further rumour that the owners will meet this week to discuss what to do.

I've yet to see any truth in this. Sounds like the type of thing a disgruntled fan says and others copy.

Why would that be the case? He just took them to the Prem title and Europe. Sounds utter bollocks to me.

If it's not then the players ought to hang up their boots and retire.

Confirmed rumours perhaps? But it really ought surprise no one if they are meeting to discuss the situation. I would guess discussions are pretty much always happening to discuss progress etc. Nothing to see here, move alone please!

Just reading around, it does sound as though there are some who are starting to PANIC!!! And Ulloa's agent is, um, 'advocating for his client' shall we say. That's not overly helpful at this point in time - seemingly saying some pretty shitty stuff about CR.

It's pretty obvious some don't want to play. Possibly for Ranieri or possibly for the club. The fact they can't be arsed to even pretend to care is what ****s me off.

Does not make any sense. This team has won the Premier League. None of the players were superstars before. All achieved something amazing way beyond what their hard working but relatively modest abilities should have allowed.

Ranieri protected them and kept the pressure off them. Why would they suddenly turn on him? Does not make any sense.

Yes half of them got much bigger contracts, but they were already on substantial money, up to £1million+. Now they just have retirement nest eggs as well.

In which case, the said players should be told to feck off

Great in theory. But paying off several players is much more expensive than paying off one manager. Hence why Chelsea sacked Mourinho rather than Costa, Hazard et al.

Great in theory. But paying off several players is much more expensive than paying off one manager. Hence why Chelsea sacked Mourinho rather than Costa, Hazard et al.

Feck off as in "feck off moaning, you underperforming bunch of arsewipes. Claudio is staying so feckin' get on with it"

But then there's no guarantee they'll want to play for anyone else. Some players are playing so badly I'm not convinced it's just about the manager. Vardy and Drinkwater should still have a sale value, less so Fuchs and Morgan. Wouldn't bankrupt us to look down that route IMO.

Ranieri protected them and kept the pressure off them. Why would they suddenly turn on him? Does not make any sense.

You're right, it doesn't add up. I can appreciate that players might have some concerns about latest tinkerings but that doesn't equate to mutiny. They're pros and have been very used, I'm sure, to having to play in different ways over the course of their careers.

My suspicion (because, in honesty, we can't possibly know from the outside) is that players, manager and staff alike are all as dumbfounded as us as to why it's happening. I don't accept for a moment that the players have decided to take it easy and take the pay cheques. That they aren't giving as much as last season, sure that's there to be seen, but as to WHY...

That's why I say to give CR time to turn it around. He tried his formation changes, that didn't work and, fair does, he has accepted that. Now he has to start getting into the player's heads (maybe only some key players too) and re-energise them. Whether he does that by dropping players, bringing in new faces (and let's face it, he's not blessed with options - we don't have a 'top 6' quality squad) or by talking, I don't know. That's why he's a manager and I'm not. Suffice it to say that I've not reached the end of my patience with him yet.

Last edited:
I was one of a handful who voted that Claudio would be a failure when TB ran a poll in July 2015. Happy to be one of another handful who backs him 100% now. As our Trentside correspondent puts it so succinctly - "Are you ****ing serious?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566