trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Midland mainline changes to stagecoach this is the new uniform
uniform.jpg

When people ask on here about train tickets and get told that a combination of singles are cheaper than the usual returns etc, is that worked out merely by trying different options or is there a web site to use?
I know I'm going to have to change either in Leicester or Derby.

(I'm going to Hillsborough this Saturday, with friends some of whom support Shef Wed and some from Bristol so I've no idea which end I'll be sitting in as so far neither lot will give way :icon_roll )

Last edited:
When people ask on here about train tickets and get told that a combination of singles are cheaper than the usual returns etc, is that worked out merely by trying different options or is there a web site to use?
I know I'm going to have to change either in Leicester or Derby.

(I'm going to Hillsborough this Saturday, with friends some of whom support Shef Wed and some from Bristol so I've no idea which end I'll be sitting in as so far neither lot will give way :icon_roll )

Nope.
They have an almost autistic talent to provide ticket prices from memory.
No, really they do, honestly, can't you tell?

:icon_redf

actually I'd believe that about some of the peope on here. But you know what I meant.

17th November

I am considering a bit of ground hopping Leyton Orient at 12.30pm and then Dagenham/Brentford/ at 3pm.

Any prices/suggestions on a train ticket to London?

Last edited:
Not as yet but sometimes people with a bit knowledge might suggest something a bit different.

The cheapest Leicester to London fares are the advance purchase ones that can be as cheap as £7 each way. Only if there are no cheap fares available is it worth looking at things like splitting the journey into two or more tickets.

Last edited:
17th November

I am considering a bit of ground hopping Leyton Orient at 12.30pm and then Dagenham/Brentford/ at 3pm.

Any prices/suggestions on a train ticket to London?

It's not yet possible to tell with any certainty what the fare levels will be in November. EastMidlands Trains have yet to make an announcement about whether they will be keeping MML's structure of 'advance' fares The cheapest ticket that you can be sure will be available is the Saver Return at £41.70.

How do you intend to get between the two grounds? Although the two grounds are both in east London, they are almost 11 miles apart. To make the journey by public transfer requires two decent walks, two short tube rides and another longer tube ride and takes something over an hour to complete.

Even a taxi ride would be likely to take you over half an hour and even that would not guarantee that you would see the whole of both games. The fare would be likely to be in the region of £20 - £25, depending on past the taxi was able to travel.

The cheapest Leicester to London fares are the advance purchase ones that can be as cheap as £7 each way. Only if there are no cheap fares available is it worth looking at things like splitting the journey into two or more tickets.

A quick glance at the National Rail site made me wince. I tried singles as well no luck.

With your well-travelled self Jeff, have you ever parked just outside London and then got the tube/train in?

How do you intend to get between the two grounds? Although the two grounds are both in east London, they are almost 11 miles apart. To make the journey by public transfer requires two decent walks, two short tube rides and another longer tube ride and takes something over an hour to complete.

I haven't had a look at that part - I seen Sky's recent annoucement on televised games and realised there was an opportunity to see two games. I was going to refer to my football ground book this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669