trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
off a Footballing website - that was from the centre of London on it's line.

A look at Leyton Orient to Dagenham East suggests absolute no chance!!

What do mean by absolutely no chance? There is a probability that you can do it by taxi.

I've just had another thought on this. 17th November is an 'International Saturday'. There may well be other people ground-hopping that day and Victoria Road may well be a popular destination. It may even be that there will be others looking to go to these two grounds.

Why don't you have a lok at the Orient and D&R forums? You might already find a relevant thread there or you could start one asking if anybody might be going to the two games and would be willing to give you a lift. You might even find potentail taxi sharers and bring the shared-fare down to something which would be a bit more reasonable.

What do mean by absolutely no chance? There is a probability that you can do it by taxi.

Absolutely no chance from them two tube stations of making the game via tube.

I am looking at the other possibility suggested. The International weekend was also the thing which got me interested.

I am considering just the Leyton Orient game - apart from Stanmore. Is Luton a decent option to park my car and then begin tackling the maze that can be the London transport system?

Last edited:
Absolutely no chance from them two tube stations of making the game via tube.

I am looking at the other possibility suggested. The International weekend was also the thing which got me interested.

I am considering just the Leyton Orient game - apart from Stanmore. Is Luton a decent option to park my car and then begin tackling the maze that can be the London transport system?

If you're just considering the Orient game and are intending to drive down, there's no real need to use public transport. Just follow the M25 round to the M11 - M11 towards London. From the end of the M11, take the A12 which goes not too far from Orient's ground.

You could of course then drive yourself to Dagenham in time for the second match. Neither ground is in an area where it is impossible to park.

If you're just considering the Orient game and are intending to drive down, there's no real need to use public transport. Just follow the M25 round to the M11 - M11 towards London. From the end of the M11, take the A12 which goes not too far from Orient's ground.

You could of course then drive yourself to Dagenham in time for the second match. Neither ground is in an area where it is impossible to park.

Just looked - 38 minutes.

If I leave bang on 90 minutes that leaves me with 45 minutes to get there and considering I have neither preference to either team, that's ok.

I might swot up tonight on it. I didn't realise Orient was that easy - when I think London footy grounds, I think public transport.

Just looked - 38 minutes.

If I leave bang on 90 minutes that leaves me with 45 minutes to get there and considering I have neither preference to either team, that's ok.

I might swot up tonight on it. I didn't realise Orient was that easy - when I think London footy grounds, I think public transport.

So would I normally - but these two are notable exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669