The Blame Game!

Who do you blame for league one football?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many people were praising him though when he signed players like howard-easy to slag him off in hindsight-how was he meant to know how crap howard would be !

Hindsight is 20-20 as they say, but in hindsight Howard looks like a desperation buy that obviously didn't come off

how many people were praising him though when he signed players like howard-easy to slag him off in hindsight-how was he meant to know how crap howard would be !

He's a Manager he supposed to be able to motivate and get the best out of players

how was he meant to know how crap howard would be !

We can all sign a good player, but getting the best out of him is the Manager's job.

In fairness a lot of us were probably thinking that Howard could do a good job for us.

Where Holloway completely fcuked up was not in signing him, but in sticking with the useless cnut once he had proven just how shite he really was.

I still believe that Howard has the potential to be a quality player in this league. I no that most people dont agree. I think with the right manager he would have done more. Not saying he shouldnt be blamed because he should but he has more ability than he has showed.

In fairness a lot of us were probably thinking that Howard could do a good job for us.

Where Holloway completely fcuked up was not in signing him, but in sticking with the useless cnut once he had proven just how shite he really was.
No, where Holloway fcuked up was not just highlighted in Howard, but in also Clemence, Oakley and a few others who he just couldn't/can't motivate.

The two main functions of a manager are:

1. Good judgement in signing players

2. Motivating his players to play to their potential.

Holloway actually asked us to judge him on his signings.

We must have the least motivated players in the league. Now I'm not saying that it would have been easy to have motivated that bunch of w-nkers, but Holloway clearly couldn't and has to go.

I blame the fans for booing Carl Cort.......

I also blame Elvis - if it wasn't for his fecked ankle, he would have scored 20+ goals and we would have reached the playoffs......

I still believe that Howard has the potential to be a quality player in this league. I no that most people dont agree. I think with the right manager he would have done more. Not saying he shouldnt be blamed because he should but he has more ability than he has showed.

Tend to agree and with the right Manager I think he could score a lot of goals for us next season..if he is still here

I voted other, because I think it's a combination of all the above plus Martin Allen, Don Mackay, Rob Kelly, Craig Levein, Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Dennis W***, etc. Might as well throw that cnut Roy Keane in as well for recalling Fulop.

But the team's performace and results since Holloway took over have been nothing short of shocking. So he's top of a the list, followed by our favourite American-Serb dictator....

Sigh. What a load of bollocks!

are you a mental!!

those that chanted IH were getting behind the club. The players would have responded to that much more than boos and what have ya.

I've nothing against fans cheering for Leicester city, chanting Blue army etc, I've nothing against fans backing players, but when it became totally obvious that Hollowbrain was out of his depth, some fans still backed him. Why boo the team off at the end of a game when the responsibility lies with the manager. Why weren't those fans having a dig at Hollowbrain instead ? Why hasn't there been chants of ''Hollowbrain out'' ?

How we can't unanimously see whose the fault is, bottom line, I think is due to absolutely nonsense. This is all at the feet of the head honcho people, Mr Mandaric.

I've nothing against fans cheering for Leicester city, chanting Blue army etc, I've nothing against fans backing players, but when it became totally obvious that Hollowbrain was out of his depth, some fans still backed him. Why boo the team off at the end of a game when the responsibility lies with the manager. Why weren't those fans having a dig at Hollowbrain instead ? Why hasn't there been chants of ''Hollowbrain out'' ?

Agree.

Very lucky man

although holloway's tactics were utter shit and choice of players was terrible, i chose MM as he's ****ed around with too many managers, changed the stability of the club and in my eyes, he is responsible for this mess this season, but i do believe he'll change it around next season

At the end of the day none of the players have performed for any of the managers.

therefore i blame the players.

each manager has had his part to play and obviously MM.

Ian Holloway and the idiot brainless moronic fans that made it nigh on impossible for Milan to sack him are to blame.
On about 70 minutes today I noticed the dimwits actually stop singing "Ollie's Army" and actually start shouting abuse at him.

I can't believe it's taken all season, but it's happened. Ollie, you have now lost the stupid fans too. The completely mega ****ing stupid planks who are barely alive will still follow you, but they struggle with everyday matters anyway.

Totally agree.

After the backlash of getting rid of Allen, MM listened to the fans. (well the daft ones)

Two chats made me squirm. 'were the greastest team the world has ever seen!' and 'Ollies Army'

Every 'Ollies Army' was another nail in our coffin.

Holloway set his stall out during his press introduction ' call me Ollie' and has played his 'cult' with the fans ever since

Last edited by a moderator:
are you a mental!!

those that chanted IH were getting behind the club. The players would have responded to that much more than boos and what have ya.

No Scarby you are mental.

You get behind the club by chanting for the club and players, not a toss pot of a manager. You can still get behind the club and team without mentioning the manager!
The fans didn't chant for Megson like they have done with Coco did they?

I would guess most fans (inc me) would of been pleased with the signing of Howard, but knew little of him.

19 goals+ helped get Derby promoted.

Holloway said 'He is the best striker in this division'

Massive lack of judgement or as with all other players (Stearman and Henderson aside) has gone backwards under his management

No Scarby you are mental.

You get behind the club by chanting for the club and players, not a toss pot of a manager. You can still get behind the club and team without mentioning the manager!
The fans didn't chant for Megson like they have done with Coco did they?

i dont know about Megson as i couldnt make any games from Torquay.

you get behind the team which ever way you can.

IMO the 'ollies army' chant gets the crowd going and offers support for the players. It doesnt matter what it is, as long as the crowd is on there side.

Yes you can chant without mentioning the manager but i dont see those that do should be singled out for abuse because he has had a poor run of results and got us relegated.

would you rather a completely silent stadium or an atmopsheric 'ollies army' chant going throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566