Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i saw was alot to do with leicester fans. Saw them beat the crap out of stewards in the stands.

Macky, you know how much I love you, but I have to say that human males, in my experience as a human female, are not, in general, animals, and that organised group violence is not a characteristic of an evolved society.
The essential difference between humans and animals is that we (humans) make moral choices, whether we are male or female.
I will not accept any argument which denies any human, male or female, the moral dignity to rise above these facile gender divisions.
Men are in general as kind as women, and have their values. Group or individual violence is not a male condition. It's an aberration, whatever gender you belong to.

Innocent I love in equal measures.
I mix with the dregs of society & I can guarantee for you that a lot a lot of humans do not make moral choices whether it is within their capacity or not.
I also have the dubious honour of being related to somebody that is very involved in this type of business and have spent a lot of drinking time with people that are very involved. They love it, they live for it, group violence is like a drug to them, I don't condone it but I do understand it.
They are also dyed in the wool City fans and I think it's important to separate the two things.

You suggested it doesn't make them less of a human being. I was suggesting it does. Very much so. Without going over the top here, there are those that push things forward in life, and there are those that drag it back.

I agree it's part and parcel of football, but don't expect me to level with these bellends. They're pond life. End of.

I absolutely understand what you are saying Treebeard (now I do anyway :icon_wink) but these people do not think like you & I.
It was an opportunity for them to have a ruck, they relished it & they took it.

way too deep for tonight steven but couldnt have put it better

I don't share the sentiment.

The world is indeed full of arseholes. But the people who rushed to save Clive Clarke tonight, the people on here pouring out their support, the management teams of both football clubs and the vast majority of families and friends that go to watch football games are not animals or disgusting human beings.

It is a minority of narrow minded hooligans that bring the game and humanity into disrepute.

The good things about us, our humanity does surface when life throws a curve like this. I take comfort in the fact that most of the people here as a first reaction hope that firstly Clive Clarke is well and will pull through, and secondly that we all seem to care and show genuine concern that the people there (or at least the innocent honest football fans who went only to watch a game of football and who can differentiate between a game and a mans life) got home safely.

I'm going to bed. But for the first time in years tonight I will pray.

I just hope that when I wake in the morning Clive is stable and will be on the road to recovery. We can't speculate really but for something like this to a strong healthy young man must in all likelihood be a genetic defect.

Night all, and god bless.

Last edited:
I don't condone it but I do understand it.
I understand it easily enough.

These people are the scum of the earth, they are nasty, pathetic, weak minded and weak bodied parasites that thrive on attacking other people with their pack or gang. They don't care if their opposition can put up a fight in response, they just adore violence. They don't give a **** about the results of their actions, they don't care who they hurt, they're ****ing evil and they're spineless.

Answer me this, when one of these "people" is actually face to face with a group of people with a similair attitude, will he run or fight. The ****ing coward will run, and the group of cowards that are opposing him will kick his scrawny little ****ing head in.

Wankers the lot of 'em.

I mix with the dregs of society & I can guarantee for you that a lot a lot of humans do not make moral choices whether it is within their capacity or not.
I also have the dubious honour of being related to somebody that is very involved in this type of business and have spent a lot of drinking time with people that are very involved. They love it, they live for it, group violence is like a drug to them, I don't condone it but I do understand it.
They are also dyed in the wool City fans and I think it's important to separate the two things.

Unfortunately, I can relate to most of that, Macky.

I don't share the sentiment.

The world is indeed full of arseholes. But the people who rushed to save Clive Clarke tonight, the people on here pouring out their support, the management teams of both football clubs and the vast majority of families and friends that go to watch football games are not animals or disgusting human beings.

It is a minority of narrow minded hooligans that bring the game and humanity into disrepute.

The good things about us, our humanity does surface when life throws a curve like this. I take comfort in the fact that most of the people hear as a first reaction hope that firstly Clive Clarke is well and will pull through, and secondly that we all seem to care and show genuine concern that the people there (or at least the innocent honest football fans who went only to watch a game of football and who can differentiate between a game and a mans life) got home safely.

I'm going to bed. But for the first time in years tonight I will pray.

