Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a long summer I'm afraid.

Still, like I previously said, if the player wants to leave we should let them go.

I struggle with the notion that people believe everything they read. It is truly amazing that the notion of of Kante and Vardy have such release clauses in their contracts has any credence whatsoever. If such clauses exist, which I doubt, they would be at considerable higher values than the ones quoted, having said that I haven't seen the alleged figure for Vardy. Neither player has expressed a desire to leave the Club, in fact the opposite is true both have said they are happy to stay, that doesn't mean that the situation will remain constant, it never does. However, I believe we will have the same squad with additions for next season, after that we will see.

The clauses could be complete BS.

I have a feeling that agents may have written them into contracts. For Vardy it would be his only large transfer. For Kante, who would've forseen such a rise and such a great season? It's entirely possible that there are clauses.

I hope that they stay, but of course if they want to leave then they should be sold. For Mahrez, we should try to get as much as possible. I guess it is still possible to compete with an exit of players as Southampton have shown.

I hope they all stay and show that there is still loyalty in football. Them going would signify that the big clubs still have control.

Don't think the BBC and the Guardian would report them as actual stories of the release clause was bs.

I struggle with the notion that people believe everything they read.
Now I'm conflicted, I don't know whether to read the rest of your post or not?

Likewise, how are you to know if I'm genuinely conflicted?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Really? You've not read the BBC coverage of brexit/remain then.

No but they don't usually publish football related stories (not just transfer rumours) if there's not a good source.

Pretty certain Arsenal have triggered this release clause and it's just down to Vardy whether he stays or goes now.

No but they don't usually publish football related stories (not just transfer rumours) if there's not a good source.

Pretty certain Arsenal have triggered this release clause and it's just down to Vardy whether he stays or goes now.
Hahaha ok

Hahaha ok

Not sure why you're laughing.

I may be proven wrong but the fact every major newspaper - broadsheet and redtop and the BBC site and Sky are all reporting it as fact suggests that it's very likely Arsenal have triggered it.

It isn't just on those silly transfer rumours pages anymore, every major site is reporting the release clause has been triggered as fact.

I don't believe everything I read, but trying to look at it objectively I honestly think there's a very, very high chance the release clause has been triggered and I think people who are just writing it off as rubbish and laughing at people for thinking it's likely true are being a bit hopeful. Not to say he will agree terms or he's definitely gone, but it certainly looks like Arsenal have triggered a release clause and are in talks with Vardy.

Great timing what with Vardy on England duty, so no City influence nearby. Jack Wheelchair will no doubt be having a quiet word.
Just hope Vardy says "Chat shit get banged Jack me lad" and tells Wenger where he can go too.

Not sure why you're laughing.

I may be proven wrong but the fact every major newspaper - broadsheet and redtop and the BBC site and Sky are all reporting it as fact suggests that it's very likely Arsenal have triggered it.

It isn't just on those silly transfer rumours pages anymore, every major site is reporting the release clause has been triggered as fact.

I don't believe everything I read, but trying to look at it objectively I honestly think there's a very, very high chance the release clause has been triggered and I think people who are just writing it off as rubbish and laughing at people for thinking it's likely true are being a bit hopeful. Not to say he will agree terms or he's definitely gone, but it certainly looks like Arsenal have triggered a release clause and are in talks with Vardy.

I agree with this, and also worry that Arsenal might have only done this if they had been briefed by his agent that he was up for a move.

As said above this could dismantle the team and I would be absolutely gutted to go into the CL with a vastly different team.

It would also be a sad state of affairs that we are still a selling club despite winning the league.

Who gives a shit? If our players want to leave they can leave. They've just won us the league, I'm not going to begrudge them moving on if that's what they want. We can go down next season for all I care. I've seen us crowned Champions of England, FFS.

Agree with you in essence, but the gutting thing for me isn't so much how it'll impact on our performance though so much as I love all this squad so much and I want them here for years and it'll be heartbreaking to see any of them leave.

Vardy will always be one of the greatest players ever to wear the Leicester shirt whether he leaves this summer or stats another 8 years. Hope our fans don't turn any of them if they do leave.

Strangely it seems like Vardy wants to stay based on what he's said over the last few months...but his agent will want a big payday i'm sure and his mrs would want London life i'm sure.

If they truly want to make Vardy a "star" then taking him to London will help that. Arsenal are on of the world's biggest clubs with a strong history. He'd live in London. He'd be more likely to get larger commercial deals. Possible even give Roy a license to pick him over Rooney, with them both being at a "big club." It's pretty much good for him all round.

And most of all his wife will get to be away from his stalker

The rumours are not eminating from tin pot websites. I think we have to accept that this has happened.

I doubt Arsenal would bid to trigger a release clause in Vardy's contract if he either, 1. Did not want to leave; or 2. Did not want to hold LCFC to ransom for improved terms. The release clause, if indeed it does exist, is contained in a private contract. The club, Vardy and his agent (undoubtedly) know about this and are the only parties who likely do.

The conclusion then is that Vardy and/or his agent have shared this information for either a move or to extort more money from us. Arsenal would not make the bid if they did not think there was interest. The clause in any event can only have come to their attention from one of Vardy's people.

Either way he signed a contract in Feb that evidently means nothing to him. I'm shocked that after breaking a PL record the club allowed a 20m release clause to be included. Should have paid a premium for it not to be included.

It is Dickov all over again. "Yeah I'll stay"...bollocks will you. If we won't pay the ransom or Vardy is hell bent on going then that is it sadly.

If he goes he will go down in my estimations.

One thing is for sure though. No one person is bigger than the club. If Vardy wants to go and that is his only objective then he should. There is no point in having unhappy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566