They're talking about us

I fear that the narrative will always be comparing anyone that isn't us with us if they haven't won the PL recently. It's lazy and wrong but will probably be used long after we're all in the ground. I guess that's the point.

From the BBC report on last night:
View attachment 18280
Piss poor reporting to say the least

I fear that the narrative will always be comparing anyone that isn't us with us if they haven't won the PL recently. It's lazy and wrong but will probably be used long after we're all in the ground. I guess that's the point.

From the BBC report on last night:
View attachment 18280
That would mean we lost at least four that season, wouldn’t it? Which we didn’t.

“Going into this game, Villa had the exact same record as Leicester City in the 2015-16 season when they won the league - 12 wins, two draws and three losses from 17 games.”

we were 11 wins 5 draws and 1 defeat after 17 games so the same points but not the same record. We only lost three all season, they’ve done that before the half way stage.

And Ricardo too, but neither fit comfortably in to a four-four-****ing-two - who would use that anymore? Even Mike Bassett has moved on from it

Great article, thanks. Now if Enzo can just teach Daka how to shoot, we would win every game by at least 3-0, rather than 1-0, as is so often the case.

Great article, thanks. Now if Enzo can just teach Daka how to shoot, we would win every game by at least 3-0, rather than 1-0, as is so often the case.
Three times you mean, last one was mid October when Daka was nowhere near the team.

Since Daka started playing we’ve scored 13 goals in 4 games. He’s scored 4 of them - our top goalscorer during that spell.

In short, what are you on about?

Good article and nice to hear EM speak with some depth about the job he's doing.

No question that the way he has got the squad onside is exceptional. I fully expected several of the old guard to be poison this season but nobody seems to be. This tells me that EM is somebody that treats his players properly.

I have my issues with EM but in terms of galvanising a shambolic mess of a group of players and getting them to work together to achieve a clear aim, he's been spot on.

View attachment 18293
Fits in entirely with his enviro-climate message. Think of all the CO2 from fossil fuel that would be saved by the team coach(es) and travelling fans to away matches and opposition fans not coming here, if we were promoted now. And - we could plant biofuel crops on King Power pitch and harvest it in time for the PL season to offset our carbon footprint for next year.

I’ve no idea if this is in any way accurate, but we’ve got 8 of the top 9 highest earners in the league, according to this:

It's probably the best case scenario. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we'd got the wage bill down to £60m.

Just realised that it doesn't include players we've loaned out and are paying so it will be quite a bit more.

I said elsewhere that our squad was still a mess and some of these figures illustrate that. Smithies on three times as much as Hermansen. Iheanacho on eight times as much as Mavididi. And so on.

Spaffing away seventy grand a week on Danny ****ing Ward and Alex ****ing Smithies FFS

And eighty grand on ****ing ‘can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo‘ Iheanacho

Jebus

Hideous numbers

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570