Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We "could" be signing Bamba now he is a free agent in the laziest piece of reporting in a while on the TalkSport rumours site.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/21/leicester-city-eye-move-for-portugal-striker-hugo-almeida-4841460/?

Leicester are believed to be considering a move for free agent Hugo Almeida.

Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is looking to bolster his squad with experienced heads before the transfer window closes at the end of the month, and Almeida has become the latest name in the frame for a move to the King Power Stadium.

Leicester are already believed to be closing on a deal for 34-year-old Esteban Cambiasso, while the Argentine’s compatriot Pablo Alvarez has also been linked with the Premier League new-boys.

And today the Daily Mail are reporting the Foxes’ interest in Portuguese striker Almeida.

The 30-year-old has already held talks with West Ham, while Leicester could also face competition from Sunderland and Hull.

Almeida is available on a free transfer after his contract with Turkish side Besiktas expired earlier in the summer.

I realise this could have gone in the Fanni thread but I wanted to make a general point as well.

They have had a look at Fanni and Nigel has decided he is not for Leicester City. Good. Too many Leicester managers have signed too many unsuitable players over the last ten years.

As for Mr Deeney it might be good for the forum to have Homer posting about Troy. Nevertheless I do not think we need another striker. As best we can tell after one game Ulloa looks worth his place. I would play Vardy alongside him and if one of them is injured there is Nugent, Wood and Taylor Fletcher in reserve.

I would rather we spent the money on quality defenders with a good attitude. Presumably Mr Fanni fell short in one of these regards

André Ayew

According to British media Swansea and Leicester traded by André Ayew. If hard to stick up Bielsa and O. Marseille

I can't find a proper link, but this is mentioned on the Sky Sports website:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9435551/saturday-paper-talk

Maybe he's 'plan b' for Cambiasso.

Sounds an interesting option: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/31/world-cup-2014-chile-marcelo-diaz

Additional factors: He plays for Paulo Sousa who is known to have maintained a relationship with the owners. Steve Walsh came back from a Euro scouting trip this week (see Guardian article) and Diaz played 90 mins for Basel on Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570