The "I'm leaving on a Jet Plane" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size of the bag (56cm x 45cm x 25cm), is set by the Dept of Transport, not the airline.

Ryanair bag size is smaller than that, though. Deliberately done, no doubt, to catch out those who buy bags at the standard size.

I've never felt Ryanair is that picky with the hand luggage size. If you can squeeze your bag into that little box, and you usually can, then you're ok.

Just seems to vary. I've seen them get really arsey - both in East Midlands and Spain.

Just seems to vary. I've seen them get really arsey - both in East Midlands and Spain.

I agree with Swede. I've flown with them 4 times this year already, and have another 4 flights booked in the next 6 weeks. The bag I take everytime is bigger than the dimensions on the ticket, but it does fit in the baggage frame thing they have by the departure gate.

In the 20 or so flights i've made with them over the last 2-3 years, I've personally not witnessed anyone getting stopped at the departure gate with a oversize baggage problem. This includes flights from East Mids, Birmingham, Luton, Reus, Girona, Dublin and Rome

Watch me get stopped on Wednesday now :icon_lol:

Last edited:
If anyone wants to reduce the fees, then why not sign up to www.entropay.com ?

It's a virtual visa debit card, which can be entered under the Visa Electron tab on the Ryanair payment page.

entropay charge you 4.95% to load money on to the account, so if you flights are £50, you will be charged £2.50 for loading the money on to the account, and then nothing when booking your flight.

I've seen Easyjet stop people for oversized hand luggage.

Priority boarding is another of my bugbears with Easyjet as on at least 3 occasions I've paid for it but they've then just ignored it and called everyone together. Spanish airports are the worst for that. Easyjet just say they don't guarantee it will be available.

What other benefits do you get with priority boarding, other than getting on the plane first?

The chance to get a seat with extra leg room.

The last Ryanair flight I did was back in July, there were only 2 people who had paid for priority boarding. I was able to get a seat with extra leg room as I was at the front of the non priority queue.

The chance to get a seat with extra leg room.

The last Ryanair flight I did was back in July, there were only 2 people who had paid for priority boarding. I was able to get a seat with extra leg room as I was at the front of the non priority queue.

Worth it for longer flights then!

The last Ryanair flight I did [...] I was able to get a seat with extra leg room as I was at the front of the non priority queue.

What does a shortarse like you do with extra leg-room?

It's a virtual visa debit card, which can be entered under the Visa Electron tab on the Ryanair payment page.

entropay charge you 4.95% to load money on to the account, so if you flights are £50, you will be charged £2.50 for loading the money on to the account, and then nothing when booking your flight.

NF it works a treat, if you reside in the UK, you have to send a scan of your card you use to open the account and a scan of a current bank statement or similar showing your address.
when Ryanair have / or offer promotional flights they cannot charge for online check in, so if a flight a few pence that's all you pay if you use this virtual card. My friend has booked a lot of flights this way and still has £35 left on the card he loaded up with £50

Last edited:

but i thought the amount of entropay always increased if you did nothing?

:102:

but i thought the amount of entropay always increased if you did nothing?

:102:

I have always paid the 4.95% when loading the card up.

But I have just saved £20 by paying with it for 2 flights to Turin and another £20 for 2 flights to Dublin.
The Dublin flights cost me £1 each way per person with free check in so it cost me £4 in all.......:038::038::038::038:

I have always paid the 4.95% when loading the card up.

But I have just saved £20 by paying with it for 2 flights to Turin and another £20 for 2 flights to Dublin.
The Dublin flights cost me £1 each way per person with free check in so it cost me £4 in all.......:038::038::038::038:

Wait untill they bring the 'body mass' charge in then you gloating fecker.

Last edited:
Wait untill they bring the 'body mass' charge in then you gloating fecker.

so, at a couple of quid for a ticket Nottingham Fox and I will buy 2 or 3 seats.......:icon_cool

What did Lazio do at the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670