They're talking about us

Just watched 8 Out of 10 Cats where they talked about the best sporting stories of the year and we were 3rd and I just had a 'that actually happened' moment and had to wipe away a tear. Still can't believe it.

Just watched 8 Out of 10 Cats where they talked about the best sporting stories of the year and we were 3rd and I just had a 'that actually happened' moment and had to wipe away a tear. Still can't believe it.
Third??? Bollocks!

What were the top two?

This is the full 'rich' report. It has more on us and predicts that we'll enter the top fifteen this year as a result of the additional revenue as Champions.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...oitte-uk-sport-football-money-league-2017.pdf

Our profit margins must be astronomical, despite the fat contracts handed out to all and sundry. Which makes our net transfer spend of about £30m since winning the league seem pitifully low. We must have bucket loads of cash to spend and still be well within FFP rules.

We're easily the lowest placed 'rich' club in the list. The next worst being West Ham. We are not far off the equivalent of Newcastle last year in terms of 'under-performance'.

We have a unique advantage over clubs outside of the 'big six' this season, which we're sadly failing to exploit.

Good piece by Danny Murphy talking about the diamond and re-iterating what I was saying about DD. He was overly criticised by too many supporters in the first half.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38713714

I liked that article. A worthwhile footballer's perspective. Begs the question though doesn't it? If we go back to a flat 4 midfield, which 4? Have we now, ironically, got a surplus of defensive central midfielders?

I think we'll see Amartey played as a centre back (given that's how he's playing at AFCON), that takes one out of the calculation, but it still means one of them (Mendy?) on the bench. So Ndidi and Drinkwater in the middle, then Albrighton and Mahrez? Gray and Mahrez?

So is this how we'd look?

Schmeichel

Simpson Amartey Huth Chilwell

Mahrez Drinkwater Ndidi Albrighton

Okazaki Slimani

Bench of Zeiler, Vardy, Gray, Musa, Mendy, Morgan/Fuchs, King/Kapustka

(Assuming Ulloa's going/gone)

I liked that article. A worthwhile footballer's perspective. Begs the question though doesn't it? If we go back to a flat 4 midfield, which 4? Have we now, ironically, got a surplus of defensive central midfielders?

I think we'll see Amartey played as a centre back (given that's how he's playing at AFCON), that takes one out of the calculation, but it still means one of them (Mendy?) on the bench. So Ndidi and Drinkwater in the middle, then Albrighton and Mahrez? Gray and Mahrez?

Schmeichel

Okazaki Slimani

Not forgetting Matty James.

So that's 6 average central midfielders we'll have to cover 2 positions, assuming we go back to a flat midfield 4.

Schmeichel

Okazaki Slimani

At this rate both Amartey and Ndidi will be CBs and then Drinky and Mendy will be CM

Not forgetting Matty James.

So that's 6 average central midfielders we'll have to cover 2 positions, assuming we go back to a flat midfield 4.

What's your definition of "average" in this sentence?

Do you have a dictionary handy?

That doesn't help.

What is an average footballer?

Average compared to everyone in the country? If that's the case they might be Sunday league standard.
Average compared to other first team players in the Premier League? If that's the case, they should be good enough to help us climb the table.

That doesn't help.

What is an average footballer?

Average compared to everyone in the country? If that's the case they might be Sunday league standard.
Average compared to other first team players in the Premier League? If that's the case, they should be good enough to help us climb the table.

Average for 15th in the Premier League.

God I love pedantry.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669