I just hope that when I wake in the morning Clive is stable and will be on the raod to recovery. We can't speculate really but for something like this to a strong healthy young man must in all likelihood be a genetic defect.

Night all, and god bless.

These people are the scum of the earth, they are nasty, pathetic, weak minded and weak bodied parasites that thrive on attacking other people with their pack or gang. They don't care if their opposition can put up a fight in response, they just adore violence. They don't give a **** about the results of their actions, they don't care who they hurt, they're ****ing evil and they're spineless.

Answer me this, when one of these "people" is actually face to face with a group of people with a similair attitude, will he run or fight. The ****ing coward will run, and the group of cowards that are opposing him will kick his scrawny little ****ing head in.

Wankers the lot of 'em.

Top posts,:038:
and on that note I'm off to bed, hopefully the news will be better in the morning.

Thanks to those Tree fans who have showed their humanity. We have got some stupid bstds though. Couldn't breathe in the bogs for the smoke of those complaining they had nowhere else to light up! Got out early mercifully so I didn't see any violence. I was on Row M next to a group with about 10 young boys - really hope they didn't get caught up in any bother

Wankers the lot of 'em.

:038:

Wankers the lot of 'em.

Yep, dead right Melts.
Remove them from the pack mentality & show them one on one aggression and a lot of them will run for cover (not all of them, not by a long shot).

The fact is that to people that are involved it is a buzz, I know it offends everybodys moral decency but the fact remains for them it is a buzz.

The fact is that to people that are involved it is a buzz, I know it offends everybodys moral decency but the fact remains for them it is a buzz.
Yep, which for me makes it all the more gut wrenching and hard to stomach.

These "people" hurt innocent people purely for fun, purely to get that buzz.

Nasty, vile, pathetic people.

the romour going arond the ground was that it was a fight in the changing room ( from a steward). MA left the pitch in tears but would not aknowledge colin calderwood?????.

That's what I herd at first but presumed this was just Chinese whispers.

Martin Allen looked inconsolable as Calderwood announced the abandonment of the game, really hope there is no more to this than what has already been said.

I absolutely understand what you are saying Treebeard (now I do anyway :icon_wink) but these people do not think like you & I.
It was an opportunity for them to have a ruck, they relished it & they took it.

Yup. Understood. In my younger days, I was on the edge of this sort of thing as well. It's exciting for young impressionable lads looking for a way to express themselves. They don't have the benefit of experience that I have now.

I guess there was a cut off point for me. A point where most young lads realise they're not invincible and they steer clear. I saw a load of the BS at a recent game and to put it bluntly, they've let themselves slip a bit! Silly young acne-ridden boys who individually looked as menacing as a British Legion away-day.

Still have the ability to collectively drag the club's name through the muck tho, which is what will get remembered.

Yes, I know what you're saying. But I love men, I have a spectacular son, and I know that male violence is a perversion. It's not natural. If you know and have dealings with perverts like this, make a speedy exit.
I understand perversions,also, and am a national (telly+radio) expert on them. But that doesn't make them OK. Drugs, perverted sex, violence (domestic or otherwise), gambling/fraud, alcoholism, are all part of life's rich tapestry for some,and some of us tread on the very edges.
But they're not good, and they're not clever, and I would hate to think that men, all men, are somehow genetically programmed to behave like chimps.
I'm a feminist man-lover, and won't ever deny men the humanity to behave humanely. The men I have loved have been, all of them, as human and moral and wonderful as I am. We are all equally endowed with a sense of right and wrong, whatever our gender, if we are sane.

just got back. awful news about clarke. forets fans were a disgrace the life of a person is far greater than football but i wouldn't expect them morons to understand that. we sat close to the A block(block Z row T seat 252) and saw all the muppets throwing coins etc at us.

in terms of football though we were shit far to many changes made henderson flapping far to much not enough closing the ball down and gave away possetion far to easy.

They don't have the benefit of experience that I have now.
Experience doesn't tell you right from wrong or good from bad, common sense and decency does.

I never had the benefit of experience when I was growing up, but I knew not to get involved with these people.

They are just bad people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673