The "I'm leaving on a Jet Plane" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm dunno about that DV, aren't 'facts' and 'theories' two entirely different things?
A theory being a hypothesis that stands up to being tested by facts, or summat like that

i didn't say they were the same

i said a theory that stands the test of time (by which i mean centuries) approaches truth

some (David Attenborough for instance) go as far as to call evolution a fact

Gravity is a "theory" btw

:)

Pythagorus's Theory is just a theory...

:icon_roll

I don't know who this bloke Pythagorus is; perhaps you mean Pythagoras. The Pythagorean Theorem is just a theorem - a different thing.

Edit: Oh, somebody already made the point.

Last edited:
I don't know who this bloke Pythagorus is; perhaps you mean Pythagoras. The Pythagorean Theorem is just a theorem - a different thing.

Edit: Oh, somebody already made the point.

a theorem isnt so different to a theory, its just that mathematicians use the word theorem for little theories and theory for a whole class of theorems and lemmas and corollaries

like Number Theory, Set Theory

mathematicians use the word theory differently to physical scientists and they both use it differnetly to lay people

which was kind of my point

a theorem isnt so different to a theory, its just that mathematicians use the word theorem for little theories and theory for a whole class of theorems and lemmas and corollaries

like Number Theory, Set Theory

mathematicians use the word theory differently to physical scientists and they both use it differnetly to lay people

which was kind of my point

FOR ****S SAKE DV!!!!! I BET YOU ARE A GIGGLE A MINUTE AT PARTIES!

bit too many blokes here for a decent party if you ask me

fecking cocktoberfest

you've driven all of the women away with your "interesting" conversation... after all, if its not about fluffy kittens and knitting we aint interested :icon_lol:

How to destroy a thread in 20 posts.

you've driven all of the women away with your "interesting" conversation... after all, if its not about fluffy kittens and knitting we aint interested :icon_lol:

lurking again my dear?

:icon_bigg

lurking again my dear?

:icon_bigg

lurking is one of my favourite things to do... :icon_bigg

although the fact I am bored out of my brain and looking for something to read probably has a little to do with it

Last edited:
Going Devon on a school trip in a couple of weeks, should be shite.

Do what we did H-Dawg!!

We had the police looking for us after we broke our curfew of 9:30pm by a full 5 hours. Needless to say we were in a spot of bother when we strolled out of the strip club to be met by the police and our teachers. Sent home the very next morning.

It's worth it though buddy. We had a right laugh.

Do what we did H-Dawg!!

We had the police looking for us after we broke our curfew of 9:30pm by a full 5 hours. Needless to say we were in a spot of bother when we strolled out of the strip club to be met by the police and our teachers. Sent home the very next morning.

It's worth it though buddy. We had a right laugh.

:081: Yeah I might have to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670