The Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
brit1_gallery__600x394.jpg

That's nothing, I've seen lots of c**ts on bikes this weekend.

He's held the world record since 31 May... I just hope he's clean.

Thats the big question but his stride length is a massive reason for his speed. Like Michael Johnson did, he has completely re-written the rule book around technique and what is expected for the event. Hopefully he is just a natural freak!

Last edited:
I cant see us winning many more. I think its the last day of the cycling tomorrow, then we are fecked.
We have a decent chance at another four in cycling - Men's Madison, Men's Sprint, Women's Sprint, Women's BMX
- Goodison will probably win gold tomorrow in the sailing. While we have another three decent medal shots.
- Still have three boxers left in.
- David Davies in the 10km open water swim is a decent bet.
- Athletics. Idowu, Ohuruogu, Baddeley and Sayers have decent chances.
- Then I'm reliably informed that we are half decent in Canoeing, Modern Pentathlon and Horsies too :icon_razz

I think we'll win a few more, 20 is just about achievable. I'll be happy if we can beat the aussies and the french :038:

We have a decent chance at another four in cycling - Men's Madison, Men's Sprint, Women's Sprint, Women's BMX
- Goodison will probably win gold tomorrow in the sailing. While we have another three decent medal shots.
- Then I'm reliably informed that we are half decent in Canoeing, Modern Pentathlon and Horsies too :icon_razz

I think we'll win a few more, 20 is just about achievable. I'll be happy if we can beat the aussies and the french :038:

I hope you are wrong (not really). :icon_wink I am on the sell side of 136.

(5 points for Gold, 3 points for Silver, 1 point for Bronze)

Looking ahead to 2012, obviously some events won't be in London(The Sailing is near Weymouth I believe?) Does anyone know if the swimming is going to be in Sheffield or are they building a purpose-built Olympic size pool in London?
Which other sports will probably be elsehere in the country?

Oh and that British gal should've got a medal in the Gymnastics imo.

To beat the Russians would be fantastic as well.
As for the remaining events, you have to have confidence in the cycling and another sailing gold looks a certainty. The others i wouldnt like to put money on.

Looking ahead to 2012, obviously some events won't be in London(The Sailing is near Weymouth I believe?) Does anyone know if the swimming is going to be in Sheffield or are they building a purpose-built Olympic size pool in London?
Which other sports will probably be elsehere in the country?

Oh and that British gal should've got a medal in the Gymnastics imo.

The swimming will be in London. There was a discussion about at work some to do with the design or something.

Sailing is due to be at Weymouth, Rowing will be nearby Windsor, Canoeing in Hertfordshire and the football will of course be played at numerous venues.

To beat the Russians would be fantastic as well.
As for the remaining events, you have to have confidence in the cycling and another sailing gold looks a certainty. The others i wouldnt like to put money on.
that be awesome. China seem to be taking a lot of the traditional Russian golds away actually and the Russian athlete doping storm wouldnt have helped either.

They're still bound to pick up a few more in wrestling, boxing and athletics so I think they might just pip us to third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669