trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me with fares for the following:
Leicester to York arrive before 10am then york to leicester leave after 6pm (sat 28th July)

3rd august Leicester to dawlish then 5th august Dawlish to Leicester.

thanks in advance.

Any restrictions on your Dawlish journey ??

not really I plan to stay fri and sat in dawlish

thanks in advance:)

Ok

Re: Leic > York

There should be £7 singles available, but it appears they haven't been released as yet, although a rail website says they have :icon_conf

The best available ticket price I can find is £29.90. These are walk up tickets with no restrictions. You will need a CDR Leic > Derby - CDR Derby > Sheff - CDR Sheff > York

Going to York, there is a direct train at 7.54am, which stops at Derby and Sheffield, so you wouldn't have to change. This gets into York just after 10am. Coming back to Leicester after 6pm, will involve changes.

Re: Leic > Dawlish

There are £13 singles available for the outward journey departing 8.08am arriving 12.33pm (1 change at Birm New St) or 10.09am arriving 14.29pm (Again 1 change at Birm New St)

Coming back to Leicester, is slightly more expensive £19.50 single. Currently available are 10.55am arriving 15.23pm, 13.25pm arriving 18.24pm or 14.59pm arriving 19.24pm - (All these involve 2 changes at Exeter St Davids and Birm New St)

Total Journey Cost - £32.50

Hope this helps

NF

Ok

Re: Leic > York

There should be £7 singles available, but it appears they haven't been released as yet, although a rail website says they have :icon_conf

The best available ticket price I can find is £29.90. These are walk up tickets with no restrictions. You will need a CDR Leic > Derby - CDR Derby > Sheff - CDR Sheff > York

Going to York, there is a direct train at 7.54am, which stops at Derby and Sheffield, so you wouldn't have to change. This gets into York just after 10am. Coming back to Leicester after 6pm, will involve changes.

NF
I have found £8-50 single tickets to York!! must have released them today
thanks for the dawlish info !

I have found £8-50 single tickets to York!! must have released them today
thanks for the dawlish info !

I will have to change twice, but I dont mind, as you know I like trains!

:038:

Always makes it better when you can get there for nearly half the price of standard tickets.

Changing twice isn't a huge problem, as it only puts about half hour this particular journey. My only problem with changing more often is the chances of missing connections are increased.

At least it's only 1 change on the way back, when you'l be wanting to get back home!!

Always makes it better when you can get there for nearly half the price of standard tickets.

Changing twice isn't a huge problem, as it only puts about half hour this particular journey. My only problem with changing more often is the chances of missing connections are increased.

At least it's only 1 change on the way back, when you'l be wanting to get back home!!
I went derby on sunday £7.60 return, get in there:038:

cant get the friday off for the dawlish trip so I might have to travel on sat instead... looks like I might get the whole journey for £26!

dont laugh, im staying at exeter:)
£44 plus hotel nearly £100

Last edited:
I had to ring Virgin as their website wouldnt let me complete the purchase!!! 18 mins to book the tickets

Nice day at Nuneaton yesterday, plenty of freight and pendo's;)

Last edited:
Route_Voy_DW.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675