trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see that any split of SVRs will be cheaper than 2 x Advance Singles.

If you split SVRs at Carlisle, and get a Carlisle -> Ayr (roiute Dumfries) ticket the total would be £80.80

Splitting at Preston would make a total of £91 (more via Glasgow) - so no good.

There are not enough trains which stop at other stations to think about anywhere else.
how do you know all this?
I would love a job on the trains... and to be able to learn all this:)

how much would his return journey be?

It clearly depends on when he travels and what route he takes. The cheapest possible return journey by train between Nuneaton and Ayr is £36.

I bet thats booking well in advance

Not necessarily. Tickets at that price are available until the quota runs out - they are not time-limited any longer.

Why are you going to Ayr ? I know I'm nosey

He recently proclaimed in another thread that he had never been to Ayrshire. Perhaps he wants to see Hibernian play.

:icon_wink

And yes, before anybody says it, I know Hibernian don't play in Ayrshire - well, not their home games anyway. And if you need to say it, you have rather missed the point.

how do you know all this?
I would love a job on the trains... and to be able to learn all this:)

In general people who work on the trains have no interest in making fares cheaper for the public. They believe that people should pay the fare that they are asked for at the ticket office. Some even argue that it is illegal to split journeys in the way that Jeff and I are discussing.

In general people who work on the trains have no interest in making fares cheaper for the public. They believe that people should pay the fare that they are asked for at the ticket office. Some even argue that it is illegal to split journeys in the way that Jeff and I are discussing.
Well I dont think like that although my brother who works for MM does..

So you've stolen from the likes of me and Boc who always pay. Boc was right about you.

I told you I was right about him.

I told you!

I was planning to set up a site with tips for this, and a forum, but I've never got round to it. I did buy the domain name, cheap-train-tickets.co.uk

There have been several attempts to do it - most have failed because it is possible to properly oversee the shite that people are feeing into it. The moneysavingexpert.com version seems to be the best of those that remain.

uk.railway is certainly the best place to make an enquiry about an intended journey but the quality of the reply will depend on who is about at the time.

BTW there is still an £18 single available on your date. 22:13 from Nuneaton, arrives Ayr 07:54 Thursday.

There have been several attempts to do it - most have failed because it is possible to properly oversee the shite that people are feeing into it. The moneysavingexpert.com version seems to be the best of those that remain.

uk.railway is certainly the best place to make an enquiry about an intended journey but the quality of the reply will depend on who is about at the time.

BTW there is still an £18 single available on your date. 22:13 from Nuneaton, arrives Ayr 07:54 Thursday.

Is that on the Sleeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670