Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Mendy and Amartey, I haven't got a scooby what'll happen to. Dan to Celtic or maybe Besiktas, and Papy to Al-Wehda has been mentioned. But I'm presuming we have no interest in resigning either.

Wait until the last week of August where we end up paying clubs to take our players. That'll be loads of fun.
Would be better served doing it now.

I suppose Maresca is picking the bones out these next couple of weeks to see if he can salvage any of the deadwood.

Praet, Castagne, Ndidi and Nacho should all have markets though. Faes too, in theory.

We maybe have a 3 from 5 list, in an order of preference. I can't see that some (Praet, Castagne) even want to stay so they'd top that list but we may end up flogging someone (e.g. Faes) just because we kinda have to, whilst hanging on to somewhere we'd prefer to shift. It's a balancing act I reckon but I don't see an end of window clearance sale. I reckon Castagne would be gone now if we were that much up shit creek.

Clubs are aware the we want to sell these players. If they hold off until late in the window and potentially get them for less, that’s good business by them.

Not everything is the result of inactivity or mismanagement on our side.

It's gone pretty quiet on transfers hasn't it? (If you ignore that Evertonofbollocks link)

Especially on inbound rumours...

Maybe we need to get more players out now before we can get more in.

Maybe we need to get more players out now before we can get more in.
I don't think so. We've the numbers out just on contracts expiring, and a bit of cash left from Maddison. I reckon we'll see another in, maybe a couple, before another goes. If there's an issue then it's wages. Which kinda gives the Vardy story some credence (though it is bollocks imho)

Edit: and if I were Everton, I wouldn't sign Vardy. He's through and through Leicester, he'd simply be taking a pay cheque anywhere else.

(split infinitives can **** off)

Last edited:
I can't see Vardy leaving Leicester, he will stay one last season score a bagful of goals as the mighty Foxes rip the league up winning the title with record points, then he will retire an absolute legend so much so the "Boss's" statue will be pulled down and replaced with a can of red bull in honour of Vardy.....

Tbf, it started going downhill into deep blue mongie territory not long after the first comma.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663