Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2012/13 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the press at the time though seemed to think it was a result of Spurs failing to sign a striker rather than Norwich doing so.

Harry Kane certainly seems like a Pearson kind of loan. Would be pleased to see another striker come in.

Doesn't surprise me at all as I believe he was close to joining us in the summer before Norwich came in for him too. Only started one league game for Norwich this year so hardly been the development both he and Spurs would have been expecting.

Nige probably feels like the fans in that our back up front line aren't offering us anything at the minute given his reluctance to change things up there on Tuesday so wouldn't surprise me at all even though I would rather a central midfield player come in instead.

Last edited:
Wish we had signed Trotter when we were linked with him.

Don't know a great deal about Kane, but he can't be much worse than the strikers we have. We have bags of strikers on the books, few of them useful:

Beckford, Waghorn, Vardy, Funcats, Hooper, Wood, Nugent.

Need to airlift at least two of them out and bundle the resources into a better player. Strikers are like developers, one good one is 10x more useful than a shedload of average ones.

Bert reckons Vardy could be going out on loan in his place, so it sounds like a good one from our perspective.

Bert reckons Vardy could be going out on loan in his place, so it sounds like a good one from our perspective.

See if we can arrange a swap deal with Spurs :)

Well seeing as it's been snowing recently this can be lumped in here.

Just had a news alert e-mail saying West Brom are preparing to bid for Ben Marshall. Supposedly had scouts watching him last month and were impressed so must have been the Blackburn match.

http://www.givemefootball.com/335049-west-bromwich-albion-to-bid-for-leicester-city-ace
�*

He can go after his performance against Ipswich, not seen a player look that disinterested since DJ was playing for us!

I would say he's young and looked a great player last season, but this year his attitude seems to stink and his performances could not even be described as average.

If the money is good enough I would sell him. But of course if West Brom have been watching him as suggested, they certainly will not be bidding.

He can go after his performance against Ipswich, not seen a player look that disinterested since DJ was playing for us!

I'd hope that we do keep him but I do agree that for the most of this year, he has looked like the most uninterested footballer I have ever seen, let alone just for us!

Saying that though, he was a breath of fresh air for us after he signed so I would hope we can get him playing to that level again and definitely worth the risk in keeping unless we really need the money as he would be one of our more saleable assets.

I would say he's young and looked a great player last season, but this year his attitude seems to stink and his performances could not even be described as average.

If the money is good enough I would sell him. But of course if West Brom have been watching him as suggested, they certainly will not be bidding.

Maybe other teams see the ability he had last season and work on the principle that Leicester have coached it out of him but it's still there with the right handling. The amount of players that go backwards when they sign for us is incredible imo.

Last edited:
Or maybe he's just hit a bad patch of form.

He's a player we should be looking to keep hold of for me. Could we do much better at this level? I doubt it. He's had a poor season by his standards but he's still the same player that was well liked here last season and at Sheffield Wednesday.

Or maybe he's just hit a bad patch of form.

He's a player we should be looking to keep hold of for me. Could we do much better at this level? I doubt it. He's had a poor season by his standards but he's still the same player that was well liked here last season and at Sheffield Wednesday.

I cannot recall him being in form this season?

Pearson has handled him strangely, dropping him when he had a good game and constantly playing him when he was struggling.

I cannot recall him being in form this season?

Pearson has handled him strangely, dropping him when he had a good game and constantly playing him when he was struggling.

He's had a poor season and hasn't played every game but he is still our top assister and not far off the top of the league.

More than worthy of a place in our squad for next year irrespective of divisional status and given the fact Premiership teams are eyeing him up, it shows the raw ability that he does posses but we need to get more of it out of him.

Selling him unless we really need the money or we get £5+ million for him would be a ridiculously bad call.

Former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins is in line to take over at Leicester should under-fire boss Nigel Pearson lose his job at the Foxes. (Daily Mirror)

Former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins is in line to take over at Leicester should under-fire boss Nigel Pearson lose his job at the Foxes. (Daily Mirror)

I love Adkins' approach to the game: Exciting, attractive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566