The 'Lets spend Milan's money!' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not but it wont be because we cant match his wages, remember we tempted Douglas, MdV, Kisnorbo and Maybury away from the SPL.

To be honest he's a bit better than them lot,probably the most rated Scottish footballer there is right now.If he were to leave Hearts there would be no shortage of takers all of which could better what we could offer him.

To be honest he's a bit better than them lot,probably the most rated Scottish footballer there is right now.If he were to leave Hearts there would be no shortage of takers all of which could better what we could offer him.

I'm sure you are right.

Pressley has been over rated by a lot of people. He will come to the Championship and get found out immediately.

Also I would be very surprised to see Kelly take a risk on an SPL player, bearing in mind the stick some of the current squad have taken.

Would not be surprised to see Hartley move to the premiership to be honest, I would imagine teams such as Watford, Sheff Utd, Reading, Fulham etc would all be interested in a player of his quality especially if it involved no transfer fee.

Hardly the same:icon_roll

Some would say a bigish football club with a good fanbase, facilities and city would be more adaptable in the Champions League then a small rugby town like Wigan in the premiership. One happened, why can't the other?

from the hull Daily Mail
and the other forum :icon_wink

Hull City hope to announce a new manager by next Monday - but the signs are it will not be Iain Dowie.

Chairman Adam Pearson has narrowed his choice down to three clear favourites, but refuses to reveal their identity.

He will hold interviews with two of the three candidates tomorrow, with one a proven Championship manager and the other with less experience.

Caretaker boss Phil Brown still has a chance of the full-time role but much will depend on the outcome of Saturday's game against Cardiff.

A win will boost his chances of replacing Phil Parkinson, but Pearson appears to be swinging towards the experienced candidate, who he will give a second interview to tomorrow.

Pearson said: "We have held interviews this week and I hope to be in a position to make a decision by late Sunday or, more likely, Monday morning.

"If I can bring in a manager and make a decision as early as possible it will be for the good of the club."

Dowie has fallen out of the running and now appears set for Leicester, with the £25m takeover by Milan Mandaric set to go through in the next couple of days.

The Walkers Stadium now appears to be Dowie's most likely destination with the millions of the former Portsmouth chairman holding more sway than the limited spending power available at the KC.

Pearson has refused to confirm the details or the identities of any of the candidates other than Brown, but the Mail understands that Ronnie Moore is not in the running along with Joe Royle, Kevin Blackwell and Kevin Keegan.

Having seen the club's fans buoyed by speculation linking City with Dowie, the proven Championship manager may not be the big name fans would like.

It appears Dowie may have used Hull's interest to speed up Leicester's interest, despite already having Rob Kelly in situ as manager.

Meanwhile, Brown hopes a bumper home crowd will inspire his City team to kick-start their bid to avoid relegation.

A near capacity crowd is expected following Pearson's decision to reduce ticket prices for the visit of Cardiff, Brown's first game in charge at the KC.

Brown hopes his players can feed off the atmosphere created by City's supporters and improve their dismal home record of just two wins at the KC this season.

"Confidence is low and I've got to try and alleviate that pressure," Brown told the Mail.

"There should be 22,000 or more there on Saturday and that will create a great atmosphere and hopefully that will inspire the players to play good football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566