The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

No way we'll sell in my opinion, they'd have to offer big money if they wanted him and bigger wages than he's on now, which I'm not sure they will do. He seems to be happy here and hopefully he wouldn't want to leave after less than a season, he's been one of our standout players so far this season and I'm sure Pearson and the board will do all they can to keep hold of him.

If they dangle £3-£4m in front of our owners then we have no idea what will happen. Given their outlay, it wouldn't surprise me at all for them to accept and look to claw some 'easy money' back.

And none of know how happy he is here; he probably expected to be playing Premier League football next season.

Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

If they dangle £3-£4m in front of our owners then we have no idea what will happen. Given their outlay, it wouldn't surprise me at all for them to accept and look to claw some 'easy money' back.

And none of know how happy he is here; he probably expected to be playing Premier League football next season.

If they wanted to save money I don't think bidding on Sharp and Stewart was a good idea.

John Percy says we've already made an approach for Fleetwood Town's Jamie Vardy. I don't even know what to say.

I'm a bit concerned that it's 16th January and we've not brought anyone in yet...

It doesn't sound like we're close either. Knocked back by Sharp and by Hull for Stewart... other than that, no strong links?

Considering we need probably four good players to drag this team up, it's going to take a bit of work. Could be a busy last two weeks of the month with comings and goings at the club. Let's hope so.

Admittedly, from memory, when Pearson was here before a lot of the players came in out of the blue, so hopefully that can happen again.

Last edited:

John Percy says we've already made an approach for Fleetwood Town's Jamie Vardy. I don't even know what to say.

750k bid, I just read on Twitter.

not surprised at all, that we have yet to bring players and also that aside from Sharp, Vardy and Stewart there has been little in the way of strong links with permanent signings. Pearson admitted prior to the opening of the transfer window that he felt this was always a difficult Market to operate and traditionally there was little value in this winter transfer window. If Pearson believes a player is of real value then in the case of sharp he will bid, however I think the majority of business will revolve around the loan Market and that is likely to step up this week as the premiership clubs start to reduce squads and offset players after new acquisitions. I expect Pearson to do his real business in the summer

not surprised at all, that we have yet to bring players and also that aside from Sharp, Vardy and Stewart there has been little in the way of strong links with permanent signings. Pearson admitted prior to the opening of the transfer window that he felt this was always a difficult Market to operate and traditionally there was little value in this winter transfer window. If Pearson believes a player is of real value then in the case of sharp he will bid, however I think the majority of business will revolve around the loan Market and that is likely to step up this week as the premiership clubs start to reduce squads and offset players after new acquisitions. I expect Pearson to do his real business in the summer

I don't expect him to be here in the Summer.

Fraizer Campbell has just returned from injury and could do with games to get match fit... I think it might be worth giving O'Neill a call and seeing if we can get him on loan - he certainly knows where the net is in this division. He'd be good competition for Beckford and Nugent for sure.

I knew his uncle, reg.

West Ham were linked with him a couple of weeks ago.

It is almost like Kingy is commenting on a player that he knows nothing about, surely he wouldn't do that?

It is almost like Kingy is commenting on a player that he knows nothing about, surely he wouldn't do that?

I always have reservations about players that have to make a significant leap in terms of class of opposition. £750k for a 25 year old non league player is a huge punt.

Last edited:

No. No. No.
You’re wrong I’m afraid. I do know something about him.
  • He’s 25.
  • He has never played at a higher level than the fifth tier of English football.
  • He has had a fantastic season this year with almost a goal to game ratio.

But tell me. If we cannot get a EPL player to perform. What makes you think we could get a non league player to ?

Will 1 goal every game against part timers equate to a goal every 2 against much higher quality that we so badly need?

Will 1 goal every game against part timers equate to a goal every 2 against much higher quality that we so badly need?

Ah, that old chestnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670