trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
:018: Don't do it Webbo,I've caught it a few times from Fort William to Euston in the Seated Carriage.....fecking nightmare

I've done it a few times Glasgow to Euston, with no problem. Although the last time I tried it the train was cancelled due to engineering work over-running and we had to sleep on the train overnight at Glasgow and get the first train in the morning.
Not being able to sleep on it doesn't bother me, I don't sleep much at night anyway!

I've done it a few times Glasgow to Euston, with no problem. Although the last time I tried it the train was cancelled due to engineering work over-running and we had to sleep on the train overnight at Glasgow and get the first train in the morning.
Not being able to sleep on it doesn't bother me, I don't sleep much at night anyway!

The Glasgow to Euston maybe a diffeerent train.The one from FW joins the Sllepers from Aberdeen and Inverness at Edinburgh and if you are in the seated carriage from FW you have to get off at Midnight and wait for either of the Inverness or Aberdeen Seated Carriages to arrive and get on one of them and you get the worst seat because you are last on and some fecker always snores,the last one I got on was full of the great Unwashwed,the
Carriage stunk to high heaven when I boarded it

The Glasgow to Euston maybe a diffeerent train.The one from FW joins the Sllepers from Aberdeen and Inverness at Edinburgh and if you are in the seated carriage from FW you have to get off at Midnight and wait for either of the Inverness or Aberdeen Seated Carriages to arrive and get on one of them and you get the worst seat because you are last on and some fecker always snores,the last one I got on was full of the great Unwashwed,the
Carriage stunk to high heaven when I boarded it

That must'v pissed off the other passengers.
Did they ask you to get back off again?

Its cheaper if you split the journeys i.e Leicester-Nuneaton-Glasgow-Mallaig...3 different tickets
singles or returns? I wish there was a website that sorts this all out, I also need to go to southampton and dawlish! does anyone know the splits for these?

singles or returns? I wish there was a website that sorts this all out, I also need to go to southampton and dawlish! does anyone know the splits for these?

The Trainline.Com does the cheap fares you just have to spend a bit of time sorting each journey,it gives you cheap singles and Returns

The Trainline.Com does the cheap fares you just have to spend a bit of time sorting each journey,it gives you cheap singles and Returns

It won't show journeys from Megatrain.com, who do cheap tickets on a few routes.
For example if you're going to Scotland, they do cheap tickets from Manchester to Glasgow.
They also do cheap tickets from Birmingham to Southampton, and London to Exeter.
You need to book in advance though and have to use the specified train.

It won't show journeys from Megatrain.com, who do cheap tickets on a few routes.
For example if you're going to Scotland, they do cheap tickets from Manchester to Glasgow.
They also do cheap tickets from Birmingham to Southampton, and London to Exeter.
You need to book in advance though and have to use the specified train.

I use the Trainline one up here thats the only reason I mentioned it

do you have to do each jouney seperatley, Ie book the ticket from leices to nuneaton, nuneaton to glasgow etc?
sorry to be a pain, but I plan to go to a few places and dot want to spend over the odds! thanks

Last edited:

The trainline and the other train company specific ones all use the same data, so they're all as good as each other. Megatrain is only good for a small number of routes, but it's worth checking with them if one of their routes is part of your journey.
For example if you book far enough ahead with Megatrain you could do Glasgow to Manchester for £1.

do you have to do each jouney seperatley, Ie book the ticket from leices to nuneaton, nuneaton to glasgow etc?
sorry to be a pain, but I plan to go to a few places and dot want to spend over the odds! thanks

Sometimes it's cheaper to book lots of separate tickets. Sometimes if you don't mind having flexibility it's cheaper to book on just one ticket, if you book the right amount of time ahead. A lot of the time it's just down to experimenting with different journeys and times to find the cheapest option.

It is usually cheaper to book them seperately in my experience

can anyone help me with fares for the following:
Leicester to York arrive before 10am then york to leicester leave after 6pm (sat 28th July)

3rd august Leicester to dawlish then 5th august Dawlish to Leicester.

thanks in advance.

Have you tried the train operators?, they usually get it about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669