Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today, it's clear why we want a CB. Morgan on his way out ultimately and Benkovic not really close to the required level yet. Not much chance of buying him tho' if Dortmund have had a £10m offer greater than ours knocked back...

I’ve never heard of him. But £25m for someone who’s only made 17 appearances in a proper league is crazy money.

Manchester United will offer England midfielder Jesse Lingard, 27, plus £45m to Leicester for their England midfielder James Maddison, 23. (Sunday Mirror)

Lingard couldn't get into our team when we were in the Championship.

He's just as bad now as he was then.

Since he first got into their team he's averaged less than three goals a season in the league. And two assists a season.
But he did somehow make Pardew look an even bigger twat than he is in an FA cup final....

So Man Utd offering a package worth £25m then....

I will say, completely unrelated, that Lingard is a better player than he's shown under Ole. He's not the right player for us, but he gets more stick than he deserves. Imagine trying to thrive at that club at the moment.

I will say, completely unrelated, that Lingard is a better player than he's shown under Ole. He's not the right player for us, but he gets more stick than he deserves. Imagine trying to thrive at that club at the moment.
I’m struggling to picture hime on a football pitch to be honest. Fair ****s to the guy but he’s stealing a living.

Interesting times. Utd offering a world cup england international plus £45m for one of our players. Mental...
I think we should get Che Adam's in as a 3rd or 4th back up. Reckon hed do a job...

You just wait til you google his clothing brand “JLINGZ”
Oh no.... no no no no no no no. What the **** is that?!

He has a celebration? Funny I’ve never seen that before. Football has jumped the shark when a player’s goal celebration is used in a marketing campaign more than it gets used on a football pitch.

I'd go one step further and say that if I was offered Lingard free of charge to add to our squad, I'd turn it down.

He'd offer no more technically than someone like Albrighton but come with an ego and a wage demand that would be destructive. I wouldn't touch him with a narrowboat pole.

Demiral looks ideal and I think we should try again (for the fourth window in a row) for Ziyech.

Ziyech was seemingly our first choice to replace Mahrez and I think he'd be perfect for us now. With Ajax out of the Champions League and us hurtling towards it, he may see us as a better move now.

That would spend the Maguire money beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566