The Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now fear that we are going to have a massive expectation for our own games in 4 years time, and that we aren't going to deliver. It's going to be a long time IMO before we have an Olympic Games as successful as this one.
Well, we might not reach 18 golds again but I can still picture it being succesful. The framework is now in place in some sports and it seems like we really give our best competitors all they need to reach their potential. Cycling, Rowing and Sailing will all yield quite a few gold medals and I would expect at least a top 6 result.

Boxing and Swimming will hopefully build on their success at these champs too, and then we should expect the home town support to give our competitors a boost in others.

Athletics is the biggest mess tbh and I cant see us turning that around in 4 years time.

gold in the boxing today

How many of these medals were won by an English man/women? Just curious...

Also don't know the ins and outs but wasn't one of the women tested positive for drugs, weres the consistency if she was allowed to take part and Dwain couldn't :102: As I said I don't know the in's and outs.

How many of these medals were won by an English man/women? Just curious...

Also don't know the ins and outs but wasn't one of the women tested positive for drugs, weres the consistency if she was allowed to take part and Dwain couldn't :102: As I said I don't know the in's and outs.

Who gives a shit how many were won by english men/women. They all represented Great Britain, not England.

The woman I assume you are refering to is Christine Ohuruogu, who didnt test positive for drugs, she just missed three tests within 12 months and so was banned. Much like Rio Ferdinand missed a test and was banned.

2010 :icon_roll

Anyone see Iceland's Handball final. Iceland has never won a gold medal, only 3 medals won in it's history inc. winter games. It was shown in every public cinema in Iceland, they were then hummed by France.

Hummed....nothing worse than being hummed

Who gives a shit how many were won by english men/women. They all represented Great Britain, not England.

The woman I assume you are refering to is Christine Ohuruogu, who didnt test positive for drugs, she just missed three tests within 12 months and so was banned. Much like Rio Ferdinand missed a test and was banned.

Fair enough; I just thought it would be like me supporting China.

Fair enough; I just thought it would be like me supporting China.
Why?

I'll call you a "Thicko" now in anticipation of your answer, to save me the bother later. If I feel it needs to be retracted upon reading an unexpected answer, then I will do so.

No that would be like me supporting france.

Why?

I'll call you a "Thicko" now in anticipation of your answer, to save me the bother later. If I feel it needs to be retracted upon reading an unexpected answer, then I will do so.

Apologies that was a ridiculous statement by myself.

However, the point I meant to make was; not that it's anyones fault but how can a core, "patriotic fan," (not saying there is such a person, its all bollox) support a non-English country in the olympics vice versa?

Apologies that was a ridiculous statement by myself.

However, the point I meant to make was; not that it's anyones fault but how can a core, "patriotic fan," (not saying there is such a person, its all bollox) support a non-English country in the olympics vice versa?
If Europe was playing America in a football match, I'd still support Europe, because my country is in Europe.

If Earth played cricket against Mars, would you stop supporting Earth if a Pakistani (e.g) was included in the line up?

Last edited:
Who gives a shit how many were won by english men/women.
I do.
I want English representation, just like the scots, welsh and ulster's red hand gang want their own.
Team GB can feck off....

If Europe was playing America in a football match, I'd still support Europe, because my country is in Europe.
Do you consider your country to be Great Britain or England?

If Earth played cricket against Mars, would you stop supporting Earth if a Pakistani (e.g) was included in the line up?

So you would support a Jock in boxing over a bloke from Texas with the same passion as a English man/women vs a Toronto boxer :102:

So you would support a Jock in boxing over a bloke from Texas with the same passion as a English man/women vs a Toronto boxer :102:
Well that's Scotland against America, so why would I have any interest in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566