Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

True, just seems a lot when Everton had the option to buy him for £4.5m.
Our deal is probably structured to pay over a longer period as we have tighter financial constraints.

Wouldn't surprise me if we are paying next to nothing this season, with the promise of more in the future.

So what happens if we get promoted next season ? We have signed two players that aren't good enough.
We should only sign premier league standard players, because that’s the league we’re not in.

In fact **** it, we should only sign champions league standard players, because that’s where we want to be.

We are financially ****ed. Not every player is desperate to play for Leicester.

Read with caution. This story is only being covered by news sources that have not been evaluated for good reporting practices by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform
You mean like the Mercury?

It looks like we’re going to be signing better players than we have for the past two summer transfer windows, when we were in the Premier League. Bizarre.

True, just seems a lot when Everton had the option to buy him for £4.5m.
Everton also, presumably, paid his wages for a full season and may have paid Wolves a loan fee. So their actual outlay on him would have been much more than the quoted £4.5m transfer fee.

Calls amongst members on here for the club to buy a couple of experienced tougher players for this division and then start complaining when they do just that. Winks was a fairly good Premier League player, a bit limited but he will be very good in the Championship. Coady should have been bought in last year before he went to Everton, he is a good solid defender and leader, I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing the captain's armband next season.

This is all assuming that they come of course.

With all the complaints and with 5 weeks before the start of the season and not being in the Prem, who exactly wants to come to Leicester!
We won't be promoted, they are not good enough, too much paid. I reckon some would find a way to complain regardless of who we signed.

I've seen Winks play numerous times & i can't remember anything about him or how he plays so that says something I guess. happy enough with Coady though. Solid, unspectacular defender & still only 30. Hopefully the right type to kick some of the ****ing handbags we might still have cluttering up the dressing room at the start of the season. He's a bit of a bastard & that'll do for me.

Says the Danny Ward apologist.
I'm pretty sure you've no idea what the word 'apologist' means.

And what relevance that would have to a completely different player and their attributes is also a mystery only the streets could solve.

Other than that, barnstorming contribution as normal.

Horses for courses. Last time we got promoted we had the likes of Matt James, Liam Moore, Dean Hammond, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Anthony Knockaert, a 57 year old Kev Phillips….

I’m feeling quite positive about these players, especially Coady. I think he’s exactly what we need.

Horses for courses. Last time we got promoted we had the likes of Matt James, Liam Moore, Dean Hammond, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Anthony Knockaert, a 57 year old Kev Phillips….

I’m feeling quite positive about these players, especially Coady. I think he’s exactly what we need.

Yep. Get them 2 in, that 1 from Swansea and we've nearly got a decent 5 a side team. Loads more business needs to be done.

We should only sign premier league standard players, because that’s the league we’re not in.

In fact **** it, we should only sign champions league standard players, because that’s where we want to be.

We are financially ****ed. Not every player is desperate to play for Leicester.
It's not what I mean and you know it.

Why sign players that are coming towards the end of their careers and will not get better, players that are not good enough for the premier league a league that Leicester want to be in next season. Coady will be good in the championship but Winks I doubt is good enough for league 1

How about we sign some players that are younger that will improve and grow into premier league players, I would rather Leicester brought a 19 year old that I'd never heard of for £10 million than one that is 27 and already proved he's not good enough for the level we want to be at or the league we are currently in.

We signed champions League players and that didn't work out very well so we should do what we did before with the likes of Vardy, James , Drinkwater, Mahrez, Kasper

I'm pretty sure you've no idea what the word 'apologist' means.

And what relevance that would have to a completely different player and their attributes is also a mystery only the streets could solve.

Other than that, barnstorming contribution as normal.

I love you best when you turn into a cornered rattlesnake.

It's not what I mean and you know it.

Why sign players that are coming towards the end of their careers and will not get better, players that are not good enough for the premier league a league that Leicester want to be in next season. Coady will be good in the championship but Winks I doubt is good enough for league 1

How about we sign some players that are younger that will improve and grow into premier league players, I would rather Leicester brought a 19 year old that I'd never heard of for £10 million than one that is 27 and already proved he's not good enough for the level we want to be at or the league we are currently in.

We signed champions League players and that didn't work out very well so we should do what we did before with the likes of Vardy, James , Drinkwater, Mahrez, Kasper
How about we give any new players a chance before we write them off?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463