Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Well I’ll be really disappointed to see Barnes leave, more so than Maddison despite the latter clearly being a better player. He came through the ranks, did his time on loan and at times have been a very good PL player who I’ve really enjoyed watching when on form. clearly had his flaws but our coaching staff not exactly known to be the best at developing players in recent seasons.

Shame he can’t do a Muzzy and stay with us to help us back, but don’t blame him for moving to a CL clubs

Dunno how I feel about 35M for Barnes. I think I'd like to see it bumped but, tbh, maybe that's about all we can expect.

I've never been a total Barnes convert tbh. He does what he does, when he does and does it better than anyone else we have. So by that measure alone you'd kinda want to keep him. I do think a decent defender will always have his number though (Barnes doesn't have too many tricks) and he doesn't really defend too well, so when he's not having a good day then we're kinda a man short.

So maybe 35 is, for the sake of argument, there or there arounds. Take the dosh, lose his salary, and ré-invest. We won't get someone with his potential for sure but we might get someone that's enough for us and a little more consistent.

I had to endure sitting (or rather standing) through them at the tail end of their relevance. V festival in 99.
I had a friend who was a huge fan but she had nobody to go with. I wasn't interested either as there was almost nobody on that I wanted to see. But she guilt tripped me by saying that she'd be 7 & a half months pregnant by the time the gig happened & she wouldn't be able to go unless she had someone to look after her.
So there I stood, for an hour & a quarter, watching this shite with my arms wrapped around a pregnant woman fom behind protecting the bump from a jostling crowd.

Far too nice a bloke for my own good me :-/

Meanwhile all I could think about was that James Brown was on the other stage & I'd much rather have seen that.
I saw them in 1992. Wasn’t that fussed about them but I was at Reading and they were on, so we went to watch for a bit, before we gave up and went for another beer.

Should add that they were between The Farm and Ride, two bands I really liked, so it was a bit frustrating waiting for them to finish.

Dunno how I feel about 35M for Barnes. I think I'd like to see it bumped but, tbh, maybe that's about all we can expect.

I've never been a total Barnes convert tbh. He does what he does, when he does and does it better than anyone else we have. So by that measure alone you'd kinda want to keep him. I do think a decent defender will always have his number though (Barnes doesn't have too many tricks) and he doesn't really defend too well, so when he's not having a good day then we're kinda a man short.

So maybe 35 is, for the sake of argument, there or there arounds. Take the dosh, lose his salary, and ré-invest. We won't get someone with his potential for sure but we might get someone that's enough for us and a little more consistent.
Agree. He is perhaps a luxury we can’t afford for next season, we will miss his goals though if they are not replaced.

Then again though if Vardy steps up he could easily get 20 goals.

We need more grafters than crafters this season so although I rate him, perhaps now is the right time for him to go.

Christ I hate Manic Street Preachers.

Barnes can gladly **** off to Newcastle. Plastic club for a weird, plastic, fair weather player.

I was just making the point that everything must go. I couldn’t think of other songs on point.

I was just making the point that everything must go. I couldn’t think of other songs on point.
I know hun I wasn’t having a go at you x

Looking at Barnes' numbers over the last 2 or 3 years, £35m is an absolute ****ing steal; we shouldn't even entertain that offer. However, if he chooses to play for that bunch of utter ****ing mercenary ****s then he's a complete wankstain who's dead to me.

Oh, and I love the Manics so there you bunch of rotten fishflaps.

Looking at Barnes' numbers over the last 2 or 3 years, £35m is an absolute ****ing steal; we shouldn't even entertain that offer. However, if he chooses to play for that bunch of utter ****ing mercenary ****s then he's a complete wankstain who's dead to me.

Oh, and I love the Manics so there you bunch of rotten fishflaps.
He's not in the last year of his contract, he's at a perfect age, he'd be invaluable in this league for us. Do we need to sell him for such a low fee? I saw £25m being thrown around as a price tag. I get that we have to sell, but I'd rather Castagne leave.

Somebody said I was living on a cloud or something to that effect. But I just don't get why we can't keep Barnes unless a respectable offer comes in (assuming we don't NEED to sell him).

I take into account the fact that 8 players have gone massively reducing the wage bill, and that we've sold one asset already. Are we just resigned to losing anybody else if they want to leave?

Are we just resigned to losing anybody else if they want to leave?
We should be. The least the club can learn from last season is the folly of keeping players at a club against their will. No room for passengers, especially on the wages they are on.

That said, I’d hope we drive a harder bargain for Barnes, who I suspect would be pretty much fine with staying at the club another year.

Apparently Newcastle scum “preparing” a £25 million bid for Barnes.

They on ****ing drugs or summat?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664