Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't share the sentiment.

The world is indeed full of arseholes. But the people who rushed to save Clive Clarke tonight, the people on here pouring out their support, the management teams of both football clubs and the vast majority of families and friends that go to watch football games are not animals or disgusting human beings.

It is a minority of narrow minded hooligans that bring the game and humanity into disrepute.

The good things about us, our humanity does surface when life throws a curve like this. I take comfort in the fact that most of the people here as a first reaction hope that firstly Clive Clarke is well and will pull through, and secondly that we all seem to care and show genuine concern that the people there (or at least the innocent honest football fans who went only to watch a game of football and who can differentiate between a game and a mans life) got home safely.

I'm going to bed. But for the first time in years tonight I will pray.

I just hope that when I wake in the morning Clive is stable and will be on the road to recovery. We can't speculate really but for something like this to a strong healthy young man must in all likelihood be a genetic defect.

Night all, and god bless.

Love you, Silver.
xx

From what i saw was alot to do with leicester fans. Saw them beat the crap out of stewards in the stands.

not from where I sat they didn't. A minor scuffle and the few city fans involved soon got overwelmed by OB and stewards.

When we went afterwards I did not see any trouble at all, just the usual loudmouths who were trying to look hard.

Inside the ground when abandonment was announced, I would say it was due to our fans that things seemed to go downhill.

That's what I herd at first but presumed this was just Chinese whispers.

Martin Allen looked inconsolable as Calderwood announced the abandonment of the game, really hope there is no more to this than what has already been said.
with all thats been going on its a wonder ma didnt end up in an ambulance too. i think its time for everybody to take stock and calm this runaway train down.

Yup. Understood. In my younger days, I was on the edge of this sort of thing as well. It's exciting for young impressionable lads looking for a way to express themselves. They don't have the benefit of experience that I have now.

I guess there was a cut off point for me. A point where most young lads realise they're not invincible and they steer clear. I saw a load of the BS at a recent game and to put it bluntly, they've let themselves slip a bit! Silly young acne-ridden boys who individually looked as menacing as a British Legion away-day.

Still have the ability to collectively drag the club's name through the muck tho, which is what will get remembered.

they were there in large numbers tonight police had them wrapped up before the game

I got to say that from what i saw, it seemed the majority of Forest fans applauded the decision to abandon.

It was the couple of hundred in that corner of their main stand that started signing 'same old leicester always cheating' whilst exiting near where some the city fans were; and where there seems to have been little police presence.

I sincerely hope the clive recovers, and further than that, i hope the lad can continue to ply his trade, although im not sure how possible that will be.

What i will say is that regardless of the incident there was always going to be lots of trouble at this game. The amount of coins going back and forth near me was unbelievable, yes leicester were giving it as much as forest.

Anyway, glad to be back in leicestershire and away from that vile city, i maintain that i will only ever go there for football purposes.

I can imagine the main trouble happened outside that wine bar on the main road where all the mindless wankers from forest were standing. There was one meat head standing on the corner outside the pub at the end of that road shouting his mouth off and most people were laughing at him and calling him pathetic, although i can imagine the hundreds of nutters (leicester) who waited for the other fans to leave first would have been the ones who caused the trouble.

Get well soon clive, the one lad who has given us shape at the back for years.

on a brighter note De Vries and Hellings were sitting in the row in front of me tonight good to see that the players come to support the team even when they are not playing

Yes, I know what you're saying. But I love men, I have a spectacular son, and I know that male violence is a perversion. It's not natural. If you know and have dealings with perverts like this, make a speedy exit.
I understand perversions,also, and am a national (telly+radio) expert on them. But that doesn't make them OK. Drugs, perverted sex, violence (domestic or otherwise), gambling/fraud, alcoholism, are all part of life's rich tapestry for some,and some of us tread on the very edges.
But they're not good, and they're not clever, and I would hate to think that men, all men, are somehow genetically programmed to behave like chimps.
I'm a feminist man-lover, and won't ever deny men the humanity to behave humanely. The men I have loved have been, all of them, as human and moral and wonderful as I am. We are all equally endowed with a sense of right and wrong, whatever our gender, if we are sane.

WOW, you're a perversion expert? I now love you even more & want to know where I can sign up, I'd be really good at that job. :icon_lol:

I've got to be honest innocent but I really don't think we are anything more than animals who react in, sadly, very, very predictable patterns.
I really would love to think how you do but I honestly don't.

Experience doesn't tell you right from wrong or good from bad, common sense and decency does.

I never had the benefit of experience when I was growing up, but I knew not to get involved with these people.

They are just bad people.

To be honest I think some common sense and decency is built through good parenting etc, and some is through the experiences you take in. No matter. What is for certain is that we're having this same debate decades after I thought it would all have gone away.

I got to say that from what i saw, it seemed the majority of Forest fans applauded the decision to abandon.

It was the couple of hundred in that corner of their main stand that started signing 'same old leicester always cheating' whilst exiting near where some the city fans were; and where there seems to have been little police presence.

Completely agree.

Those tossers in the end section of the home end were completely bang out of order. Calling us 'cheats' as well as the 'paki' chants and the coin throwing was bound to wind up the Leicester 'boys'. The police and the stewards didn't have a ****ing clue. The way some of the City fans behaved was appauling, but I have to say the huge majority of lads being aggressive were people I'd never seen at an away match before.

All of that aside, here's hoping Clive pulls through.

on a brighter note De Vries and Hellings were sitting in the row in front of me tonight good to see that the players come to support the team even when they are not playing

we were sat / stood very near to them as well. MDV was constantly being asked for photos and autographs and he obliged everyone.

The actions of a minority of fans tonight makes me ashamed not only to be a Leicester fan, but a football fan in general.

Even more, it makes me ashamed to know (albeit, very loosely) people who I believe would be a part of this kind of behaviour. They cannot and should not call themselves Leicester City fans, as they do more damage than good to the club's reputation.

I am not saying that our fans we're the only ones to blame, but that isn't a justifiable excuse. At the end of the day, these so-called "fans" cared more about a petty rivalry than one of their own players.

They are all idiots.

I only just saw the news about the spanish player.

I really hope the same doesn't apply to clarke as it was said the spanish lad was getting better and then died.

Im off to bed praying that clarke recovers from this one.

Stearman, Sheehan, Mattock and Kaebi were all sitting a couple of rows in front of me. Even Louis Dodds was sitting with them!

The actions of a minority of fans tonight makes me ashamed not only to be a Leicester fan, but a football fan in general.

Even more, it makes me ashamed to know (albeit, very loosely) people who I believe would be a part of this kind of behaviour. They cannot and should not call themselves Leicester City fans, as they do more damage than good to the club's reputation.

I am not saying that our fans we're the only ones to blame, but that isn't a justifiable excuse. At the end of the day, these so-called "fans" cared more about a petty rivalry than one of their own players.

They are all idiots.

Good man!
:)

I'm feeling completely in shock at the moment.

I'd just like to say a big well done to the NFFC officials for agreeing to postpone the match, you could tell that Martin Allen was visibly upset when he and Colin Calderwood announced the abandonment.

Completely agree.

Those tossers in the end section of the home end were completely bang out of order. Calling us 'cheats' as well as the 'paki' chants and the coin throwing was bound to wind up the Leicester 'boys'. The police and the stewards didn't have a ****ing clue. The way some of the City fans behaved was appauling, but I have to say the huge majority of lads being aggressive were people I'd never seen at an away match before.

All of that aside, here's hoping Clive pulls through.

I've kind of decided that despite your totally offensive and childishly disgusting misogynist screen name you may be OK after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669