They're talking about us

Don't really follow the logic. If the manager is the problem then replacing him is likely to yield results, especially given they cant really get any worse.

Because it is the players who are willing to show such a lack of respect and professionalism to the club. What happens if they don't like the new manager?

Because it is the players who are willing to show such a lack of respect and professionalism to the club. What happens if they don't like the new manager?
We are where we were. At least you have a chance to select a manager that they can work with.

The supporting evidence is on the pitch Matt, in the blue.
But I could equally say that someone within the club has said that the players know they need to up their form but are all stuck in a rut with a huge lack of confidence and unsure how to change it. It would still be based on nothing and supported by what I see on the pitch.

But I could equally say that someone within the club has said that the players know they need to up their form but are all stuck in a rut with a huge lack of confidence and unsure how to change it. It would still be based on nothing and supported by what I see on the pitch.
In part. However we've seen the players gesticulating to the bench indicating they've no idea what they are meant to be doing.

We are where we were. At least you have a chance to select a manager that they can work with.

Indeed. I suppose that's football and all can be forgiven (Chelsea as a good example). But right now I don't see the players shitness as just an attack on Claudio. It is all of us fans who have to suffer their pathetic strops. No doubt I'll forgive if we win the league next year with whoever Vardy, Drinkwater and Co select as our new manager.

The owners won't like this publicity any more than we do. I think Ranieri is now on borrowed time.

They must already have a contingency plan and they should get Mancini in before WHU beat us to it.

In part. However we've seen the players gesticulating to the bench indicating they've no idea what they are meant to be doing.
Possibly but again if they were playing with confidence then they would be more inclined to trust their own instincts.

Look at Drinkwater. We know he's a good player. He hasn't become a "shit" player. Regardless of where he's playing or how he's instructed to play the ball, he's a player who we know can pass the ball 1p yards accurately. Lately, they've been going all over the place.

Vardy would have at least hit the target with his chance against Burnley and yet he skewed it wide. This isn't him being "shit", I would argue he's probably over thinking it and snatching at chances.

I've said it before, the defence know that the strikers aren't scoring at the minute so they are under huge pressure not to concede. That leads to mistakes. The strikers know that the defenders are letting in goals so they need to try to score at least 2 a game so they are under massive pressure which leads to snatching. The midfielders have been changed around so much that they can't help either end. That's down to Ranieri though I'm not sure he had a huge amount of choice in the matter but it's also why I'd sooner stick with DD and NDIDI to get some consistency in there.

I can't and won't ever condone sacking Ranieri, not because of what he did last year or even because I think he'll keep us up; like most I'm sick and tired of the lack of so called "loyalty" shown by players and managers nowadays. Ranieri allegedly had the chance to leave us in the summer when his stock was the highest it could ever be. Same for Vardy, Mahrez etc (it's not about money, they'd easily have made the same at Arsenal etc). If they'd have left they'd have been called snakes, traitors whatever. Look at what happened to Kante's picture on the wall. I honestly feel that loyalty has to go both ways. It's very naive of me in the current system, I get that, but I'd sooner stick to what I believe than be dragged into the crowd.

Only in the three games where he has used a ridiculous change of tactics in a desperate attempt to change something

What's their excuse for the rest of the season

This started at Hull - had they all lost their faith in the Premier League winning manager at that point ? Or is ths all just now a very convenient way to excuse their shameful lack of effort and application for the whole of the season ?

Don't really follow the logic. If the manager is the problem then replacing him is likely to yield results, especially given they cant really get any worse.

Don't follow the logic. the players are the problem. replacing the manager changes nothing even mid -term.

Only in the three games where he has used a ridiculous change of tactics in a desperate attempt to change something

What's their excuse for the rest of the season

This started at Hull - had they all lost their faith in the Premier League winning manager at that point ? Or is ths all just now a very convenient way to excuse their shameful lack of effort and application for the whole of the season ?
From what I see the approach this season is completely different. There were actually a few games last season where we lined up very similar to how we are doing every game this season. We got lucky in most of those games though, the late win against Norwich an example. So not so much the formation but the approach to matches, one of these 2 articles talked about Ranieri being obsessed with the opposition and the players finding it frustrating not being allowed to play their natural game.

Yep. As I said earlier (here or elsewhere), the club has little room to manoeuvre. If they think that a change of personnel is needed then realistically it's only CR that can go. It's the club's owners that will call it. They will not want to go down so the question is whether they trust CR to turn it around, or to at least do enough to avoid the drop. Is it too dramatic to say it's decision time?

Possibly but again if they were playing with confidence then they would be more inclined to trust their own instincts.

Look at Drinkwater. We know he's a good player. He hasn't become a "shit" player. Regardless of where he's playing or how he's instructed to play the ball, he's a player who we know can pass the ball 1p yards accurately. Lately, they've been going all over the place.

Vardy would have at least hit the target with his chance against Burnley and yet he skewed it wide. This isn't him being "shit", I would argue he's probably over thinking it and snatching at chances.

I've said it before, the defence know that the strikers aren't scoring at the minute so they are under huge pressure not to concede. That leads to mistakes. The strikers know that the defenders are letting in goals so they need to try to score at least 2 a game so they are under massive pressure which leads to snatching. The midfielders have been changed around so much that they can't help either end. That's down to Ranieri though I'm not sure he had a huge amount of choice in the matter but it's also why I'd sooner stick with DD and NDIDI to get some consistency in there.

I can't and won't ever condone sacking Ranieri, not because of what he did last year or even because I think he'll keep us up; like most I'm sick and tired of the lack of so called "loyalty" shown by players and managers nowadays. Ranieri allegedly had the chance to leave us in the summer when his stock was the highest it could ever be. Same for Vardy, Mahrez etc (it's not about money, they'd easily have made the same at Arsenal etc). If they'd have left they'd have been called snakes, traitors whatever. Look at what happened to Kante's picture on the wall. I honestly feel that loyalty has to go both ways. It's very naive of me in the current system, I get that, but I'd sooner stick to what I believe than be dragged into the crowd.
That's all very commendable Matt. Personally I'd rather be watching Premier League football next season.

That's all very commendable Matt. Personally I'd rather be watching Premier League football next season.
I would rather we buck the trend and stick with our manager regardless of relegation ffs.

Posters on here throw the towel in far too easily for me, the problem is the players and NOT the manager.

If Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Morgan ++ had put 2/3 of the effort ether did last season we would already have amassed 40+ points.

Pandering to player power is not the answer. Go down if needs be, sell off the silver and build again. I would rather this than sack Ranieri.

I may be a cynic but is this clever use of the media by the club who feel that a change of manager is inevitable but also recognise the potential bad publicity sacking a manager who delivered the premier league less than 12 months ago, so release details the manager has effectively lost the plot in an attempt to justify their decision......

I may be a cynic but is this clever use of the media by the club who feel that a change of manager is inevitable but also recognise the potential bad publicity sacking a manager who delivered the premier league less than 12 months ago, so release details the manager has effectively lost the plot in an attempt to justify their decision......
BN, BN, is that you BN?

If there was any guarantee that changing the manager would do that then I'd be more tempted I suppose. I saw the stats somewhere the other day though (I'll see if I can find the link) that show changing manager has less than a 50% chance of success historically.

Reactions: FIF

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564