Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So both LCFC and Spurs will manage little above relegation form, Chelsea will get an improbable 37 points from 14 games, and even those Scousers we saw off on Tuesday will close the gap on us from 16 points to 3?

This table, was it in a typical Daily Express article predicting the worst winter for 100 years, perchance?

So both LCFC and Spurs will manage little above relegation form, Chelsea will get an improbable 37 points from 14 games, and even those Scousers we saw off on Tuesday will close the gap on us from 16 points to 3?

This table, was it in a typical Daily Express article predicting the worst winter for 100 years, perchance?

The more I look at that table the stupider it gets.

At least it shows we can only win 5 of our last 14 matches and still make the Champions League. But yeah, I agree, it's pretty ludicrous.

Chelsea finishing 3 points behind us? :icon lol:

You lot are nuts. I'm still thinking top 6 will be amazing.

At least it shows we can only win 5 of our last 14 matches and still make the Champions League. But yeah, I agree, it's pretty ludicrous.

Chelsea finishing 3 points behind us? :icon lol:

Too right - Bournemouth are going to have an almighty collapse taking only 3 draws until the season end with 11 defeats!!!!
The joker doing this should be sacked and the editor, who must have approved it, given a telling off and demoted for incompetence.

You're all wrong. We will go into the last match 3 points clear of second but with inferior GD. Chelsea will get a horrendously dubious penalty in the 90th minute as whoever is second snatch a hit and run win.

Tears all round.

You're all wrong. We will go into the last match 3 points clear of second but with inferior GD. Chelsea will get a horrendously dubious penalty in the 90th minute as whoever is second snatch a hit and run win.

Tears all round.

And it will be so close we'll drop to fourth and Chelsea will win the CL the week after.

Get these next two games done, then I will realistically entertain if we have a title challenge.

We are top not by a great margin. Right now we are fighting for a Champions league spot.

(I am slightly excited on the inside!)

Aston Villa will almost double their current points tally? What a joke.

Why not? Some team did it last season. Villa could be in Europe by 2017.

I thought they changed the rules after we had 5 teams post Istanbul, so it was clear a CL winner would take the 4th spot?
Wiki says you're right Glyn. 5 teams can qualify from EPL.
Not sure what happens if top 4 stays the same, Chelsea won Champions League and Liverpool or Man U won Europa though?

No country is allowed more than 5 entrants, not a problem for those who get three or less places, but if two go to cup winners that only leaves three spaces left for England, Spain or Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669